Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: goodlyexmormon ( )
Date: December 02, 2015 10:51PM

Just curious. I think it would be nice to date an exmormon tbh. We would share a lot of stories and nice exmo humour (which might be the type that makes me laugh most).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: December 02, 2015 11:07PM

I bet others would be interested too, but I wouldn't think this would be the place. Probably shouldn't mix a recovery board with a dating board. Just my take on that.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 02, 2015 11:19PM

Pretty sure one couple met here.
Both are regular posters.
I'll let them identify themselves (if they want to)...:)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 02, 2015 11:40PM

I think that there is an exmo dating website.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 02, 2015 11:50PM

Wheeee! I love my story!

I actually tried to join exmormon(dot)org in mid-2009, but the process in place at the time involved entering my email address, and I kept typing in my real life main email address, and I kept getting the message, "not a valid email address." I finally gave up and joined another site.

I was quite active there. I was also married. But five months after that, in Dec., 2009 my marriage took a hit from which it did not recover, try though I might. She'd gotten in touch with her first husband after finding out that he was RICH! She took her time and moved out at Thanksgiving, 2010. The divorce wasn't unexpected, the chicanery involved was brutal and expensive.

In January of 2011, a young friend on that other site said, "You should join Facebook; you'll be able to meet all kinds of eligible ladies!"

I created an EOD FB account and through the EXMOs on the other site soon had over a 100 friends. And many of them had friends from here and I began to notice a certain young lady's comments on our mutual friends' 'walls.' I soon friended her, she accepted, and nine months later, we had a baby! No, no, of course not! She'd been an RfM'er for years and years. But I still didn't join, or even visit here...

It turned out that we although we are opposites in just about everything, we are a great team. We are proof that opposites can attract. We finally met on 10/08/2011 when I showed up at her town's library, with $1,000 and a gun. You know how impetuous Lamanites can be... But she totally disarmed me!

It wasn't all skittles and beer, but in 2012 I moved down from Apple Valley, where I'd lived for 20 years, and we've had some wonderful adventures. So we've been together for over three years now. And here's a funny tidbit: our first kiss was in a mormon church parking lot, standing by the main entrance. Strange though it may sound, one of her biggest fans is my TBM daughter.

I joined RfM finally a year ago. It's a lot more free wheeling than my other exmo site. RfM seems to me to be like a favorite chatroom on the old AOL, when AOL was about the only way to get online, via a dial up modem. I think it's wonderful that people can loathe each here!! That just doesn't happen on my other site. Probably because of the Nazi moderators on that other site! Truly, they are beasts!

If you're looking for romance, FB is the place, via the various Exmo groups, both open and secret. Ya gotta get in there and mix it up, move it around...

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 11:15AM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wheeee! I love my story!

>"it wasn't all skittles and beer"...

No it was Sangria .....

I love you mi Amor.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 11:31AM

Holy crap! And you're the one who told me not to ever say anything!!

Women!

Date: December 03, 2015 11:44AM

elderolddog Wrote:
> Holy crap! And you're the one who told me not to
> ever say anything!!
>
> Women!

No I didn't... * this will turn out to be our first arguement... just watch. * ;)

Date: December 03, 2015 12:15PM

...and that was the happy couple I referred to.
Love you both, dog and saucie! :)

Date: December 03, 2015 12:19PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
> ...and that was the happy couple I referred to.
> Love you both, dog and saucie! :)

We love you back Hie... very much !!!!!

Date: December 03, 2015 12:20PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2015 12:21PM by saucie.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 12:25PM

Well damn, Saucie...this one I didn't know about! You *GO* girl!! (And you, too Elder).

Nice.

;o)

Date: December 03, 2015 12:39PM

:):)

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 07:49PM

and when this thread came up, I saw elderolddog post and I was just waiting to see . . .

From their posts here, they both seem very happy.

Posted by: saucie: My BF bought me anewPC ( )
Date: December 06, 2015 10:44AM

Well thank you cl2... how very intuitive you are. ;)

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 01:05PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
> Love you both, dog and saucie! :)

Mmmmm, dog sauce. I hear it tastes like chicken?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2015 01:06PM by Elder Berry.

Date: December 03, 2015 06:51PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
> Mmmmm, dog sauce. I hear it tastes like chicken?

I have it with ElderBerry wine. Great combination :)

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 08:21PM

Get a room! ;D

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 12:56AM

I've met some marvelous exmos whom I consider to be good friends! It was almost like meeting previously unknown kinfolk!

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 01:27AM

I would love to meet anyone that posts here. And if it was a single man about my age...how awesome would that be!! I don't have FB so I can't go that route.

Posted by: doubtingLDS ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 02:45AM

I would be up for it.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 08:42AM

Happens all the time...ALL THE TIME. A few years ago, one lively couple, super-regular posters, got married. He was a former Bish. I'd post their screen names but they later got divorced, so I don't want to call anyone out or embarrass them.

I know of multiple online/offline relationships that originated on RfM. Some really picked up steam after an IRL meeting at the annual ex-mo conference in SLC. Plus, at ex-mo conference itself, there are always an unholy number of casual hook-ups. Just sayin'.

;o)

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 09:11AM

I seem to remember a Canadian girl and one of the "flyboys" getting together, but we've not heard any news for a long time...

Posted by: strangeloop ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 09:57AM

I've only gotten to meet one person from RfM when I traveled to Dallas for work. I would love to make it to an ex-mo conference someday.

On my list of people I'm dying to meet:

Anagrammy
Human
BlueOrchid
RaptorJesus
JesusSmith
IfIcouldhietokolob
etc...

Posted by: goodlyexmormon ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 10:14AM

Also I'd like to meet Baura

Date: December 03, 2015 12:15PM

Right back at ya :)

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 07:37PM

Posted by: Anonymous for this ( )
Date: December 03, 2015 01:12PM

I've met someone from here :-)

It’s been awesome :D

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 03:20PM

I'm here. Where are all of you?

I love getting together (depends on the person)... though, unfortunately, this is about as close as most of us will ever get to actually meeting one another.

Besides this forum, I look forward and am open to conversation/ meeting (the right person-people) in a variety of other ways, whether it be in person, by phone, email, exchanging letters-cards, social mediums, and hopefully someday soon, at a ex-mo conference or meet-up.

I've discovered, over the past few years, that I like ex-mos as much as non-mos, and, in most cases, moreso than Mormons. I prefer thinkers, and those that practice freedom (or at least a yearning for it), happiness (vs. the appearance thereof), and unconditional love (vs. LDS-type "love"), to speak a little of humor, beauty and intelligence.

Posted by: Abigail ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 04:43PM

I met my now-husband because of this sight. A long-time poster is my husband's sister-in-law. She mentioned something about her exmo single brother-in-law living in my town. I asked her to tell me more and she sent him my email address and me his. We wrote emails for several months before finally meeting.

That was 2001 and we married in 2006. Very happily married!

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 06:37PM

There was a thread on single men I think. I joined it and joked that the participants sounded like they were talking about my brother-in-law. I told a little about him and then felt badly - maybe he didn't want me doing that. So I called him up and asked him to take a look at my comments.

His response - KEEP WRITING! One of the women in the conversation emailed me. We e-chatted. She lived in the same town as BIL and seemed nice so I gave her his email. They have been married since 2006.

Posted by: Abigail ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 06:43PM

Haha, msmom - that's my post above yours.

(Waves at sister-in-law!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2015 06:43PM by Abigail.

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 08:18PM

Posted by: carthagegrey ( )
Date: December 04, 2015 08:03PM

I would like to buy CA girl a drink

Posted by: zarahemhaw ( )
Date: December 06, 2015 01:52PM

I know of 9 serious relationships (half of them ended up marrying) that came from this site.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.