Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: November 13, 2015 10:40AM

Oh what a beautiful and powerful light of truth that got shined on the LDS church this a.m. on the Today show!

The LDS judge taking the baby, the policy change, members leaving! They covered it well with the little time they had. I almost cried.

Bastards! Take that!

They had shots of the SLC temple. Nothing says homophobia now like the symbol of the LDS temple!

YEAH BABY, YEAH!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2015 10:47AM by AmIDarkNow?.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 13, 2015 10:41AM

AmIDarkNow? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They had shots of the SLC temple. Nothing says
> homophobia now like the symbol of the LDS temple!

Wow!!!

I agree!!!

:D

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: November 13, 2015 10:43AM

Isn't it wonderful? Isn't it marvelous?

It genuinely warms my heart.

It relaxes me.

Perhaps because we're not lugging the truth around by ourselves anymore.

Date: November 13, 2015 10:54AM

Oh it was so sweet!

They showed a picture of the judge. It was a direct link to an LDS judge basing his courtroom actions on his mormon religious belief.

"We don't shun" Yeah right, Holland!

Hey LDS profits! The world see's you clearly now like we who saw you and left the mental tyranny of your generational reign!

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: November 13, 2015 10:57AM

This is fun.

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: November 13, 2015 11:07AM

Agreed!

TG

Date: November 13, 2015 11:11AM

And today is Friday the 13th! Even better!

HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,
HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,
HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2015 11:12AM by AmIDarkNow?.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 13, 2015 11:28AM

How fitting.... Yay Yay Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: November 13, 2015 11:23AM

I'm travelling for work this week. I was in the hotel lobby eating the free breakfast with my Mormon coworker when this came on the Today show. He didn't say anything, and I was shoving scrambled eggs in my mouth to keep my smile from being so obvious. The segment definitely put the morg in a bad light!

Posted by: scotchipman ( )
Date: November 13, 2015 11:41AM

Removed since video link is posted above. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2015 11:52AM by scotchipman.

Posted by: greenAngel ( )
Date: November 13, 2015 12:32PM

wow, that clip is pretty damning, The LDS faith comes out looking like total assholes.

the timing of this crazy judge really couldn't be better when it comes to bad publicity lol

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: November 13, 2015 12:46PM

"wow, that clip is pretty damning, The LDS faith comes out looking like total assholes."

They come out looking like total assholes because they are total assholes. The church PR machine spends millions, every year, to keep the rest of the world from finding out what we know.

Posted by: Dafuq ( )
Date: November 13, 2015 12:37PM

Maybe the judge is more concerned about nutrition and exercise...

*shudder

Posted by: claire ( )
Date: November 13, 2015 01:03PM

Here is what my ex-ward's bishop's wife had to say today on FB about this:

"ok, I'm gonna jump into the scary waters. I usually watch the "Today" show every morning while I'm busy getting people ready for the day. This morning there was another report on the Utah gay couple who are possibly losing their baby because of a judge's ruling. The reporter ended her story by referencing the new stand on children being baptized before the age of 18 in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The things she reported were wrong and misleading, hate speech and disturbing. The media has a responsibility to report the news correctly and not report their opinions. I have been a witness to the unlawful practice of Judges not following the law of the land and inserting their own mind sets into judgements and punishments. It is very scary and should be stopped. As a member of this church, I know that we believe in following the laws of the land. That does not mean that we have to participate in any practice. We don't believe in drinking alcohol even though it is legal. We believe in the freedom of religion which allows all people in the US the right to practice their religion and not to persecute others for their beliefs. I believe this judge is very wrong and should be removed from the bench. If your job requires you to administer the law of the land, you must follow the laws of the land and not your personal religious beliefs. In contrast to what this reporter announced however, the new ruling in the church does NOT prevent children from participating in activities in the church and it does not ask children to denounce their parents as sinners. STOP promoting hate! AGAIN, Christianity is the last belief that it is politically correct to ridicule and persecute. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does not have different forms of practices. We don't have a "reform" movement or a "modern" movement that members can still participate in and not follow the beliefs. You either do or you don't believe that we have a modern prophet living on the earth with apostles just as Jesus organized when he walked the earth. Members don't shun or hate people who leave the religion because of non-belief but we don't bend the rules to accommodate varies opinions.We believe in freedom in free agency. Happy Friday the 13th! Yikes!"

Me again: I used to consider her a pretty cool person. But this is the second time she's jumped up and down with her little temper tantrum screaming "HATE SPEECH" because someone dared say something negative about her precious church.

God, I'm pretty sure I used to be just like her. Ick.

p.s. she has a whole bunch of likes and only one brave soul dared try to dispute what she said.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: November 13, 2015 09:33PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.