Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 03:28PM

My wife and I are in Yuma, AZ where I've finally met my little sister. I am in a very warm and fuzzy place right now. She and her husband have been so welcoming and sweet and I feel truly blessed to have met them...and my brother (who I've not met yet) will be here this afternoon. This my first ever American Thanksgiving spent in the US and will be very special.....and the fact it's 80 F here and 0F back home in southern Alberta don't hurt either. We are enjoying my BIL's fine cooking and manny cocktails....all good.

Ron Burr

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 03:51PM

It's a family reunion that is long overdue in the making.

Enjoy every moment.

Sounds priceless so far.

Date: November 25, 2015 04:01PM

Thanks. I could not have written a script more perfect and complete than this. It is beyond wonderful. And my sister and my wife are buddies now....my heart is full.

Ron Burr

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 04:11PM

What a heartwarming story to read. So happy for you all to meet each other. And, cocktails on top of it? Too good.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 04:13PM

Cheers, Bro! For a Reprobate, you've got a BIG heart!

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 04:41PM

Ron, that is wonderful, I hope this is the start of many times together with your newfound family!
And don't worry, those of us left home in Alberta will hold down the fort - you know, turn up the thermostat and shovel the snow. Keep the Alexander Keith's on ice, that kinda thing.
;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2015 04:41PM by looking in.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 04:56PM

Congratulations! I hope this is the first of many get togethers.

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 04:57PM

What a lovely story, and a truly happy Thanksgiving. As a reunited birth mother, I can truly appreciate your joy.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 05:01PM

Ron, I am glad that you have had the opportunity to meet your sister and her family. I actually going to be calling one of my great aunt's tonight and talk for the first time. She is one of my grand-mother's sisters that I didn't know about. I hope that you have a great visit and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 05:01PM

I am so happy for you! What a lovely Thanksgiving!

Posted by: acerbic_comic ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 05:04PM

Thi is wonderful Ron. Enjoy.

Posted by: KiNeverMo ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 06:15PM

That is so great. Have a wonderful holiday.

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 06:29PM

That is wonderful. So happy to hear this

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 07:59PM

Hey RB!

From one "honorary" hoser to another am wishing you a very pleasant Holiday stay with your little sister and BIL.

Could well understand how it could be very exciting yet surreal at the same time.

Sheesh Bro with those temperatures you better dang well have left all your designer touques at home...eh???

All the Best for an enjoyable time and memorable moments!

And may your travels back to the Great White North be as safe and enjoyable as well for both you and your better half!

BTDTEM

Date: November 28, 2015 10:03AM

Thanks...been a buzy week here in the desert. Still ridin' the wave of love from these wonderful folks. And now we've got a place in the sun to go every winter....

RB

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 08:04PM

Congratulations!! I am so happy for yall and wish a wonderful holiday and great memory making!

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: November 26, 2015 02:46AM

So pleased for you, Ron. Have a great holiday.

Tom in Paris

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 26, 2015 02:56AM

I am so happy for you...being with your family like this is beyond anything I can even imagine. (I have a brother I have never met, and very likely will never be able to meet.)

I am filled with joy at your good fortune...

Happy [American] Thanksgiving Day to you, and to your wife, and your newly-met family!!!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 26, 2015 02:57AM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 05:45PM

Ron, that sounds great. How clever of you to have relatives in Arizona. ;) I hope that you enjoyed the American version of Thanksgiving.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 05:57PM

Yes, Ron...how did your first American Thanksgiving go???

I would be fascinated to know how it differs from Canadian Thanksgiving (besides the fact that Canadian Thanksgiving is in a different month!!!).

:) :) :)

Date: November 27, 2015 07:14PM

It was FABULOUS.....ate and drank heartily.....we're all Canadians here so not much different. Only difference is the date. Canuck TF is a post harvest festival.

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2015 07:17PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 09:50PM

I used to visit Canadian friends in Alberta for the Canadian Thanksgiving dinner. A different family would host dinner each year, but the same group was always present at each meal. Then they would come down south for the U.S. event.

The dinners were identical, every time, with one exception:
One Canadian woman, whenever it was her turn to cook, would open up the can of jellied cranberry sauce and the can of whole-berry cranberry sauce, and heat them both (separate pans). To her, a sauce was the same as gravy, and you always serve gravy hot. She never complained about all of the cold cranberry sauce at other houses. But it was always hot at her house.

Note: whole-berry cranberry sauce is a lot better hot than jellied cranberry sauce is. Take my word for it.

Date: November 28, 2015 09:58AM

Yes....whole berry or nuthin'

RB

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 07:37PM

wow.. just ..wow....what a great update! Thanks so much for sharing!

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: November 28, 2015 02:00AM

What great fortune to have found one another, AND they are normal and friendly. What a perfect holiday. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the warm weather. =)

Posted by: KiNeverMo ( )
Date: November 28, 2015 10:05AM

I'm very happy for you. :)

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 28, 2015 10:37AM

Date: November 30, 2015 01:30AM

Back home in Alberta after a long day that started in Yuma and ended 13 1/2 hours later in our nice watm home. Been quite a week for sure. My heart is full. Thank you all for your kind words.

RB

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.