Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 04:36PM

Someone just mentioned how "fart" was bad, but "butt" and "toot" was ok.

That reminds me of the other damn thing my ex-MIL would say (besides 'h-e-double hockey sticks' instead of hell)

She was so offended by "fart" and "toot" that she actually referred to flatulence as

wait for it.....

wait for it....

HEINY BURP!!!!!

That mental image is more tasteless and offensive than most curse words to me!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Never-Mo 16 ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 05:44PM

I have a friend that isn't LDS but she always says, "Sweet Chicken!" instead of cussing. I think this one would fit in nicely. LOL

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 05:49PM

Heiny burp? Come on, I was eating!

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 06:01PM

I was walking home from work one day at BYU and passed an open window in my apartment complex. There was a football game on, and someone jumped up and shouted that right as I walked by. "Oh my crap"? Seriously?

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 06:11PM

There is not much more profane or offensive than a pretentious self absorbed POS like McConkie or Hinckley or Cook going around with the title of .... well I cant/ wont even say it, and thats why the much more appropriate term of MORmON ASSpostHOLE was created.

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 06:15PM

I wasn't allowed to say:

Suck, crap, or fart.

Imagine my parents' surprise when they once heard me yell:

"Holy fucking bitch-tits!!"

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 07:22PM

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 08:02PM

Thanks, I love you too!

They were so shocked I didn't even get grounded.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 07:19PM

If it was scary and horrible beyond belief she's say "On, pshaw!"

My Grandfather didn't even use that expletive. He's just let out a groan or a little grumble.

Posted by: mormonalumni ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 09:31PM

My grandma always said "My stars and garters!"

I live in Boston now, so the F-bomb is my go to...except for around the kids.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 10:10PM

I went to BYU in 1967. My home teaching companion had just returned from some mission in Mexico, and every other word out of his mouth was "Suck!," apparently something they learned in his mission. When he was more excited, he's say, "Great suck!" Back in them dayz I just thought it was vile. Today I think it was pretty stupid.

It seemed that all the other returned missionaries back then said variants of "Flip!" DW still exclaims, "Flip, Dan!," from an incident when we were bowling at BYU, and a guy next to us kept exclaiming it to his friend, Dan. It drove us nuts. It was quite unrelenting.

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 11:28PM

Do mormons still say ah flip? Or look at that flippin' idiot. I remember when I was a kid all the RMs talked like that.

Posted by: AlmostFell ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 11:30PM

Sounds like Mormon cursing has a lot in common with Baptist cursing. I may have to use Maria's expletive next time I get really mad. lol

Posted by: tawanda2011 ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 12:29AM

We didn't let our kids say suck, dang it, shoot, darn... Now they say fuck, shit, damn it ... Of course they are all grown and some don't remember any cult influence. As I have said before in my posts, I get a kick out of saying WTF and I say it often. I'm making up for decades of repressing what I really thought OR what I would have thought had I been thinking

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.