Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cwm31s ( )
Date: October 26, 2015 03:09PM

The EQ at my home ward are so tiny, up until 2 years ago, we had like 20 Elders in the Q and then attendance started falling like bricks, now on average only 6 elders are in Q while the HP's have almost 20 men. The Q's are combined as of late, I wonder why? Are they scared of the drop of attendance and of course they have the gall to pass around the roll when hardly anyone attends. I will say this, the attendance in the male Q's in this ward is getting quite low.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 26, 2015 04:12PM

What a nice boy you are to say such soothing things to an old man!

Posted by: Ex-cultmember ( )
Date: October 26, 2015 04:15PM

Where are you at and where did all those elders go? Inactive? Moved? Resigned? Entered HP Quorum?

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: October 26, 2015 05:34PM

Yeah, why it is shrinking is as important as the fact it is shrinking.

People could be moving out of your area for work somewhere else.

Posted by: cwm31s ( )
Date: October 27, 2015 04:05AM

Somewhere in the US obviously but not in the Morridor. I believe many have simply gone inactive or moved.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 26, 2015 05:01PM

My golf group goes once a year to Mesquite where we stay for four nights and play five days, two of them in St. George. Every year I make a point of teasing the cart boys in St. George about being RMs. One year a cart boy said he did a mission but quit the church after getting married. I told him I'd done the same, once I realized the church wasn't what it claimed to be. He just nodded.

I asked him if he were interested in joining an online community of postmormons and he said no, that he just stopped thinking and acting like a mormon and life was good.

We'll never know how many people have just walked away from it, never looking back...

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: October 26, 2015 05:17PM

^ Many, many, many of them.

I've been on a few days as I've worked to come to terms with a new situation with my TBM parents.

how much contact to allow them with my boys since we moved 1/2 hr away them over the summer for my job. We used to be 800 miles away. I haven't updated them yet.

Wish that I could have found this site back in 1999 when I got out of the mess originally.

Posted by: Mr. Inactive ( )
Date: October 26, 2015 08:17PM

EQ can be both "Elders Quorum" or "emotional quotient". There seems to be a deficiency of both in many "wards".

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: October 27, 2015 07:28PM

In my ward we average about 10-15 elders a week. Yet when the roll is passed I'm guessing that there is least 60 or more. I'm surprised that we haven't start meeting with the high priests yet....

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: October 27, 2015 07:35PM

Southern Idaho inactive: Why don't you make that 9-14. ; )

Posted by: moronie-balonie ( )
Date: October 27, 2015 09:14PM

I for one hope you keep going and reporting back here Southern Idaho IA. We need to have our undercover operatives...

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: October 27, 2015 11:56PM

As long as my 72 year old TBM Dad is alive, I'm stuck going. But when he passes, I'm going cold turkey on the morg and other religions!! At least that's what I plan to do...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.