Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 08:16PM

Whether you served on the front lines during wartime, or at a desk during peacetime, I appreciate your efforts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 08:27PM

Indeed! Thank you!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 08:29PM

Frankfurt, Germany, cold war. You're welcome.

Posted by: veghead ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 08:35PM

Thank you for your service and your sacrifices.

Posted by: gannosu ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 08:42PM

And I want to thank the USofA tax payers for drafting me and sending me to Kyushu in Japan for a nice 18 month trip. Brought the wife over and had a great time.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 08:44PM

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 09:18PM

Thank You for protecting and preserving our freedom!!

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 09:37PM

US Navy, 1979-84. You're welcome.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 09:42PM

Cold War Warrior here...

Peace through Strength. That was our motto.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 09:44PM

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 12:35AM

Navy vet here. Went in 1960, left in 66. NFO backseat F-4. Seen a lot and experienced a lot I never would have otherwise. Thanks to all that served.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 02:43PM

Did you know Commander Rollins? He was POW for a few years. Flameout on a "Dragon's Jaw" mission. Low alt ejection. He ended up being a crazy mission president in Guam. (1987) Several of his elders moved into my area (Philippines mission) and had lots of weird stories about the guy.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 02:46PM

I served in the USAF from 1991 to 2011. It was a wild career and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The Pray men have served a lot. My father and his 2 brothers were in the army. My younger brother is still in the Army finishing out his career.

I'm proud of my family and their military tradition. The pride that I feel and the love for our country is all the thanks I need.

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 01:35AM

Army - Vietnam . Thank you for your post, and
YOUR WELCOME !!!!

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 04:59AM

Thank you to all Veterans!

From the proud daughter, niece, and wife of U.S. Veterans

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 06:10AM

Thank you to our vets and currently serving military men and women!

Posted by: Hikergrl ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 08:07AM

Thank you, vets, for your service.

Thank you, families of vets, for your sacrifices.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 09:25AM

U.S. Navy, 1979-84. Thank you and you're welcome.

Posted by: USN77 ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 09:37AM

I hate being told happy birthday, but it's an honor to be recognized as a veteran. US Navy 1999-2003.

Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 10:16AM

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 10:34AM

Thank you CrispingPin. Happy Veterans Day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bwtdGRbuOs

Posted by: MexMom ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 10:55AM

Thank you all veterans for your service to our country. We salute you and we are very proud of you and we are grateful for your many, many sacrifices.

Proud daughter, daughter in law, niece, sister in law, and friend to U. S. veterans.

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 11:46AM

Thank you to all our veterans. I'm reminded constantly that much of what I enjoy as an American was purchased at a great price by people who don't even know me. I appreciate your service.

Posted by: Exmo Aspie ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 12:20PM

United States Coast Guard Auxiliary
July 5, 2015 - present

Here's to you my brothers and sisters in arms

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 01:33PM

HM3 USN '88-'94

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 02:20PM

My husband: WWII, 158th Liaison Sqdn., Sargent, Arial Photography, which meant he flew in a single-engine paper plane, with a pilot, with himself in the rear section, and his head down and taking pictures of strategic areas (railroad tracts, bridges, etc.), all of which made him very plane-sick, swooping up and down between hills.

Fortunately, as he says, he never had to kill anyone, nor was he killed.

Also, because he loved photography so much, he took pictures for himself everywhere he went (England, France, Germany, and elsewhere).
He just missed, by one man ahead of him, having to take the official pictures of the death camp survivors as they were liberated (for which he was always very grateful). (A New York newspaper man, a solider, took them, instead, a sight which he never got out of his head.)

Some 35 yrs. later, after my husband had been home a couple of decades, his film was printed, and we now have a large notebook filled with the pictures he took, with notes beside them as to what areas and equipment (and much rubble) they show.

He also has a part of a burned swastika flag he took off a burned tank, and (on a trade of cigarettes), obtained the same kind of hand pistol with which Hitler killed himself.

Posted by: scrooge ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 02:26PM

a good reason to stay away from facebook today

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 02:35PM

I joined to get out of the ghetto and for the GI Bill. The 1st Iraq war came, and I didn't know what the hell I was doing or why I was doing it. I watched the first nighttime raid on CNN. I just stared.

Now I work at the VBA processing benefits claims for Army soldiers who are being Med boarded out. I've learned that "Thank you for your service," is not always a welcomed sentence.

A lot of us are ambivalent about what we did or why we did it. I sure as shit had no idea what I was getting into. I was a dumb kid with an idea of what I was joining, but I had no practical knowledge, because I'd never been in the military before.

Just because you served doesn't mean you lack empathy or are a war monger. Life is more complex than that.

That said, being in the military from 21-27 years of age was also a HUGE part of my young adult life.

I'm a veteran.

Posted by: scrooge ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 02:39PM

I harbor no bad feelings towards individuals who served, I just wish that today would cause more of us to reflect on the consequences of militaristic emperialism, particularly in light of the horrific things happening in the middle east.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 02:41PM

I also joined to leave a difficult environment. Out of the frying pan, and all that.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 02:43PM

A thank you to all of my family who served: husband, drafted in peace time. Son, volunteered, retired rather recently.And all of those still serving and those that preceded them.

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 03:22PM

Thanks to all who served and special thanks to our wounded warriors, and shame on our country for the miserable lack of services for those coming home who will need help for the rest of their lives. They deserve better than they are currently getting.

To all Marines out there, happy birthday of the Marines yesterday. Semper Fi.

Posted by: Aussieblokesarebest ( )
Date: November 12, 2015 06:59AM

Why just US veterans?

Armistce Day is for all of the fallen regardless of nationality.

It is a pivotal day for ALL veterans and serving troops - nationality is irrelevant.

There are those on ths board who are combat veterans who served for nations other than the United States. This is an international forum.

Posted by: justthefacts ( )
Date: November 12, 2015 12:59PM

USN Vet. USS Florida, SSBN-728.
Proud to have served. Thank you.
I too appreciate those who have served, who now serve and especially for those who gave their all in our defense.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: November 12, 2015 04:28PM

Thanks to all who served especially during WW2, As a child in London at the time I remember well the GIs who would share their gum and other candy with kids who didn;t know what it was. The day in Britain is marked by remembering those who have died in wars...more than 800,000 in WW1 alone. For an inspiring look at how this is done, the 2015 Festival of Remembrance is up on YT for those interested.

Posted by: lostmypassword ( )
Date: November 12, 2015 06:26PM

8 years mostly riding a submarine keeping the Viet Cong out of the North Atlantic.

Posted by: John Mc ( )
Date: November 14, 2015 12:59AM

US Vets are heroes. US Vets are brave to take on the terrorists and defend our freedom.

Thank You US Vets. You did not fight alone.

UK Vet

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: November 14, 2015 01:25AM

Thank you to my brother for his service in Vietnam. He is now battling cancer from Agent Orange exposure.

Thank you, all veterans! It cost so much for many of you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.