Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: November 06, 2015 11:52PM

Here it is.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEEMyc6aZms

It's one of the most infuriating things they could of come out of their filthy lying mouths. Oh well, as someone else put it... They are what they are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 12:09AM

first and foremost he's a lying sack of shit.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 12:10AM

CHICKEN SHIT.

What a fake fake COWARDLY interview

Posted by: seeking peace ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 12:11AM

This is an even more disgusting display than the initial press release. The arrogance, the bullshit, the condemnation. It causes me to instantly want to throw up. People who still believe this bullshit are seriously messed up!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 12:27AM

Looks like Jesus got a promotion from copilot to CEO. Three cheers for the Lord!

Date: November 07, 2015 12:30AM

It goes against their own website http://mormonsandgays.org/

"Belonging to a community of family, friends and believers allows us to help and be helped. We recognize in each other our common needs for intimacy and companionship and can discuss them without shame or rejection. Our individual blind spots can be filled in by our collective wisdom. Here we find our truest selves."

So how can a child of a same sex couple "belong" to their community? Wait until they're 18 and then disavow the love and comfort and sustenance received from their parents and parenting???

Capital lying pieces of *&$+. "Let's bully the kids since the parents don't seem to fear us anymore!"

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 12:51AM

It took over 24 hours for Mormon Newsroom (((official news source of LDS, Inc)) to post this "interview"

They are doing their best to control the message, and how it's presented to the LDS faithful.

This is all about trying to contain the fall out with it's membership. They don't care about how it's received elsewhere

Check out twitter.com/mormonnewsroom

mormonnewsroom.org

This was not planned by them. They are trying to minimize the damage done by the revelation of it's policy in it's handbook

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2015 12:54AM by angela.

Posted by: crookedletter ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 01:00AM

So tired of the nonexistent parallels that TSCC tries to make between polygamy and same sex marriage. Christofferson and company seem to have forgotten that their corporation had a role in the polygamist groups' existence at all.

On another note, what about children of an excommunicated parent? These kids have to endure weekly lessons about eternal families at church. They can feel hurt, isolated, torn over their family's fate. But are they excused (dismissed) from primary and young men/women? Surely, the church in its "kindness" would want to protect these innocent children from the confusion and conflict that must surely be in their homelife, by excluding them from the church's "blessings?"

Posted by: Elder Strangelove ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 01:11AM

Ho, hum. Watching this stirs up a sort of nauseating boredom.

At least he reassures us that as a husband, father, and grandfather, he has "tender feelings." See, this decision couldn't have been born of phobias or hate. It's born of "compassion."

So, if we take him at his word, and they want to avoid the conflict that might arise where the "parents feel one way, and the expectations of the church are very different," then why not remove that conflict? Change the expectations of the church.

No, the church kept that path for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
Those with doubts will never come back.

Too bad I couldn't finish this engaging video. My little boy, well past his bed time, interrupted D. Todd with a request for some Pearl Jam.

Yes, I had to choose me this day. As for me and my house, we will rock'n'roll.

Posted by: Eliza Snow job ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 01:20AM

Haven't been on this board for over a year. Thought my heart was softening and that maybe the church wasn't so bad........ Nope. The church is awful. Truly heartless. I can't believe how many members are busy on Facebook today explaining to the rest of the world that this is an act of love and compassion. If it is, why do they all feel the need to get on Facebook and further explain it? They think they can explain it better than the church can?

Posted by: seeking peace ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 08:45AM

Can you imagine how this bastard could have spun the Mountain Meadows Massacre the day after with his Masterpiece Theater interviewer. He would have told us how the residents of Cedar City put bullets to their parents heads and did it for the children!!

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 09:00AM

"I can't believe how many members are busy on Facebook today explaining to the rest of the world that this is an act of love and compassion."

the ironic thing, especially to a nonmormon,,is love and compassion explains itself. If you HAVE to EXPLAIN it...then it ain't love and compassion

Date: November 07, 2015 01:22AM

Aah, but did you get the message that 8 year olds can't really choose for themselves to get baptized and make the serious choice?

Posted by: crookedletter ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 01:27AM

All too clear! Maybe another policy change can fix that!? Lol

Posted by: Ladedah ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 05:23AM

So freaking slow paced and boring! How can anyone stand to watch these guys? Their faces are like wax masks with very little movement and they are so monotone. How anyone considers these guys dynamic leaders is beyond me. And the interviewer? Was that just another dude from their grandpa golf friends? He was no journalist.

Posted by: TomR ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 09:20AM

Yeah, my TBM family was sharing that on FB. They argued that "it protects the children from a difficult situation". I said, so how come they still allow other children join whose parents don't follow church doctrine? Like criminals, adulterers, and alcoholics? If that was the case my TBM adulterous father should have ruled us all out. But he gave the church so much money, they would never believe what my Mom said. He's still in the church on his second mission with his new TBM wife, and yet his e-mail address is out for the world to see on the Ashley Madison hack, haha!

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 09:26AM

Pretending to represent Jesus while spewing hatred at the same time, in the same sentences. How does this not freak out Mormons? Their brains are wired/programmed differently?

Is there another church with this policy/"punishment"???

How ironic that Mormonism tries to dictate the composition of non-counterfeit families? (with so many of them being the product of polygamy in the recent past). The bogus interviewer should have asked, "How many mommies did Brigham Young's children have?" Or, "Which year did Mormons "disavow" polygamy in order to become a state?"

The fact that they set it up to look like a real interview, showing the lights... is hilarious. SNL poser actor, "ACTING!" And... scene. Dim the lights, on the dim wit.

Posted by: antilehinephi ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 09:50AM

If the church had used the same policy/doctrine/revelation back in Brigham Young's day, then none of his children would have been baptized.
I agree with es-sis. The whole interview setting is pretty telling. I thought it was taking place in Buckingham palace. The grand entrance was interesting. (just to let you all know that we have MONEY). Why not be interviewed by someone outside the church so hard questions can be asked.

Posted by: Darksparks ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 10:05AM

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: November 07, 2015 10:07AM

I could only stand about 20 seconds of it. Family, the savior, etc. Where's the barf bag?

-Dennis

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.