Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dot ( )
Date: November 10, 2015 09:36PM

http://alannalivingoutloud.com/?p=116

"Fiddler On The Roof" And Lessons For Our Time

It seems that the LDS leadership has proven again that they choose tradition / orthodoxy over love.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: baneberry ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 06:03AM

Learning to love my children as they chose to leave the church and seeing that they were/are good people had a lot to do with my leaving the church. Interacting with good people outside of the church was an important part of this as well when we were involved in a home school group with good people of many different persuasions.

It was a painful process, however. One that took several years to endure. My wife reminds me of it when I worry about my TBM kids not dealing well with our choice to leave the church. It is a process they need to go through too in order to see good people in different context.

Posted by: dots ( )
Date: November 12, 2015 08:44PM

How much of that fear stems from missionaries being thrust into all sorts of situations where they see some really nasty stuff, but don get to know very many of the "good" people who are out there because the good ones aren't terribly interested in the church? It's a self-selecting sample, and it skews their frame of reference of the world.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.