Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sonofperdition ( )
Date: October 08, 2015 01:34AM

If BYU loses to Eastern Carolina that loss will be very detrimental to it's football program. BYU will be 3-3 if they lose. This will hurt recruiting and respect for the team and TSCC. All exmos need to hope for the worst for BYU this Saturday. TSCC has used BYU football for many years to use its image to boost the cult. Now that the program is in peril the cult is suffering. They can't get into a power conference for many reasons. No conference wants to be associated with the cult. BYU will become a laughing joke in the world of college football and it will slowly fade away just like the church. Go Pirates! Beat BYU! I love seeing the cult die! The work will not progress! The work will not be done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2015 01:35AM by sonofperdition.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonofperdition ( )
Date: October 08, 2015 01:38AM

Eastern Carolina isn't that bad of a team. They could very well pull off a W in P-Town.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 08, 2015 02:42AM

I certainly hope that E Carolina is a LOT MORE like Michigan than like UConn.

FUCK BYU!

In the name of the Lowerhead Lord MORmON Jesus, amen.

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: October 08, 2015 01:46AM

BYU football died when their idiot AD got them to go independent and leave the MWC. They may have one possibly two decent opponents, one of which may end up in the top 25. It is guaranteed BYU has lost to these opponents. Then they have a laughable schedule even in comparison to MWC. This is what happens when arrogant white guys that are big fish in a cult pond make decisions by dogma, faith, and a sense they are chosen.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: October 08, 2015 01:54AM

Exactly. BYU shot itself in the foot, with that bad decision. I wonder if their bitterness at U of Utah's getting into the Pac 12, made them act like they were better than Utah, and too good for the MWC. There is such a rivalry with the U!

My family and I are all graduates of the U, and huge Utes fans--but I'm the only one who really hates BYU.

Go Pirates!

Date: October 08, 2015 02:36AM

Just to clarify I am a YBU grad, but became a solid Ute fan in about 2000. I am not the least bit disappointed in BYUs misfortune!

I just didn't want anyone to think I was complaining about BYU in hopes they would fix it.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: October 08, 2015 11:29AM

The U has been terrible since joining the Pac-12 (27-23 before this season), with a couple 7-loss seasons (no bowl games). This is the first year that they're not near the bottom of the Pac-12 South, but UofU football didn't die. BYU has had bad teams before, and it did no harm to the church. I think this is wishful thinking.

What I like about the U is that they have real fans. Win or lose, the fans keep supporting the team. Mormons, obsessed with perfection, start every season thinking they're heading for the national championship. That was possible this season with the difficult early schedule, the miracle wins, etc... Two losses later? The stadium was MAYBE 2/3 full for the UConn game. Everyone has already given up.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: October 08, 2015 03:42AM

Arrogance and hubris! So good to see these jerks fall down the ratings, and they brought it all on themselves.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: October 08, 2015 02:37AM

Meanwhile up at the University of Utah...

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: October 08, 2015 08:45AM

I love this post. It made my day. Love to see BYU lose like the losers they are. I am predicting a win by East Carolina, but I usually always predict a BYU loss. In the name of cheese and rice of latter day ain'ts.

Posted by: LandoKammando ( )
Date: October 08, 2015 09:17AM

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: October 08, 2015 10:39AM

This is funny because I live an hour and a half from East Carolina and I actually just started follow them in football a couple of years ago and this is the first time I actually heard of them playing BYU. Yes we are a decent team and I know that there better teams out there but why would this be the end of BYU. I am just kind of curious.

Date: October 08, 2015 10:41PM

Well, my opinion is that it is because they went independent. PAC 12 came courting Utah and BYU couldn't understand why the PAC 12 would not want Dog's chosen university and people in their conference. So BYU could not just stay behind in the MWC while Utah makes a big step up To a premier conference. So the brain trust of entitlement and arrogance got together and decided they would go independent (not part of a conference) like Notre Dame along with one or two non-competitive teams at the time.

The problem is Notre Dame has had long time scheduling ties with what are usually perennial top 25 teams in the country. Notre Dame is usually at the top of difficult schedule rankings with the opponents they schedule. Since BYU has gone independent, their schedules have been a joke and possibly represent one of the softest schedules in the country. It is rare that they play a team that is ranked in the top 25 by the end of the season. Even if one of BYUs opponents is in the top 25 at the end of the season it is assured BYU lost to them. It doesn't look like the scheduling is going to improve, nor is their recruiting ability.

Had BYU stayed in the MWC they would have a tougher schedule than they have put together since.

Someone mentioned that Utah has had some bad years, but they entered into a division of a conference that could possibly be the toughest in the country. Add to that, PAC 12 coaches are probably the most creative and able to make adjustments throughout a game. PAC 12 does not have the best athletes yet, but it is innovative and makes things happen with what they have.

Due to schedule, the results on that schedule, and the recruiting that will happen from that schedule BYU is done. They need to find the conference that Liberty university is in and join it.

Posted by: Gone girl ( )
Date: October 08, 2015 11:48PM

Maybe this is common knowledge, but I just learned from a friend that the team has a testimony meeting the night before each game. What??!! Is that any way to fire up a football team? Bizarre. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 09, 2015 12:02AM

wonder if coach gets upset if QB Mangum cries when he bares/bears his testimoany?

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: October 09, 2015 11:13AM

LOL...If Bronco doesn't get upset he should be upset. The last thing you want as a football coach is to have the office front line crying and sniffling like a bunch of girly-men the night before. Very believable...we're talking about Cult-U here.

Posted by: jantzer ( )
Date: October 09, 2015 01:12AM

I think the same effect the internet has had on the loss of LDS membership will also ultimately contribute to the death of BYU football. Non-Mormon football recruits will use the internet and social media in helping to make decisions on which college to attend, particularly when they have multiple recruitment offers. The result will be that fewer and fewer non-Mormon athletes will decide to apply their skills at the "Lord's University", resulting with BYU football being left with mostly average Mormon athletes. Simply stated, non-Mormon athletes will opt out of attending a mind control university, where even coffee is prohibited, and which is sponsored by a cult based religion. I also agree that poor administrative decisions resulted in BYU going to "independent" status, but at present,the only conference BYU could possibly get into for football would be the MWC and it is questionable whether or not the MWC would want to take them back.

Posted by: Pathway ( )
Date: October 09, 2015 10:41AM

BYU's remaining strength of schedule is currently ranked 84th in the country...They are projected to finish at 8-4. Enough for another bowl game invitation.

BYU football will never go away no matter how poorly the team performs. They have the same ability to look away as they do with the Church.

Besides, their football program survived the boycott from other athletic teams back in the 70's. That was a much bigger threat. Would love to see something similar today.

Posted by: jantzer ( )
Date: October 09, 2015 10:57AM

I took the word "death" in this sense to be the figurative use of the word, not the literal use of the word. So I agree, BYU football won't die, I just think that the quality will be significantly degraded over time.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 09, 2015 12:29PM

It amuses me that a mormon member of the team can be kicked out of school for saying, "I fully live the Honor Code, but I don't believe Tommy Monson is a prophet of ghawd leading a true church of ghawd."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.