Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: November 12, 2015 10:36PM

I work at a college and we have to take training every year in social issues that relates to students. This year it is on Bullying. The new SSM policy is a form of bullying and harassment in the real world and if I were to say to a SSM couple, your child has to disavow your relationship, I would be fired on the spot and maybe face legal problems.

I am also concerned that this policy could also affect one's career. Being associated with an organization that believes in such a policy could lead people to think that person might have a hidden have a problem. For example I flew through the SLC airport this week and saw a senior missionary couple. My first thought was they belong to a Church that has policies that hurts gays.

Just my 2 cents worth today. I will never tell anyone I used to belonged to the LDS Church after this stunt.Anyone else feel the same way?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: November 12, 2015 11:34PM

Yes in "the real world" this action would be unconscionable. But in the world of religion according to LDS it is inspired.

It amazes me how hard it is for Mormons to understand how offensive, degrading, and abusive this policy is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.