Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Abigail ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 04:35PM

What the LDS church should have said. "We welcome all to come to church, we welcome sinners to come to church for we are all sinners, we welcome all children to come to church, including children of sinners. We welcome same sex couples to come to church. We will not seal them in the temple for time and all eternity because that is a privilege only one man and one woman can have. But since it is the law of the land, we will welcome married same sex couples into our church family. We will even marry them in our churches by our own clergy. Their children are to be included in all the rites of passage that any other LDS children are. They can be blessed, baptized, receive the priesthood, do baptisms for the dead, and serve missions. They can love their parents and never disavow them. We will not judge. We will let our Father in Heaven do that in good time. In the meantime, it is our job just to love one another."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Abigail ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 05:29PM

Just wanted to add that I don't think God is going to judge the LGBQT community. I was trying to say the words that the LDS church could have said and still stay true to their beliefs.

Myself, I'm agnostic and don't believe there is a father in heaven who will be judging anyone.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 05:39PM

I usually avoid topics that are overtly political or religious, but I can't call mormons who keep their mouth shut and go along with this cowards if I'm not willing to stand up and be heard. So I posted the following:

I'm sorry to say this, but I need to. I'm very disappointed in the "policy" change adopted by the LDS church, wherein innocent children will not be able to participate in rites due to having parents who are in a SSM. It goes against Jesus own admonition to "suffer the children to come unto me and forbid them not." It also goes against the article of faith that all will be punished for their own sins and not another's. I don't buy the premise that separate but equal is for the children's protection. We learned a long time ago that separate but equal is neither. The church might as well remove the welcome sign from the chapels. If children of SSM parents are less than children of murderers, rapists, and other apostates, they are certainly not being "protected."

Posted by: acerbic ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 05:44PM

Excluding the children of same sex spouses IS protecting them. Its protecting them from being caught in a life sucking soul destroying cult.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 07:03PM

Allowing the church to Bully people into feeling good "long term" isn't much of an argument.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 07:17PM

The two women are marvelous, creative, hard-working Mormon wives and mothers, and I consider them good friends. I am very fond of them both. The third is my stepson, who is now wavering since some of the essays came out.

Whenever anybody posts a gushy, pro-Mo video or something, I just don't respond. When they post pictures of their families, I usually post genuinely affectionate replies.

I'm fond of them as PEOPLE. I just don't go along with their religion.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.