Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: October 12, 2015 06:53PM

I'm typing Zarahemla...
And the response comes our "Invalid Entry"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 12, 2015 06:55PM

How do the other two Nephites list their address? I've never seen them but you certainly are still communicating. Right?

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: October 14, 2015 06:21PM

Oliver Boardman Huntington (brother of Zina, Dimmick and William) wrote in his journal:

"Feb. 16, 1895: I am willing to state that the names of the 3 Nephites who do not sleep in the earth are Jeremiah, Zedekiah, and Kumenonhi .

Jedediah is the man that stayed at my father's house in the state of New York in 1835 or 1836, of which I have written in the Young Woman's Journal."

Now YOU know!

Oh, and this was the guy who wrote (also in the Young Woman's Journal) about the inhabitants on the moon.

Posted by: KiNeverMo ( )
Date: October 12, 2015 11:13PM

LOL

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 13, 2015 10:45AM

They're afraid people will put naughty words there, instead of in the occupation box, where they belong.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 13, 2015 10:56AM

Gee, it's almost like that city is imaginary or something. :)

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: October 13, 2015 10:59AM

It's not imaginary. I read about Zarahemla in the the BOM. :)

Posted by: fakemoroni ( )
Date: October 13, 2015 11:04AM

I put Moroni, Comoros for my hometown. I have had friend request from the Isle.

Date: October 13, 2015 01:13PM

I am shocked that you would make sport of my sacred temple name!

Shocked, I tell you!!!

Posted by: snowowl ( )
Date: October 13, 2015 12:47PM

Wow! Hi Quinlansolo. I have always wondered what the names of the Three Nephites were. At least we know yours. Is that your temple name or your temporal name? Can you tell us the names of the other two, or are they sacred?

I was wondering why you three didn't show up for General Conference in October to demand your places in the Quorum of the Twelve, after all, you are apostles and represent North America or is it South or Central America - well, you could straighten out that issue. It was an ideal time since there are three of you and there were three positions open. Wouldn't it have been nice to have three Native Americans on board to show that the church is truly ethnically diverse? However, I know your schedule is already full, what with finding lost car keys and fixing flat tires in the desert. I understand.

One last thing. I was also wondering why you and the others didn't go to Joseph Smith and restore the Aaronic priesthood instead of John the Baptist having to make the trip all the way from heaven? After all, you and the others have never died, so all of you still possess the priesthood, right? It seems that you were already in the area and you having the priesthood and all - that would have been logical. None of you have ever become an apostate, so you still held the priesthood keys and the church never actually disappeared from the earth because all of you and the apostle John have been making converts all of these years, unlike what Joseph Smith claimed. You could have simply set him straight on that issue and given him a copy of the gospel, which I presume you have carried with you all of these years. Who would have even needed the Book of Mormon.

Oh. And one more thing. Couldn't the three of you and also the apostle John have restored the Melchizedek priesthood to Joseph Smith instead of Peter and James who also had to come all the way from heaven?

I think all of you have been ignored and slighted despite your valiant service for all of these years. Could it be that there is some type of of racial bias involved since you three are Native Americans and the apostle John is Jewish? I guess all of that curse of the dark skin was just a bunch of old wive's tales and folklore. Just wonderin'.

Just had an idea. I think it would be a great idea if the three of you and the apostle John could set up a Meet N' Greet at the Salt Lake Temple. The presence of all of you would certainly stem the flow of apostates and church membership would skyrocket. You could also provide maps for all of the Book of Mormon locations with which you are so familiar. Archaeologists would have a field day. Wouldn't that be the best evidence that would prove the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith was a true prophet?

Well. I have to go now, but I hope you can all get together in Salt Lake. Send me an invitation when you decide on the place and date. I'm sure you have my e-mail address.

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: October 13, 2015 12:50PM

It won't let me put in Trafalmadore as where I'm from either.

And so it goes . . .

Date: October 14, 2015 07:12PM

Kurt rules!!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 14, 2015 07:14PM

Kilgore Trout is my role model.

Date: October 14, 2015 07:15PM

And so it goes...

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: October 13, 2015 01:41PM

And I hate to call the city I was born with it's modern name,
When I type Byzantium or Constantinople FB pleads ignorance.

Unlike Zarahemla those are valid historic names.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 14, 2015 07:12PM

I wanted to say I was from Bugtussle, Idaho, but Facebook changed it to Bugtussle, Kentucky. There really is a Bugtussle!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 14, 2015 07:16PM

try using the Zip Code(tm) instead!

easy-squeeze

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.