Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 04:06PM

That is the line they are using, hoping you will not look past that lame excuse for emotional abuse against children. If I read elder christofferson right, it is about protecting the corp from lawsuits arising from possible custodial interference if they were to baptize an under age child. It is also about protecting their temple rituals from the gays.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 04:08PM

Paternalistic bigotry is justifying your hateful actions as somehow benevolent towards your victims.

Posted by: Ishii ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 04:11PM

+1

As with all of the actions of the church, it is to protect the organization. As an example, it used to specifically state in the handbook of instructions that excommunication was used to protect the name of the church.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 04:30PM

This is what I posted in the other thread on the same topic. Protecting the church (even when there is not really anything to protect them from, except their own stupidity) is the main theme.

I think that there is a lot of truth the in the idea we've been seeing here, that one major motive is to keep GLBT folks and their sympathizers away from "regular" church members. They have finally realized that if straight Mormons see happy, decent, productive people who are GLBT, they might discover that those people are not really Stan's spawn. That they are just like everybody else, and who they love or marry or make love to is not really a big deal.

That would be shattering to a group which totally believes, for some sad reason, that they must have enemies to fight against. They must have devils to condemn. They must have great, righteous wars to wage. All because if they didn't distract the membership with all of that highly emotionally-charged nonsense, the members might have time and energy to start looking a little more critically at the COJCOLDS, itself.

As long as the masses are distracted, they are less likely to look at the glaring problems in every aspect of the faith.

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 04:21PM

YOU DON"T HURT CHILDREN!!

Physically, emotionally or spiritual.

Regardless of what tscc says. It hurts children.

You just don't do that!

It's intentional hurt put upon a child.

It's evil. Pure evil!

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 04:25PM

pathfinder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's evil. Pure evil!

It is. I just keep picturing little 8-year-old children in Primary, all discussing their upcoming baptisms and trying to explain to one little child why they'll be excluded.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 04:32PM

Aren't the children just pawns/ collateral in this!???

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 04:41PM

I picture a 9, 12, 14 year old child growing up scared to death about everything. Knowing she / he does not have the cloak of gods grace ( baptism ) upon them. In constant fear of everything thy do, say or think. Fearing that if they die before 18 they will go straight to hell.

A kid growing up in tscc under same-sex marriage parents with the endless brain-washing from primary will think like this.

I do hope with all my heart, that same sex couples... especially with kids, will grab them up and haul ass outa tscc.
It will be the only way to save their child from emotional hell..

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.