Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DC ( )
Date: November 19, 2015 09:14AM

I will soon find myself visiting Ogden for a few days only. Is there anything I must see there? Any good places to eat?

How mormon is it?

Thanks,

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lapsed ( )
Date: November 19, 2015 09:31AM

25th Street has some great restaurants and shops. It has a colorful past.
Up Ogden Canyon there is a restaurant called The Oaks, right next to the river.

Posted by: itcame2pass ( )
Date: November 19, 2015 09:44AM

The old Union train station is pretty cool. It's a railway museum and they have a lot of things on display.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 19, 2015 10:08AM

They also have old automobiles and the Browning Arms museum in the same building.

Not too far away is the Hill Air Force Base plane museum. It's free. Lots of planes are indoors where they have an SR-71 on display and lots of WW 2 aircraft.

Posted by: Schaffner ( )
Date: November 19, 2015 05:44PM

Yes, Union Station has both real and model trains, an auto museum, a cowboy museum and the Browning gun museum. The gun museum has a pretty good collection of Browning firearms, but I think the Military Museum in Beijing has a larger Browning collection.

Posted by: greenAngel ( )
Date: November 19, 2015 11:32AM

The Banana Leaf. Sri Lankan, delicious food, alternative diet friendly, delicious teas (caffeinated & decaf.)

Posted by: Og-denizen ( )
Date: November 19, 2015 12:09PM

Hike up one of the canyons--Waterfall Canyon, Taylor's Canyon--or to the top of Ben Lomond. Alternatively, drive up to Snow Basis or other mountain areas.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: November 19, 2015 03:50PM

CTR tattoo on right butt cheek

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: November 19, 2015 04:33PM

eat at Warren's for the most intrinsic Utah foods - fries with fry sauce, lime rickey's and scones (fried dough with honey butter)

Posted by: rain ( )
Date: November 19, 2015 05:20PM

Is Farr's Ice Cream still there? We used to always go there when visiting relatives. Yummy.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 19, 2015 07:23PM

It looked the same as when I was a kid growing up nearby. The ice cream is still as yummy just as I remembered it.

Posted by: goodeye ( )
Date: November 20, 2015 08:40AM

Love the salt water taffy they sell there too!

Posted by: goodeye ( )
Date: November 20, 2015 08:41AM

There is a water well (seriously can't remember the street) but it's right near a McDonalds there. I kid you not it was some of the most cleanest tasting water I have ever had.

(I live and have grown up in AZ so I get that any water not from here is likley WAY better than AZ water lol)

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: November 20, 2015 12:58AM

Roosters on 25th has great food and a brewery well worth your time. Few other favorites..union station, Pig in a Jelly jar. Tamari's (bit south of 25th)..best eats in Ogden..

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: November 20, 2015 01:08AM

Scruds gourmet grub has some amazing menue burgers. My favorite, Ogden restaurant is Arroy-D. Thai cuisine at its best. Just off 12th from the freeway. That's the top best (for me) in the Ogden area.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 20, 2015 03:03AM

There's a full size replica of a flying machine designed by Leonardo Da Vinci hanging in the Washington Terrace branch of the Weber Couty Library. I believe it is the only full size replica in the world. Here's a YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj6kMZBrUq4

Plus, unlike most of the other recommendations, this has zero calories and it is free. If you have any geek gene at all, you will love it.

Utahns, you've probably never heard of this either. Check it out.

Warning: there is an annoying toll bridge you have to cross from the nearest interstate exit. I'm not that familiar with Ogden, so I just paid the bleeping $1 each way.

Pleasant Valley Branch
5568 S 500 E, Ogden. http://www.weberpl.lib.ut.us/location/pleasant-valley-branch

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2015 03:20AM by Brother Of Jerry.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: November 20, 2015 08:22AM

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: November 20, 2015 08:57AM

Salomon Center!!! Indoor surfing and skydiving! It really should be better publicized.

Posted by: lapsed ( )
Date: November 20, 2015 09:05AM

Little known tidbit. The prominent mountain peak on the north end of town is called Ben Lomond. It was the inspiration for the mountain logo for Paramount films.

Posted by: Apostate J ( )
Date: November 20, 2015 11:56AM

Make sure to cruise down Wall Avenue and take notice of the dog food factory that is practically in the city center. Inhale deeply and enjoy the aroma of rendered animal organs and by-products that the scent of the dog food factory wafts throughout the city

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.