Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon90 ( )
Date: October 25, 2015 02:45PM

It's that time of month again, the last Sunday of the month, so of course my wife is getting home teachers today. Should I go upstairs and watch football, or hang out with my wife on the couch while the Home Teachers share this month's message?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 25, 2015 02:50PM

I say do both at the same time.
Put the football game on in the living room while the HTs are there.
Show 'em what they're missing by doing HT instead of enjoying a regular Sunday!

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: October 25, 2015 02:53PM

take her out and paint the town red.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 25, 2015 02:57PM

Definitely football. And beer, if you've got it.

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: October 25, 2015 03:07PM

Be sure to be kind and offer them a brew as well. Don't forget to ask difficult questions once in a while. Like why does nothing in archeology match the BoM. The Bible at least has some things that where actually there. Romans, Jews, geographical locations (Jerusalem, Rome, Corinth, etc..)

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: October 25, 2015 03:13PM

This time of the months is the time of the months that even sucks more than that time of the month.

The guys who are assigned to be my HT just showed up at our doorstep - on a sunday night at nearby 8 pm. Not that they should know that we have a baby that goes to bed around that time. Not that they know that I don't want them to show up uninvited. "We just were around so we thought we can stop by to say hello and see if theres anything we can do for you and your family" .... of course. No other effing cult member lives even close to my neighborhood. They both live 20 miles away of course they were here soooo accidentally Sounds legit and fair to me..... NOT!!!!

Sit with beer football and nachos in your livingroom they should learn that they are not welcome.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: October 25, 2015 04:04PM

"We just were around so we thought we can stop by to say hello and see if there's anything we can do for you and your family" .... "

Have you ever thought of asking them to paint your house, or at least clean the bathrooms?

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: October 26, 2015 10:42AM

I dared to ask them once to help me with some handy stuff, like painting the ceiling .... *crickets*

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 25, 2015 03:38PM

Oh by golly gosh durn, and here I thought you were going to be asking about her menstrual cycle.

I was wondering why on earth you needed help explaining a little thing like that.

Home teaching should be a piece of cake!

For this you go anonymous?! ;-)

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: October 26, 2015 09:52AM

I think the same answer applies: give her a nice backrub and some chocolate. Order dinner in.

Posted by: Benvolio ( )
Date: October 25, 2015 04:10PM

As I type this, DW and her home teachers are at the other end of the house, being ignored by me. My music is probably not terribly intrusive.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 25, 2015 04:17PM

Unless you're worried they're badmouthing you and trying to find evil stories to spread throughout the ward.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 25, 2015 04:24PM

Beer and football idea is a stroke of genius. To stay or not to stay that is the answer. Maybe sit there a few minutes and excuse you and the drink and game to a more fun area of the house.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: October 26, 2015 09:59AM

Show up at the end of the visit.

"Thanks for coming and sharing your message. I'd like to share with you as well."

Hand them a copy of the CES letter, or a printed out copy of one of the more troublesome essays.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: October 26, 2015 01:04PM

This and watching football get my vote.^

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 26, 2015 08:48PM

Flirt outrageously with them. And with your wife.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 26, 2015 09:36PM

It's your house.... why don't you just do what you want to do

without needing anyone's permission? You're a man, right? Act

like it.

Posted by: bekind ( )
Date: October 26, 2015 09:44PM

Why not listen to the message with your wife and show the home teachers your love and friendship...sometimes they offer a good message. If the message is disrespectful to you, then you can courteously excuse yourself from them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.