Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 07:05PM

I haven't posted here for about four years, but I used to post pretty regularly. This place was helpful for me when I was trying to wrap my head around losing everything that I had ever known.

I stopped going to church about six years ago, but never resigned. I thought that it was an unnecessary step that I didn't feel like making the effort for. As long as I knew that I wasn't a Mormon, it didn't matter what they thought... was my mindset. I moved far enough away that they never found me, and I've had zero contact with any ward type person for four years.

But their cruel policy about children of Gay couples announcement makes me want to officially resign to help make a statement. I want mine to be one of the many resignations that happens soon after their announcement. I want mine to help penalize them for their hate.

I saw a fb post that sounds like there is a Lawyer somewhere that will resign you for free. You sign some papers, and he does it all for you. As I am lazy, and don't want to deal with SLC, that sounds good to me. Does anyone have contact information for that person?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: saucie: My BF bought me anewPC ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 07:12PM

Just tell them that your child is gay or Lesbian and you want to be excommunicated becuase you are chosing your child over
the fucking church. Let them ex me. I'll celebrate when it
happens for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2015 07:18PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 07:15PM

You don't need a lawyer. You can do it with an e-mail. And if anybody contacts you (sometimes they do, sometimes they don't), just tell them to sod off, and process your resignation.

Details are on the front page of www.exmormon.org

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 07:18PM

Put a date at the top and a name and address at the bottom. It's easier to do it yourself without engaging a lawyer.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 07:19PM

It's easy to resign. You can do it by email now. Complete directions for how to do so can be found here:

http://www.exmormon.org/remove.htm

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 07:44PM

Thanks, I'll look at the link. Last I knew years back it was a letter, meeting with a Bishop etc.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 07:50PM

Even if the bishop requests to meet with you, it is in no way necessary. The Member Records department in SLC will provide oversight of the process. If the bishop acts stupid about it, the MR department will get the job done on his behalf. That's why you want to do it through SLC.

In a few weeks, you should receive your final "out" letter. But your resignation is effective the minute they receive it.

Posted by: tiredofreligion ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 10:53AM

I looked at the link. Does anyone know how I could find my membership number and baptism date?

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 11:28AM

You don't need your membership number. All they need is your full name and place/date of birth. They can look it up from there.

Posted by: scotchipman ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 11:27AM

Email your full name and date of birth to attorney Mark Naugle nauglelaw@gmail.com and he and his wife will remove your name for free. You can find his profile on Linkedin.

As pointed out by others it is not that hard anymore to do it by yourself. I sent a email off with my request then just told the Bishop/Stake President to process it when it came to them. Not too hard.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.