Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 10:59PM

They're paid in spiritual blessings

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 11:00PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 11:10PM

senior mission

Posted by: fearguiltpromise ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 11:13PM

So, then wouldn't the question be, In what currency do the senior missionaries pay to process resignations?

Date: November 16, 2015 11:20PM

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 11:54PM

Senior missionaries get bragging rights for their unselfish vacation for God and his true church.

Date: November 16, 2015 11:56PM

What doesn't make sense to me is why a devout member would want to process the letters and emails. It's got to be depressing at times.

Date: November 16, 2015 11:19PM

Maybe there's a personality test of something.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 11:40PM

I wonder what their testimonies sound like every first Sunday?

Date: November 16, 2015 11:44PM

Probably something like, "Last week, I mailed 250 booklets to would-be apostates. I know they will listen to the wise counsel of their inspired bishops. I know this church is true."

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 11:47PM

Easy, Dear Brothers and Sisters:

As you know, as a senior couple, we work at the COB. Although we'd like to tell you what we do, we can't. The church attorneys made us sign a Non Disclosure Agreement. And, if we break that agreement the church can take everything away from us including our home. It's kind of like the NDA that an apostle signs when he is ordained to the quorum of twelve. We just ... (sigh, sniffle, wiping a tear away) ... love this church.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2015 11:48PM by jiminycricket.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 11:48PM

Are you asking what currency employees who work for the LDS Church are paid? They are paid in the currency of their country, of course.
Having been an employee for the LDS Church, I know from experience, that the pay scale was a bit low.
Sometimes, employees talked about the blessings of working for the LDS Church.
Employees are typically true believers, hold a temple recommend and pay a full tithe, of course. These are most often, very dedicated people.

What I have found is that people are pretty much the same everywhere. Anything one human being can do, so can another. They have the same personality types, just the faces change! There are work place fanatics, givers, takers, cheats, slackers, gossips, whiners, liars, always happy and helpful, kind, nasty, brown nosers, and so on.

I found the same in situation working for the LDS Church.:-)

People, doing what people do! :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2015 11:49PM by SusieQ#1.

Date: November 16, 2015 11:52PM

Maybe Monopoly money.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: November 17, 2015 12:00AM

Beth

HAHA! Ya. Funny you said that. It was one of the game we played with other Mormons!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2015 12:29AM by SusieQ#1.

Date: November 16, 2015 11:57PM

they get paid in Reichsmarks.

Date: November 17, 2015 12:04AM

Date: November 17, 2015 12:06AM

don't make me go all godwin on you.

Posted by: Elder Strangelove ( )
Date: November 16, 2015 11:58PM

Starting wages = 1 shiblum / day

Median wage 2015 = 1 shiblon / day

Most likely, they'd be earning at least 1 senum/senine, if wages had kept up with inflation over the last few decades.

I don't want to bring politics into this, but if the COB employees could have unionized, they probably could be retiring with a portfolio rich in onti and ezrom, for what it's worth.

Date: November 17, 2015 12:03AM

Posted by: Elder Strangelove ( )
Date: November 17, 2015 12:11AM

A liahona, eh? You're saying that to stay true to the faith after opening resignation after resignation would require some brassy balls? I can see that.

Posted by: Anon Dunn ( )
Date: November 17, 2015 05:26AM

It helps one hold to the "rod"

Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: November 17, 2015 12:11AM

That may be one position they outsource to someone of a different faith.

Hire some clerks of different religions and it would be the same as any other paper pushing job.

A good investment, as the job would be high turnover among member missionaries, with the real possibility of burnout/resigning the church in the process. Every 10 tithers thatleave the church would alone pay for an outsiders wages.

There is also the possibilty in the case of senior missionaries of work discontent hampering and obstructing the sales pitch to hand over their estates.

The only necessity would be to quietly pay an outsider 10% less to cover tithing loss, and make his office in the COB, to simply be a mail pickup location. The actual work should be done off property to avoid prying eyes of employees who may want to know too much information regarding the quitters.

Date: November 17, 2015 12:14AM

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 17, 2015 12:29AM

MLM shares?

RB

Date: November 17, 2015 12:37AM

Are MLMs public companies? I'm guessing they're not, being Ponzi schemes and whatnot. I wonder if the SEC would be all up in their ish if they're public.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2015 03:41AM by Beth.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 17, 2015 12:41AM

Attention

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: November 17, 2015 08:22AM

As a desperate young father of three wee ones...i worked one winter in a beef packing plant...lugging beef is not for the weak of back..great for the weak of mind...being on the bottom of the union food chain...if a kill floor guy didnt show up after a weekend bender..i got called out to the hot muggy slop that is the gut room...for three ugly days a gut a minute would cone down the table...in that minute the paunch was emptued in one tube..the crap in another...and the stomach lining skinned out for tripe...for the french to eat i spose...your hands literally scream in two hours if your not used to that much knife work..i got chewed out for not skinning enough tripe...so fire me ass hole...go ahead make my day...i wonder if processing resignations is the gut room job of the cob...poor bastards

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.