Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: questioner1950 ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 12:11PM

For those who have been through the temple and those who have seen the temple ceremony on the internet you all remember the scene involving the green apron. When Adam and Eve are in the garden and partake of the fruit they get knowledge. Apparently a big part of that knowledge is realizing they are naked. Being a voyeur, Lucifer notices and tells them to take fig leaves and make aprons to cover their nakedness. Then Eve and Adam hear Elohim and Jehovah chatting in the distance. Lucifer then tells them to hide.

Now, for all you TBMs with current recommends and a faithfilled yearning to achieve godhood let me suggest you ponder the above scenario. Who are you obeying when you put on your green aprons? The narrator doesn't count. He is neither Elohim nor Jehovah. And what is the second to last thing you put on when you clothe yourselves in the robes of the holy priesthood? The only thing that is tied around you after the green apron is the long sash. You'll never get an answer to the question of what that sash represents. Let me give you something else to ponder. That sash ties everything to your temple robes, thus binding the Lucifer-inspired green apron over your so-called priesthood authority.

Please think about this the next time you do an endowment session or when you see a dead person at a viewing with that green apron wrapped around them. That green apron has nothing to do with Elohim or Jehovah, if you believe in all of that nonsense. The devil is a huge part of your endowment ceremony!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2015 07:03PM by questioner1950.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GodLedMeOut (nli) ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 12:33PM

They may be wondering what that thing is at the Goodwill store.

Posted by: ProudPHQ ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 03:56AM

The white aprons worn in Masonry are not references to nakedness in the Garden of Eden. They refer to the aprons master masons used to hold construction tools, dating back to the building of the Great Pyramids.
Masonry's stated purpose is to make good men better, and this philosophy extends to Masonic organizations for women and youth.
Beyond that, the focus is on community service and deepening spiritual involvement (whether you are Protestant, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, or even LDS) which your preferred church
As history shows, Masons do not belong in the pool of polygamous
plagiarizers who sexually abuse young women.

Posted by: cristib ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 01:23PM

Though I don't know many active, believing TBMs who'd read this post here, thanks for giving me some fodder to feed my hubby...

I admit, I'd never really analysed it this way before.

I had come to the conclusions that in reality, Mormons and Masons (since that's where most of the ceremony comes from) actually do not worship a "righteous" being like they claim, but since they worship the "God of this Earth"... they worship the god of light, LUCIFER! OMGsh! Yeah, that was a very disturbing little tidbit that I had on my shelves that spilled out when the shelf broke.

Posted by: ProudPHQ ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 10:46AM

The Masonic white apron has nothing to do with the Garden of Eden.
It's a symbol of the actual craft of Masonry.
JS may have "borrowed" a few symbols from parts of Masonic initiation rituals, but there the commonality ends. Masons seek to improve the lives of their own communities and members come from all religious faiths. Please don't taint us with the polygamous sex-abuse of minors slime of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young.

Posted by: Proud PHQ ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 12:40PM

Sorry for the double post. The post immediately above was a revision of the first post (further upthread) that kept provoking "rejected - spam bot" responses, thus I assumed it did not post. So I changed a few things to omit what I could only guess were words or phrases unacceptable to the anti-spam program. My apologies to all for what appears to be a repetitive rant.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 04:02PM

Excellent points.

I see mine daily. It's in the drawer with the oven mitts.

Posted by: Just Wonderin ( )
Date: September 16, 2015 12:22PM

Maybe collect a few more, and use them as place mats when you invite the mishies over for dinner.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 04:07PM

Joseph Smith thinks to himself: "Hmmmm, the Masons have that sash, so it must be important....I'd better snap that up too."

Simple as that, I'd say.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 04:42PM

I believe that the green apron is part of the masonic ceremony.

If I am wrong someone please correct me.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 04:50PM

Masons do not have green aprons. That is a fact.

Date: September 13, 2015 06:24PM

Correct. They have aprons, but they're not green. JS joined the masons and must have immediately thought of the biblical reference to Adam and Eve. Clever young lad.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 12:28PM

Thank you! I stand corrected

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 04:02PM

That's true, Masonic aprons have nothing to do with the Garden of Eden as stonemasons used to keep their tools in an apron. Joseph Smith basically ripped off some Masonic rituals when he came up with the temple ceremony. Even though Mormons no longer do the "penalties," they've kept some aspects of the Masonic ceremony, such as the aprons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2015 04:03PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: Holy the Ghosf ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 09:05PM

the Freemasons dropped the penalties too? I can't look it up right now, but I think it was in '86? ie just before the Lds did it...

raises the possibility that the elimination of penalties was also lifted from the masons.

Posted by: goatsgotohell ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 11:40PM

I got all hung up on the apron thing my first time through - I didn't get how Lucifer shows up wearing an apron, proclaims "It is an emblem of my power and priesthoods" then satan commands Adam and Eve to make aprons of fig leaves and hide from god. At this point, the apron seems pretty shady to me...so I can't understand why we all pull out a green apron and tie it on. Then, if you think about it, god has Adam and eve take off their aprons and wear the animal skins (I always thought about Fred and Wilma Flintstone at that point) but everyone in the temple just keeps wearing their non-white and clean green apron. It bothered me every time I went though the temple. I never got why it didn't seem to bother anyone else. Why do you wear the apron when it seems to be all about Satan? Despite the fact that I think it is all BS now, it still bugs me...

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 12:12AM

That made a huge impression on me the first time through.

Each time I suffered through watching it at the MTC it really started to bother me.

As soon as your born you start dying
So you might as well have a good time

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 04:59AM

I have often wondered how TBMs fail to realize that there had to be death before A and E were thrown out of Eden - where God made them garments of animal skins! Of course, it is strange how anyone can take the whole story of Adam and Eve literally.

Posted by: Just Wonderin ( )
Date: September 16, 2015 12:23PM

Great catch!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: September 13, 2015 11:50PM

Pecking order is big in the LDS Cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2015 11:52PM by steve benson.

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 12:16AM

Very good point . Thanks op

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 12:28AM

Well it is NO SECRET who the god(s) of Mormonism are - evil beings known as Lucifer, Satan, whatever. Doesn't matter, the CULT is EVIL and is ruled by EVIL. But, try telling this to the morons who blindly obey Lucifer in the Temple continually. You would think that Lucifer is not speaking English they way people ignore that they are indeed obeying the prince of lies!

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 12:32AM

And maybe, this is the real reason mormons aren't suppose to talk about the temple ceremonies. They might start asking why do we do this? Why is this or that important? And then, discussions like this one might occur.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 02:22AM

Why green?

The color of money.

It's a shame that they don't have subliminal cuts in the temple movie to shame and motivate all the dishonest tithing tr holders to go running for their checkbooks.

Yes, the morg wants it all.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 03:26AM

Yet, you also have to remember that Lucifer was given power over the Earth. Adam even asks Lucifer, "What is that apron you are wearing?" and Lucifer answers, "It is a symbol of my priesthood."

It is later that Lucifer appears (after the fall) and he is sans aprons, sash, etc... In the old days it was when Lucifer had to hire the minister to preach to Adam and Eve.

So, we were to take this information and study it out. There are little clues that we were to behold every time and learn a new lesson, examples: Elohim and Jehovah both have white hair and look exactly alike. Elohim stands on a higher platform than Jehovah. The 5 points of fellowship is was symbolic of the fish and Judas used this when kissing Jesus to betray him, which is why Jesus was so surprised. The three ribbons on the priesthood robe/men's baker's hats were to represent the 3 priesthoods Melchizedek, Patriarchal, Aaronic (yet they explained away the Patriarchal).

Date: September 14, 2015 11:47AM

dydimus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> So, we were to take this information and study it
> out. There are little clues that we were to
> behold every time and learn a new lesson,
> examples: Elohim and Jehovah both have white hair
> and look exactly alike. Elohim stands on a higher
> platform than Jehovah. The 5 points of fellowship
> is was symbolic of the fish and Judas used this
> when kissing Jesus to betray him, which is why
> Jesus was so surprised. The three ribbons on the
> priesthood robe/men's baker's hats were to
> represent the 3 priesthoods Melchizedek,
> Patriarchal, Aaronic (yet they explained away the
> Patriarchal).

I would very much like to know the source of your information regarding the symbolism of the temple clothing. When working at the temple I asked these questions of the temple authorities. I was told "I don't know" and then I was told "stop asking questions." To me this meant "They don't have a fucking clue what goes on in the temple."

Posted by: roger1 ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 10:12AM

Remember that you are taught in the Temple that Satan is the God of This World. Also, you can buy anything in this world for Money.

Now you know who inspired it and why L-d$,inc built the One True Mall and Apostles dedicate law offices and Marriott Hotels.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 10:31AM

That is the one that shocked the hell out of me when I got my endowments. Satan was running the show. Elohim, the omniscient creator, was asking Lucifer "what's goin' on?"

It is so hard looking back to accept that I accepted that anyway so easily.

When you accept that the church is true before you really even know what the church really is, then the crazy seems just peachy.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 10:43AM

...refused to put on the green apron?

"Oh, ĦƐ££ no! I'm not gonna do what HE says! C'mon, he's Satan! The enemy, guys!"

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 07:14PM

It would be hilarious if someone had a RED apron and merely said he/she was colorblind, and wondered why anyone had a problem. Also, rather than a mere copy of a fig leaf apron, it would be cool for someone to make an apron out of fig leaves and wear it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2015 07:15PM by rhgc.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 11:04PM

Just my opinion but, the entire temple ceremony is more cobbled together gobbledygook than sinister satanic worship.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 11:50PM

Little known fact: Lucifer's apron in the endowment ceremony used to have special emblems on it, including pillars and snakes. Reference:

http://fultonhistory.com/Newspaper4/Elmira%20NY%20Morning%20Telegram/Elmira%20NY%20Morning%20Telegram%201889%20-%201891%20Grayscale/Elmira%20NY%20Morning%20Telegram%201889%20-%201891%20Grayscale%20-%200173.pdf

Compare with the masonic apron that belonged to George Washington:

http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseum/images/gw_apron_with_blue_background_1.jpg

Posted by: Anon again ( )
Date: September 16, 2015 03:43AM

According to a website authored by Fritz Springmeyer, researcher on occult and Satanic practices, deep emerald green (as seen in the LDS Temple apron) has Satanic significance:

"DARK EMERALD GREEN. This color is assigned to the AntiChrist-Satan alter(s). Green is the occult color for Satan and happens to be the most sacred color. Few people outside of Satanists know that Green is more sacred for them than any other color."

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 16, 2015 10:02AM

WAIT!

are the temple aprons now 'plain', without any patterns / embroidery on them? Who Knew!?

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: September 16, 2015 12:35PM

So you can display it on your porch flag pole for Halloween AND St. Patrick's day. Bonus.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: September 16, 2015 12:37PM

I was wondering what to do with mine. I thought I got rid of everything and just recently found my temple clothes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.