Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 12:09AM

Original post:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1708795

To this I say GOOD! I'm glad they've made this decision. The more people TSSC alienates, ostracizes, marginalizes and makes to feel less-than, the more will see the writing on the wall and leave.

Other churches are opening their arms to the LGBT community...marrying gay couples and ordaining gay clergy. I hope every gay Mormon and every member of their family and their true friends see what a bigoted, backward cult the LDS church really is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 12:13AM

I know that I personally will never go back to the cult, so it doesn't matter to me if they will eventually accept me as the gay trans man that I am. I don't want the cult to change, & I want it to fade away into oblivion.

ETA — What is the cult going to do about members (teens & adults) already in the cult who are the offspring of LGBT parents? Are they going to make them answer new intrusive questions, asking them to deny their parents?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2015 12:17AM by Tristan.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 01:20AM

Tristan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ETA — What is the cult going to do about members
> (teens & adults) already in the cult who are the
> offspring of LGBT parents? Are they going to make
> them answer new intrusive questions, asking them
> to deny their parents?

I shudder to think, but probably.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 12:13AM

Yes, I put this on another thread just now but it bears repeating: I put this on FB just now.

Thought I'd never see the day.... Salt Lake City has elected an openly gay mayor! This is on the heels of the Mormon church announcing that the CHILDREN of gay/lesbian relationships can not be in the Mormon Cult. For sure, punish the children for no reason at all. That will get people to join the CULT huh? Dream on. Keep it up CULT and eventually there will be NO members!
This mayor will not have to worry about her kids not being allowed in the CULT since she is not in the CULT either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2015 12:13AM by verilyverily.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 12:22AM

DebbiePA Wrote:
> To this I say GOOD! I'm glad they've made this
> decision. The more people TSSC alienates,
> ostracizes, marginalizes and makes to feel
> less-than, the more will see the writing on the
> wall and leave.

Oh, yeah!!!

From one standpoint, this is total, unthinking (even if they THINK they thought!!!) craziness...

...but from another standpoint, this is a pellucid view into the consternation and panic going on at the top.

"Running around with their heads cut off" is what my Oklahoma relatives would have said (were they alive now)...

...and it fits perfectly into the known facts as they now exist.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 12:23AM

It's being talked about on SLTrib.com

But last I checked, NADA on deseretnews.com

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 01:31AM

Fantastic! They put their hatred on display in a full blown hatred parade! How many scriptures does that contradict? Unbelievable, yet so predictable.

Every family has either GLBT children, or cousins, or aunts, uncles... Let the shaming and feuds commence! Not only can their children not be blessed, they cannot be baptized at the "mature" age of 8. THEN, they must denounce their parents to prove that they want to get baptized/go on a mission, AND get a waiver from the first presidency!

Wouldn't you have loved to be a fly on the wall for those "inspired" leadership meetings? Hatred personified. Each of those overpaid "men of God" need to personally sign that new "revelation."

Those same men have no problem with in vitro... to create more tithe payers for heterosexual couples.

Alert the media to the hatred and perpetual divisiveness that is Mormonism. Membership records need to hire more staff for the new wave of resignations from the only true church upon the face of the earth.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 02:24AM

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3144035-156/new-mormon-policy-makes-apostates-of#disqus_thread

I can't add anything at this point. A few years ago at an Exmo get together, Brett Metcalf said he hoped for a "Galileo Moment" for the church.

I've kept quiet, but I was hoping for something more explosive, a "Hirohito Event" in fact...

Speaking strictly metaphorically, of course.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 12:25AM

When I was on my pre-1978 mission, if we tracted out a Black person, we didn't say anything about being mormon, we just made up a story and moved on to the next door.

I understand that at that same time in Brazil, if the missionaries got in a house while tracting, they try to get a look at a family album, to try to see if there was any Black ancestry. If there was, "Oh, look at the time! We've got to go!

So now will the missionaries have to check for same-gender wedding rings while out tracting?

Different-gender couples can bump uglies all they want, get married at City Hall and be baptized that same day...

Sometimes mormon Jesus doesn't come off as very bright.

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 01:44AM

elderolddog Wrote:
> When I was on my pre-1978 mission, if we tracted
> out a Black person, we didn't say anything about
> being mormon, we just made up a story and moved on
> to the next door.
>
> I understand that at that same time in Brazil, if
> the missionaries got in a house while tracting,
> they try to get a look at a family album, to try
> to see if there was any Black ancestry. If there
> was, "Oh, look at the time! We've got to go!
>
> So now will the missionaries have to check for
> same-gender wedding rings while out tracting?
>
> Different-gender couples can bump uglies all they
> want, get married at City Hall and be baptized
> that same day...
>
> Sometimes mormon Jesus doesn't come off as very
> bright.

***Elderolddog ,

I went on my mission from 76 to 78 & we had to do the SAME thing. If we knocked on a door & blacks answered ,we had to pretend we were doing a "survey". I never could understand why the restored gospel of Jesus Christ wasn't for EVERYONE. Utter bullshit to me. I wanted to share the restored gospel with everyone , but we were to scared to not obey the all mighty rules.

Posted by: Sister smarmy ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 12:26AM

The comments on Sl Trib and KSL grow exponentially by the minute, and there are a LOT of Tbms, rightfully so, having a hard time believing what their church has done (many question if it's a hoax) and then trying to rationalize it, which you just can't do.

The church has a full blown PR crisis on their hands, and it's just getting started folks. This is going to be very interesting.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 01:16AM

Odds are we'll nothing about this at church over this issue. Unless the first presidency does a letter on this....

Posted by: offradar ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 12:52AM

Dehlin, Benson and others with contacts in the media should be calling national news outlets and breaking this story to them, highlighting the horrendous problems and consequences this will cause many Mormon families.
Let the world know exactly how evil and utterly vindictive these monsters in SL really are.

Date: November 06, 2015 01:23AM

+1

Posted by: oneinbillions ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 12:54AM

I'm so sickened by the church these days. I never really liked it but still I'm ashamed at having ever been a member, and at still *technically* being a member... I really think resignation is the right thing to do at this point, I don't want to be anywhere near this disgraceful organization.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 12:54AM

How interesting it is to find a statement from TSCC which causes such a conflict of reactions.

As in: This is too good to be true. They can't possibly have come out with such a self-destructive decision? Have they no sense of how the world perceives them?

Versus: This is to bad to be true. They can't possibly have come out with such a self-destructive decision? Have they no sense of how the world perceives them?

They are apparently on a drive to alienate all of the members who are even a little bit liberal about things like love and compassion and kindness, not to mention rational thought. I can only guess that they seriously want to reduce membership to include only the most hard-core faithful, who will follow their commands without thought or question. The kind who will cheerfully any kind of foul act if the prophet orders it.

Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 12:56AM

Posted by: Dafuq ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 01:04AM

And the tax-exemptions continue

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 01:05AM

So a GA's son or daughter enters a same-gender union, has a biological child which per the new regs can't be baptized, and grandpa has to shun the kid? I wonder if sister GA is going to go along with the program?

What am I thinking! Of course she will!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 01:17AM

What about the child of parents, who are now divorced due to one having been a closeted gay, and now that gay parent is in a gay relationship, yet shares custody with their former spouse?

Are they barred?

Date: November 06, 2015 01:26AM

This is where it's going to get messy, especially if the straight spouse is a TBM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2015 01:26AM by brandywine.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 01:25AM

They just broke the Olympic indoor record for dumbf**kery. This is not going to end well.

Date: November 06, 2015 01:59AM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
> They just broke the Olympic indoor record for
> dumbf**kery. This is not going to end well.

***AMMMMMENN!!! EXACTLY !****

Date: November 06, 2015 02:21AM

This is a fuck - up that the church might not be able to bounce back.

SLtrib has more than 1,500 comments & I know even more coming.

This is something that the leaders of the church are NOT going to be able to get away with, with a "whooooops ".

This is a major fuck up on purpose.

Posted by: azanon123 ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 01:28AM

I'd like to know what happens to the kids who live with parents who are fat from gluttony and have affairs.

Are they also excluded from blessing?

Posted by: blind mule ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 01:38AM

Cool, do you think they purged the church records of the gay children or do you think ht and missionaries will show up on doorsteps at age 18?

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 01:46AM

I always knew the Mormon Jesus hated gays with a passion. Hurt gays anyway possible. What hurts a parent more than to see their child shunned for something the parent did. That Mormon Jesus is one smart garment wearing dude.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 01:53AM

WHAT???????

This is ANOTHER all time LOW for tscc.

So now we discriminate against CHILDREN????????

GIVE ME STRENGTH!!!!!!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 01:58AM

It's rather strange that this type of revelation comes AFTER the deaths of Packer and Perry. This seems to be along their irrational and warped thinking. You would have thought that the morg would have gone in the other direction since the most homophobic hatred heathens have since departed.

Since the morg (which I call the Bank) loves money more than people and Jesus; why aren't they doing more to keep folks happy?

According their own definition of apostate; should the morg's HQ leave SLC since the city is being led by a lesbian?

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 02:21AM

Almost 16 months ago, I posed a question to the board regarding how much tighter the church could clamp down on its members. Today, the church answered that question in a way I could never have anticipated.

By punishing children for the actions of their parents, the GAs show themselves to be mean, hateful, petty, and vindictive – just like the puny god they worship.

The Mormon church sucks donkey balls.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2015 02:44AM by Book of Mordor.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 02:27AM

Boyd K. Packer is still dead, but the evil he stood for is being perpetuated nevertheless.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 02:36AM

Just in time for tithing settlement too! Maybe their tithing donations will drop with this hateful news!

Posted by: Plaid n Paisley ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 02:43AM

I thought this was just some sort of hoax when I first heard of it today. This is beyond crazy and short-sighted. There is no need for anyone to actively try to expose the craziness and fallacies of the mormon church - they are doing a stellar job all by themselves, and in record time, too.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.