Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: runner ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 07:26PM

My first reaction to the new policy for children of gay and lesbian couples, was disbelief. Now I have read a few stories pertaining to the new policy that my first reaction again is, this can't be true! One of which is a BYU Idaho student being asked to not come back to school if he doesn't quit living with his gay parent.

I wonder if some of these stories are exaggerated or are these really happening? I agree that the policy is horrible, homophobic and full of hate, but still part of me wants to believe the actual members wont be so cruel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2015 07:28PM by runner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 08:57PM

You read up on the electo-shock stories coming out of "Happy Valley."

There's no way people were making those up, despite apologist claims to the contrary.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 08:59PM

The church lies and takes your money and now they want to

make your children denounce you if you are in a same sex

relationship.

What else do you need to know Runner? Do you believe that

every one is over reacting or is this just something that

you don't actually WANT to believe?

Date: November 11, 2015 09:18PM

I do believe all of this is real, I probably came across like I was trying to say it isn't really happening. Maybe what I'm trying to say is it still surprises me.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 09:06PM

"part of me wants to believe the actual members wont be so cruel."

Not just part, but all of me wants to believe that something as cruel as pedophilia could NOT start a "religion."
All of me wants to believe that the CULT is less than EVIL, but reality is reality and the personage the CULT calls Lucifer rules their world!

Not every member is cruel and evil, but being in the CULT long enough does damage to one's sense of right and wrong.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 09:21PM

^^^^^^^^^^

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 09:21PM

Some will be able to be verified and others won't, but I'm sure it is happening.

Posted by: evergreennotloggedin ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 09:29PM

It's hard to believe any church would be so cruel.

Date: November 11, 2015 10:08PM

Having most of my family still very Mormon including one child and his wife, I really don't want to believe this is happening. DH isn't surprised at all, but I was actually shocked.
Then reading all the reasoning from my mormon family, friends and neighbors, it is like being in the twilight zone.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 10:14PM

The true evil of Mormonism is that it makes ordinarily good people do bad things.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 12, 2015 10:32AM

This!!

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 10:18PM

The answer to your question in your subject line is that no, these aren't rumors, nor are they exaggerations. The church confirmed the policy when they had no less than an apostle defend the policy in a video that was posted this weekend. It's true and it's official policy. If a child has a gay parent, no church ordinances for them, until they are 18 and they disavow that parent's actions.

Unfortunately there are plenty of members that would be so cruel. They would justify their cruelty in the same way they do for excommunications. It's all out of "love", to teach them the "right" way to do things.

I've heard all kinds of disgusting justifications for this policy and they all boil down to we don't want anyone accepting of gays in our church.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: November 11, 2015 11:49PM

"part of me wants to believe the actual members wont be so cruel."

Remaining a member of this obscene hate group is cruelty in and of itself. Let us remember that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. The members who continue to defend and support this cult are morally bankrupt, regardless of how loving they may think themselves to be. The existence of the cojcolds is truly a low point in the history of humanity.

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: November 12, 2015 12:03AM

i hope they are. to me this is great news.

i hope the mormon church comes full force with all anti-gay statements. bring all that for the world to see.

all this is will destroy the cult faster than we all anticipated

Posted by: Rodney ( )
Date: November 12, 2015 11:49AM

It's not a cult.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 12, 2015 11:54AM

When you're not in a cult you never feel the need to post, "It's not a cult."

You can't see that, can you?

Posted by: mrmarkhudson ( )
Date: November 12, 2015 12:41PM

Even with this policy my parents still don't understand why I discarded the church. I think my headaches must come from banging my head against the wall in frustration.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.