Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sonofabish ( )
Date: September 17, 2015 09:44PM

The other night my wife approached me and asked if I wanted to go out and get new underwear because of my dissatisfaction with the church. I have been wanting to do this for a while, but for some reason just couldn't bring myself to do it. I had stopped wearing the tops a couple of weeks ago. Well as of tonight, I went to the store and picked up some boxer shorts. I am finally free of wearing those things. I am exuberant right now, and wanted to share with everyone what color underwear I am NOT wearing right now!

I want to say thank you for everyone here, so many of your comments and stories, even if they werent directed at me have helped me move faster than when I was trying to go through everything alone. I wish I had found this site 2 years ago, I think it would have saved me a lot of pain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 17, 2015 09:50PM

CONGRATS!!!

Now my outerwear eschewing Celestial White has gone down to my underwear! I no longer have a Celestial Smile or a mark of submission on my knee!!!!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 17, 2015 10:38PM

I never had to wear those silly garments.

I thought they looked so funny on my parents who wore them for many years, that somehow I was able to skirt around ever having to go through the temple for my endowments.

Never really had a desire to in fact. It was kept so secretive I thought I must surely be missing something really spectacular.

Now, since everything is in the open with the "secret" and "sacred" ceremony, I thank GOD I was spared the wrath.

Posted by: Abaddon-notloggedin ( )
Date: September 17, 2015 11:19PM

Feels good, doesn't it?

Breathe the free air.

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: September 18, 2015 12:20AM

Get your wife matching panties.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: September 18, 2015 02:40AM

Well done!!

Enjoy it!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 18, 2015 03:03AM

Normal underwear is a positive recovery step. You'll likely feel better physically and emotionally. Well done.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.