Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 07:23PM

I'd love for my remnants to spend eternity there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJF70sHMFN8

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 07:36PM

My wife and I will be cremated and our remains will be placed in a niche in the columbarium behind the altar in my new church. Much cheaper than burial in a cemetery. My dad's ashes were scattered at sea off of the fantail of a Navy destroyer.

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 07:44PM

Full body burial in the family plot in the cemetery.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 07:49PM

I am a registered organ donor... I told my husband to donate my body to "science" after that, that is if anyone has any use for it, or any part of it. I've always been a pretty useless person, though, so could be it's useless too.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: September 21, 2015 04:49AM

If you havent already, it may be interesting to read "Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers" by Mary Roach
It is a witty, factual book about the historical and current use of human cadavers by medicine. Its very well researchedf and Mary Roach is a brilliant, hands on, sort of writer

Long story short... Human cadavers are very useful and are generally treated very respectfully by the student health professionals

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: September 21, 2015 08:15AM

I just donated my body to UCLA medical school. I will read that book. bTW I am a retired rn and have felt very useful in my life and am making the " extraordinary " and ultimate donation of usefulness after my death. I feel real good about it.

I want to read that book Stiff

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 21, 2015 04:42PM

That's a good book!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 08:04PM

I want my kids to throw my ashes (to be in a biodegradable paper bag) over the Lower Falls in Yellowstone from the lookout at the top of the falls. One wild last ride!

That was a favorite family spot we visited a lot living in Idaho Falls.

Apparently this is illegal in a National Park so I have some research to do to get permission.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=lower+falls+lookout+yellowstone&view=detailv2&&id=D58A525113584CEA054C5A9CD18BEF20781F2406&selectedIndex=46&ccid=kF%2fYdMKA&simid=608010685136439594&thid=JN.%2b2e9On%2fSoIQhmxa3BiEE9A&ajaxhist=0

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 08:04PM

scattered in the deep blue sea

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 08:13PM

I would like my ashes to be added to the foil flavor packet of ramen noodles.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 10:33PM

would likely be the healthiest ingredient in the thing! :)

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 08:57PM

I like your choice, Deco! Lol

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 08:59PM

For all I care, they could dump me in a vacant lot and let the wild dogs and rats eat me.

Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 09:04PM

I honestly don't care what they do. As long as it doesn't break the bank. I would hate to put my family in that kind of bind.

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 09:30PM

I have asked my kids to scatter my ashes on the rise in the forest behind my cottage. We have all had decades of great family times there for more than fifty years and now the grandkids are enjoying it.

Posted by: goatsgotohell ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 09:49PM

I want to be cremated and then divided up so my husband and kids each get "a piece of me" and then they can do what ever they deem important. They can keep me on the mantle, they can bury me in their back yard, they can take me someplace special to them (me?) and scatter. Whatever is meaningful to them. They all look at me like I'm freaking insane. I find it a nice idea. Obviously I'm in the minority here...

Posted by: cristib ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 09:53PM

Neither!

After finding out that it costs the same to be buried as it does to be turned to stone....

I have asked to be turned to diamonds and set in a set of rings, or maybe a necklace.

Posted by: Heathen ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 09:58PM

Great minds think alike!

I have also told my family to have my carbon leftovers turned into small diamonds so they can each keep a little piece of me.

Way better than an urn full of ashes, IMO.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: September 20, 2015 10:35PM

That's a great idea! Wonder if I want to pay for that?

Otherwise, scattered in the lineup at my favorite local surfspot, where I spent many happy decades.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 21, 2015 03:56AM

not far from the Cabrillo lighthouse. I love that lighthouse!!

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 21, 2015 04:10AM

I want to be turned into a diamond.

Company called life gem. Refines your ashes and turns the carbon in them into an lab created diamond.

Posted by: Scully ( )
Date: September 21, 2015 05:26AM

My stated wishes:

1) organ donation of whatever would be useful. Not inclined toward the scientific research donation but will read book, Stiff, for perspective. I was once an anatomy student and teaching assistant and don't feel drawn to do that personally.

2) cremation

3) the BEST part - I bequeath enough funds to support my immediate family on reunion trips (at convenient times) to three of my favorite places on earth. They will travel together in style and use the time to remember how much they are loved and how these earthly ties to family can enrich their lives.

4) at each special location (1 domestic and 2 intenrational) some of my ashes will be scattered to give a bit of me back to those lovely vistas. Each location was a site of a family vacation and intended to evoke feelings of satisfaction and happiness.

Posted by: Keith Vaught ( )
Date: September 21, 2015 07:57AM

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: September 21, 2015 08:14AM

I have had to deal with a family funeral in the last year. It was a cremation. the cost took about 1/2 the bereaved person's estate.
So, I would like my remains to treated in the cheapest way possible while still respecting the ecosystem. I would prefer whatever small amount of money I leave to end up in the hands of Pub Landlords or vintners, rather than undertakers. I wont be there, so I dont care about the view

Posted by: my ex-wife ( )
Date: September 21, 2015 09:49AM

In the case of my ex-wife, they should have her stuffed and place her on the end of the sofa with a remote control in one hand. It would probably be years before anyone realized she is deceased rather than engaging in her usual activity ;-)

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: September 21, 2015 09:58AM

The Donnerbalken way is to run the body through a commercial wood chipper at the edge of the lake after the hymns are sung and prayers are said. We always check wind direction beforehand. In the cultural hall afterward there is fried chicken, red Kool-Aid, green Jell-O salad, and funeral potatoes, with red Jell-O for desert. The red spray from the chipper, the red Kool-Aid, and red Jell-O give us closure.

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: September 21, 2015 03:09PM

I'm going to donate my body to the University of Tennessee's Forensic Anthropology Center, to help in the study of the identification of the unknown dead.

http://fac.utk.edu/

"The Department of Anthropology receives over one hundred body donations a year. All donations are placed at the Anthropological Research Facility, with the remains eventually accessioned into the William M. Bass Donated Skeletal Collection."

I've always wanted to be accessioned. To me it's a lot like (but better than) exaltation.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: September 21, 2015 03:17PM

A tree though, I'd die for: https://urnabios.com

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 21, 2015 07:47PM

OK

moms

all the wives

all the children

cuzins, inlaws, outlaws, powers-of attorney,

of ziller

have strict instructions:

FLUSH ASHES DOWN TOILET

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 21, 2015 07:49PM

I'm already scattered.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.