Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 04:42AM

Me?

I am doing conference. It is a special season where I watch everything I can while drinking and yelling at the television. Much like the NFL and NBA playoffs.

Truly, it is a most wonderful time of the year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 04:53AM

LOLOL.

It used to either put me to sleep watching it, or doing its guilt tripping listening to the GA speakers telling us how to live.

Enjoy your day trip. I may take mine on the road somewhere, because I can. :)

I get enough armchair quarterbacking listening to you guys. :)

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 04:57AM

Hiding out in my room.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 06:49AM

Birthday party/family get together. We're celebrating the birthdays of my sister's grandchildren. They turned 16 and 3 in September. Sis is making lasagne. Yum.

Other Susan

Posted by: Talon Avex ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 06:55AM

Cleaning the house and relaxing this morning. I plan to get out and see some friends this afternoon. It's just nice to have a day to catch my breath and enjoy the world around me.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 07:15AM

Going on a morning hike. I don't care if it rains or snows, it is beautiful around here, and my dog doesn't seem to care about the weather, either. If it weren't for the dog, half the time I wouldn't go, so I'm glad she's here to motivate me.

I'm putting away my summer clothes, and bringing out the winter stuff, and giving a lot of it away, because I'm two sizes smaller. (I gave up sugar and potato chips for lent, last spring.) I don't like to sew, but need to hem, alter, and sew on buttons. I'll watch movies, while I'm doing it. Not Conference. I get a headache at the sound of it--the drone of the male voices, the language (Who the heck says, "brethren" anymore, and "--even...." Most of all, I hate the muddy, singing of the depressing MoTab choir. Sure, there are some good musicians in there, but too many older vibrato voices, and all they sing are Mormon funeral-durge-type hymns.

It's like rap, to me. The second I hear it, I turn it off, or leave.

I'm one of the few who does not dread Mondays. I like my job, and Monday I'll have clothes that fit, with buttons on them. I used to definitely dread Sunday, which was the worst day of the week. We have pizza on Sundays, in rebellion against all those arduous Sunday dinners that weren't appreciated.

Posted by: Talon Avex ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 07:35AM

Breeze Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm putting away my summer clothes, and bringing
> out the winter stuff, and giving a lot of it away,
> because I'm two sizes smaller. (I gave up sugar
> and potato chips for lent, last spring.)

As someone who is starting the process of 'eating clean' and giving up sugar and pre-processed foods...I raise a glass of freshly-squeezed OJ to you in honor of your success. :)

Good job, Breeze!!!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 10:09AM

Good going Breeze!

Now *you* inspire me! :)

Take that Q12.

I don't listen to that either. Haven't missed it in years. I'm surprised for all the ex-Mos here, it's still a focal point of discussion lol. But then, it's the one thing we all had in common at one time, though not anymore.

Life is so much sweeter with other things to see, explore and do. That's yesterday's news. :)

It's a beautiful autumn day where I'm at. The kind to maybe take a drive through southern Ontario, through Niagara on the Lake. Fall foliage starts a bit sooner there than it does here, for some odd reason.

And the scenic drive is unparalleled for this area. :)

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 07:42AM

Smack dab in the middle of Georgia, HBO, coffee, recuperating.

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 07:47AM

Well TBM DH is off today and will have good ol' BYU TV blasting so damn loud the neighbors will hear it!

Me-I'll be attending The Church of The Backyard Garden. Enjoying the birds singing and the blue jays calling for bread scraps.

Gawd help us all who have TBM spouses that will be blasting the borefest conference.

Have a good one everyone!

-Dennis

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 08:05AM

I live in a tropical paradise (really). All of my neighbors, kids, dogs, surf boards, beach bikes, beer coolers, grills etc. are making one last 2-block trek to the ocean for a final blow-out before the weather turns too cool to do it again until next spring.

Elder Rasband who???? . . . Gosh my life is different than it was ten years ago. The beach trumps GC any day!!

Boo ya! Gotcha all beat. ;o)

Posted by: atouchscreendarkly ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 09:20AM

Swimming, I think, though it got really suddenly cool here starting yesterday, so we'll see.

That, and dodging questions about "what ... I thought about Elder [whoever]'s talk.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 09:49AM

Im heading back to bed. LOL

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 09:59AM

COFFEE!!!

RB

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 10:57AM

I am enjoying a day off at home inside so I don't float away. We finally saw the sun yesterday but it didn't stick around for that long because it was raining again when I went to bed at midnight. I am probably going to putter around and play on my computer. :)

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 11:03AM

Just got back from walking the Bull Mastiff one more time and dropping off the key to the house I nannied at for the last 2 years. It's a relief, because this family has challenged me beyond measure. Now having a Mickie Ds breakfast with BF, then meeting up with some of my potter friends to get our pets vaxxed at the clinic. Then BF and I are probably heading over to Aztec to watch the last of the Highland Games. I wish he had a kilt!

Posted by: southbound ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 12:01PM

Still in the oil patch. Project almost done. Looking forward to a few months of. May go road tripping.

Posted by: síóg ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 12:03PM

Rugby World Cup. Go Ireland.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 02:29PM

I spent most of the morning mirror polishing a hunting knife that I am making.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 02:34PM

I dropped my girlfriend off at the bus stop in plenty of time for her to make the connection with the morning ferry, so she'll be back home in plenty of time to greet the returning shrimp boats...

Date: October 04, 2015 02:35PM

I dropped my girlfriend off at the bus stop in plenty of time for her to make the connection with the morning ferry, so she'll be back home in plenty of time to greet the returning shrimp boats...

Now I'll nap and then get up and go to bed.

Date: October 04, 2015 02:35PM

Now I'll nap and then get up and go to bed.

Date: October 04, 2015 04:18PM

Did I mention my g/f???

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 05:45PM

Holy hell elderoldog...are you draaanKin' today, too?

;o)

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 02:59PM

Coffee, then about to go to a rare book fair and do other stuff.

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 04:23PM

I bought a Yoga Ball and am doing crunches and stuff on it while listening to Music for the Morning playlist by Apple Music Pop:)

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 05:04PM

Scouring out the litter box.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2015 05:04PM by lillium.

Posted by: celeste ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 05:16PM

Coffee, making soup from scratch, baking a pumpkin coffee cake, walking in the forest with my dog, listening to non-edifying music, watching non-edifying movies.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 06:05PM

Went into town to buy some lawn tractor parts and got a call from a guy that told me he wanted to buy a piece of farm equipment I have for sale...so I some did business and made a few bucks ON A SUNDAY!!! WHILE GC WAS IN SESSION!!!! MY BAD!!

Ron Burr

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: October 04, 2015 06:15PM

Riding my bike and later will make my first attempt at omuraisu (omelette filled with fried rice).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.