Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 05:44PM

Last week my wife and I finally sent in our resignation email to the See-Oh-Bee. We didn't expect to hear from them for a few weeks.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I opened up my mail today and found a letter from the Great and Spacious Bureaucracy informing us, quite succinctly, that our names had been removed from membership records and placed in the "Motherfucking Intellectuals, Feminists and Gays" Shitlist folder.

But it gets better. Immediately after tearing open the letter and sending a brief text of thanks to my Lord and Savior Mr.-J-to-the-R, I noticed that the very next pieces of mail under our resignation confirmation were tickets.

To Book of Mormon.

And under that was a gift card to Starbucks.

Praise be to sharp-clawed, razor-toothed, feathered Cretaceous Christ for blessing my family on this, the Blackest of Fridays. What a joyous day! Callooh Callay!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blakballoon ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 06:02PM

Wow! That's a "sign" if there ever was one,
Congratulations!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 06:10PM

A Jabberwocky reference? Shakespeare wrote all those lovely sonnets, Walt Whitman penned his epics and T.S. Eliot did what he did, and yet. Jabberwocky devours all. It's the only one I can recite from memory.

Thanks for mentioning it. It made my day.

P.S. Raptor Jesus saves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2015 06:18PM by donbagley.

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 06:37PM

Always awesome to hear good news !
Thx for sharing with us all !!!
:-)

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 07:56PM

REALLY COOL!!!!

Cheers to all,

Human

Posted by: En Sabah Nur (nli) ( )
Date: November 27, 2015 11:33PM

I posted my resignation letter several months ago, but it took my wife a while to compose hers.

Anyway, here's what I sent:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1542672,1542672#msg-1542672

Posted by: Darkfem ( )
Date: November 28, 2015 12:08AM

Congratulations!

I'll be very interested in your review of Book of Mormon :)

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: November 28, 2015 12:11AM

It would appear the Raptor Jesus knew beforehand just what you required, and sent the tickets. This is a deity I may have to look into. Congrats on being OUT!

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: November 28, 2015 11:16AM

Welcome to the new folder! Big upgrade from the fold. No?

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: November 28, 2015 12:53PM

I am talking myself into doing it too (resigning). I wasn't going to bother as I know for sure they do not really remove your name. But if now they are processing the resignations willingly and quickly and will not see your letter of resignation as yet another reason to come by and try to proselytize again it could be worth it anyway.

I've come to see that whether they keep my name on their books, or not, (and I don't think it's 'not') the point of resignation is that it's me making the conscious decision and statement not to 'belong' to such an organization any more.

It seems like such a hassle to me but I am moving towards doing it.

I really appreciate people posting their resignation letters and letting us know of outcomes.

Congratulations to you, ESN.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 01:25PM

It doesn't seem to be a hassle at all anymore. You email your name, date and place of birth and put in exactly one line that you have resigned, effective immediately. A few days later the letter shows up acknowledging your resignation. It's a bigger hassle getting coffee at a shop. I think if you want to do so, now is a fine time to do it.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: November 30, 2015 10:15AM

I was the same nightingale, always thinking "Why bother?"

The kids of gays thing pushed me too hard though and I decided to put up with the contact from the bishop even though I had no idea where there was even a ward house in my area and hadn't been Mormon for forty years.

I was so surprised to send one email and receive the letter that I was removed from the records in only about a week and half.

I'm sure my name is still there somewhere with a big asterisk by the pink triangle that was already by it, haha.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 28, 2015 11:28AM

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How wonderful !!!! Its the best present you could ever give yourself.

Posted by: En Sabah Nur (nli) ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 10:01AM

As a side note, several apostate friends and family members, upon hearing how smoothly and quickly the process was for us, are now considering resigning their memberships as well. One still-Mormon relative expressed some desire to distance herself from the church's recent policies and political practices, although she isn't considering leaving Mormonism...yet.

The church's sphere of influence in shrinking fast. It's a wonderful thing to see.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 10:38AM

I had a few people and one relative talk to me about resigning.

I guess if the church wants to separate the wheat from the tares, they may be shocked to see how shitty their harvest is.

Posted by: antilehinephi ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 10:34AM

So funny.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.