Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 06:20PM

Unbelievable - I did not know my brother and his wife were homophobic bigots until this weekend. First they insulted and called me names for posting the secret details of the new Mormon Policy that children of gays are apostates and then they unfriended me from Facebook. My crime - posting the truth.

About 2 months ago - they told my wife they had a family meeting on her side and discussed how the church and gays are at war and how they need to defend the church. The father of SIL is a big shlt at LDS Corp.

So glad they have shown their true bigot beliefs.

Can I please have an Amen?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 06:25PM

You can have a million amens from me.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 06:26PM

family....it's about time.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 06:27PM

It's good to know where everyone stands.

Never forget, the best revenge is to live a good life. That will show them.

Posted by: tawanda2011 ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 06:28PM

Huge Amen to you! So sick of people being hurt by a so called religion.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 06:34PM

I'm so sorry.

I really had to bite my tongue (and typing fingers) not to respond to a Mormon friend who posted Apostle Christofferson's apologetic rant.

The weird thing is, she's not one to post overly on religious themes, and when she does, it's usually a generic Jesus meme. But this weekend there has been an explosion. She is grateful for the temple. She is grateful for religious freedom. She is grateful for Apostle Christofferson's guidance on the recent unpleasantness. Her Mormon friends are making happy chirpy noises back at her.

Me thinks she doth protest too much. And it leads me to conclude that not all is well in Zion.

Posted by: Logan Temple Jr. ( )
Date: November 09, 2015 02:51AM

And I'm grateful to be GONE!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 06:35PM

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 06:36PM

I'm sorry to say I am in exact same situation, just reversed.

I'm done with the Mormons. They all (save 2), ALL have been ex'ed as of this weekend. I can't be bothered. I had been playing nice, but my gloves are off. I will never again refer it their "prophet" without the word "fucking" in front of it.

It is indeed war.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 06:36PM

"My crime - posting the truth."

In mormonism, the truth = "anti-mormon".

Honesty = persecution.

A bunch of pussies!

Posted by: YBU? ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 11:57PM

Yah, right after I saw the first "explanation" about how this policy was really meant to be "kind" to the children of gays because then they wouldn't feel the need to attend mormon church...(geez, the morgbot machine is indeed beyond delusional) I posted that meme of Jesus with children on his lap that had the title: Suffer the children to come unto me...except those demons with gay parents." and my niece just un-friended me just as quick as ever. Wow, there is a fine example of a family being divided by tscc!!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 07:07PM

Sweet... they took the garbage out themselves.... you didn't

have to do it.

I love it when that happens.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 09:02PM

Amen.

Defend the bigots, dump the blood-relative brother.
Yep, they're mormons :(

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 09:47PM

It's easy to discard friends who malign you, but family is family. It's such a shame he chose his own opinions over his sibling.

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 09:51PM

Amen ! AMEN !

My heart aches for you. I'm so sorry for all you're going thru .

:'(

Posted by: celeste ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 09:53PM

When someone shows you who they really are, believe them.

Posted by: Joe W ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 10:53PM

I rarely post on my Facebook Timeline, but did Friday. I got thumbs up from most people and some good comments, except for one TBM I've known for decades, who posted a very negative comment and a link to a lunatic apologist. She then defriended me.

The big irony; a few months ago, she bragged on her timeline how she was marching in a Gay pride parade. I suppose this lets her "true colors" shine through.

Posted by: behindcurtain ( )
Date: November 09, 2015 12:19AM

I don't post anything on Facebook anymore. I go there just to spy on other people. It will be interesting to see what the Mormons are saying. But I need the patience to read it without coming unglued. I am very unlikely to respond to anything I don't like.

Defriending is a horrible thing about Facebook. You should be allowed to state your true feelings without fear of being dropped. That is why I don't post anymore. When I was posting my true feelings I was always on edge because people would defriend me, and I rarely found any good conversations. I have defriended people myself, but not before getting defriended by a bunch of other people. I told some of the people I defriended that it wasn't personal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2015 12:20AM by behindcurtain.

Posted by: veghead ( )
Date: November 09, 2015 12:26AM

It hurts. I left the church 3 years ago due to ethical issues and was immediately ignored by some siblings and then told by a relative that they are not shunning me, but are just deeply saddened that I won't be joining them in heaven. That's deeply offensive. I'm tired of the faith playing the persecuted card, while they continue to tear families apart.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 09, 2015 03:55AM

veghead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It hurts. I left the church 3 years ago due to
> ethical issues and was immediately ignored by some
> siblings and then told by a relative that they are
> not shunning me, but are just deeply saddened that
> I won't be joining them in heaven. That's deeply
> offensive. I'm tired of the faith playing the
> persecuted card, while they continue to tear
> families apart.

That is such a crock for your family to harbor those ideas. To say they aren't shunning you is a bold faced lie, or they're in total disconnect from reality.

So sorry you have to go through this. They also don't even understand their own religion, or they could not believe what they're saying.

I've had to distance myself from my Mormon relatives, and some are like your family. Others are more accepting of their ex-Mormon cousins and kindred than yours is. I have one TBM brother I've had to disown because of his hatred and destructive behaviors. He has yet to take responsibility for his own actions.

((((hugs))))

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: November 09, 2015 01:08AM

In addition to harming minors with "counterfeit" parents, the church continues to rip families apart. They must be so proud of themselves, and will blame the gay community for persecuting their poor, righteous members who are choosing the right...

I'm very sorry you have been forced into an untenable situation. There will be some very tense Thanksgiving dinners this year, maybe a few food fights... Exmos are not allowed to speak the truth, rock the boat, or upset the delicate, fragile testimonies of those who need to remind each other once a month that they worship hateful old men in SLC.

Date: November 09, 2015 03:59AM

I have a TBM cousin on Facebook that though we get along, and she is typically an open minded person, since this "revelation" out of SLC (she lives in Orem,) she is right on board.

She even goes so far as to say she understands where they're coming from and "it makes sense."

Go figure. She's the mother of eight, two of those were twin boys. One of those twins committed suicide in 2007, following his mission.

They just aren't able to make the connection between the destructive cult, and the influence it has had on her own family.

Date: November 09, 2015 04:13AM

Ask them how it makes sense. They need to articulate how that hatred and exclusion makes sense (not simply parrot back quotes, or copy reasons from other people). They need to hear themselves say it, or write it-then it might occur to them that they are being hateful, full of hate.

Was her son gay? Better dead than a sexual sinner, the sin closest to murder. They are unbelievable. It is astonishing how mind controlled they really are.

Date: November 09, 2015 04:28AM

I've wondered if he might have been gay. On that side of my family, not only has she lost a child to suicide. Another of those cousins lost a son to suicide about the same time both about the same age. And another of the same group of cousins lost a daughter to suicide in 2014 who was gay, at the age of 15. Two in the Idaho Morridor, and the other in Utah.

All Mormon. The girl was bullied at her Mormon high school in Idaho, when she turned down requests to date some of the boys. They turned on her like a pack of rabid dogs.

Her mom is out of the church. When this news broke she was all over it, repudiating it.

The other two cousins who lost sons to suicide are still as enmeshed in it as they always were. I could ask her, to clarify how it makes sense. I just feel she'd give me some syrupy answer that would be making excuses for the jerks sitting in their ivory tower in SLC.

Date: November 09, 2015 04:35AM

So sad, such extreme loss...

The world needed your family members. I'm afraid more LDS youth will give up after hearing this news. Heartbreaking.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.