Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Particles of Faith ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 10:17PM

I know we're latecomers but my wife and I just returned from London a few days ago where we saw The Book of Mormon musical in the Prince of Wales theatre in West London. Loved the entire experience not to mention all of the other sites London has to offer including its afternoon teas and champagne brunches. Ah...the advantages of ex-Mormonism. Just felt like sharing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 10:22PM

*envy*

Posted by: mswhinny ( )
Date: September 14, 2015 10:24PM

What fun! I love that show. Something I saw yesterday in this forum made me bust out the lyrics to "Baptize Me". Don't remember what it was, but what a fun song!

https://vimeo.com/76902715

Did you have a favorite song or moment?

Date: September 15, 2015 09:11PM

I loved the song about Salt Lake City. It was hilarious and the young woman who sang it has a beautiful voice.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 02:33AM

Bought the tickets more than a YEAR ago. Can't wait!!!

(It will be interesting to see how my quasi-TBM, RM DH reacts to it. . .)

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 08:01AM

at the Capitol Theater in downtown Zion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK21_3qWJtA

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 08:09AM

I love it too. I watched it as an highlight on my NYC Trip back in 2011. I still love to sing along the songs with BF. When his TBM Family calls I always sing "Spooky Mormon Helldream" ^^ Sadly it wasn't played somewhere in Germany. On the other Hand I hated always how they mess with every good musical they translated.... Naa booking a weekend in London and sse it there is a nice option though :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2015 08:11AM by newnameabigail.

Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 11:45AM

I saw it a few weeks ago in DC. It was amazing!

Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 12:17PM

Could not get into the show when it came to Zion. Is it worth a trip to vegas to see?

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 01:40PM

yes

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 01:44PM

I second that yes .... I'd see it again if I ever get th3 chance.

Date: September 15, 2015 02:04PM

The show just finished it's third successful run in Denver. I saw it the first time in October 2013. I got up at 4am to go down and be one of the first in line for tickets. Completely worth it!

I took my teenage son, who I did not raise Mormon. We took, as our guest, a friend of his who was being love bombed and targeted by a group of Mormon teens from our local high school. There were social consequences for my son if he talked about the show at all, including from a Mormon teacher. But I always told him those kids were a clique with an agenda, anyway. Nice. But we ended up helping to keep the child free!

One thing I found interesting was that TSCC took out three full page colored ads in the program, "Now Read The Book!". While at the same time, all the Mormons in our area were outspoken in their opposition to the musical. That they supported with their tithes because they advertised in the program. SMH

Turn it off, like a light switch!

Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 04:15PM

what is ironic is that those ads are the best missionary the LDS have right now.

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 05:11PM

I've seen the musical twice and would love to see it again.

In my spare time I messed with the Playbill ads just a little. Check out my versions -

http://s19.postimg.org/h4mc03gnn/BOMad1.jpg

http://s19.postimg.org/s9baldedv/BOMad2.jpg

http://s19.postimg.org/lk4r5ct1v/BOMad3.jpg

Date: September 15, 2015 05:42PM

ROFLMAO!

Date: September 15, 2015 09:16PM

Same three pages were in the London program.

Posted by: danielson ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 04:48PM

I think my favorite was the song 'Turn it Off'. It perfectly summarizes Mormon attitudes. Great play! I'm so glAd we got the opportunity to see it when it came to SLC. The crowd here made it extra fun

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: September 15, 2015 04:50PM

The Vegas group of exmos is seeing it Oct 11 at 2pm, we invite all to receive it.

We have a block of 27 seats which are all filled now. BUT, you can still sit by the group, just get your tickets directly from the Smith Center. We are in Orchestra Right, Row E to J. The aisle seats are available as are all the rows behind. Here is the link to the tickets:

http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3ATSC%3ATSC1516%3AR1011M%3A&linkID=tsc&shopperContext&pc&caller&appCode&groupCode=BOM&cgc

We will do a meetup before or after to chat too.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.