Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 02:48PM

So far. His brother wasn't a member of the morg. He has all sorts of health problems. His brother was a smoker for many years. I don't know much about this uncle other that he lived like a hermit in Jackson, California(in my old grandma's house). Now out of my TBM dad's siblings and family, he's the only one left. His dad passed when I was little. The middle brother before I was born. His mother(grandma to me) in the early 1990's. Now it's just him.

I don't think that he was close to this brother. I didn't see him crying when he found out. There might be money involved with his mother in this....but I'm not sure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 02:56PM

Sorry for your Dad's loss. Even though they weren't close, it's still hard to deal with death of a sibling. I hope you and he are well and staying warm. The Boner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2015 02:56PM by byuboner.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 03:04PM

I'm sorry for your dad's sake. That has to be hard. My mom was one of the last of her siblings to pass as well.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 03:13PM

I know it is hard to think about, but your dad is the last one. Try the best you can to plan how you will be living. I hope your dad has many future years, but you never know.

Communicate with your dad to find out what his concerns are. Try to make decisions in advance if possible about where he wants to be buried, etc.

Sorry for the loss of your uncle.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 03:38PM

SII, Im sorry for the passing of your uncle. Just be aware that even though your father wasn't that close to his brother, sometimes being the "last one" of a family can hit one pretty hard. Be loving and kind if you notice this happening with your father....

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 04:07PM

Posted by: KiNeverMo ( )
Date: November 29, 2015 10:31PM

I am sorry for your family's loss.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: December 01, 2015 03:45PM

We haven't heard anything from California since Sunday. My dad says that this is typical of his relatives. Today we're going to Twin Falls for Christmas shopping and goodies. Hopefully he'll cheer up soon as all of the family at home is worried about him.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: December 01, 2015 10:30PM

I am sorry for your loss. Best wishes to you and your family.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.