Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: December 05, 2015 10:17PM

There was a gay gentleman who was in a stake Presidency in San Francisco, & another one as an executive secretary in a Bishopric, about 15 years ago I think. I'd love to know how they are doing now.

These are really intelligent , caring people. I think that the church is cutting off their own noses to spite their own faces.

There are so damned many kids in foster care. If a gay couple want to be foster parents , & any of the kids want to be active mormons, blessing & baptised..............hell , WHY NOT ???

I know this is just beating the dead horse, but I wouldn't want to be the one answering to the savior about this policy with the kids.

I had to lesbians years ago who lived down the road who said I probably would never want them to baby sit my kids. I said "2 Moms babysitting my kids......HELL YESSSSSSSS !!!! "
They instantly regretted saying that !! ;-)
But.....I just wondered if anyone heard about the guys in San Francisco . ( Did they have a mass resignation , there , also? numbers , anyone ?? )

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 05, 2015 10:25PM

I'm surprised to hear this, even for San Francisco - given the historic propensity of the church leading to its recent actions.

So they had these men serving, while offering them no clemency basically?

I wonder how the church was able to pull it off, without a loud objection from the home office?

Reminds me of an Episcopalean minister I had back in NYC, who secretively led a gay lifestyle unbeknownst to his parishioners, before the Episcopal church made the exception that gays could be priests. People loved him regardless.

He had to resign when he came down with AIDS, as in a forced early retirement.

He was very beloved as a pastor.

Date: December 06, 2015 08:21AM

I bet the cool part about that Episcopalean minister was that he LOVED everyone for who they were right where they were life. He led people to want to be the best they could be. A true leader , indeed.
Thank you for sharing this ! People like this make me want to be a better person.

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: December 06, 2015 02:57PM

If you really are the mother of fifteen kids, could it be that you are from Nebraska, and there names all start with the same letter as their surname?

Date: December 06, 2015 10:44PM

Nope. We are not from Nebraska. Missouri here.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 05, 2015 11:12PM

It wasn't that long ago...

it was in 2011 when Mitch Mayne's bishop was inspired by Holy McGhost to call Mitch to be his executive secretary. The following article talks of this, as well as other gay men being called to exercise their priesthood powers on behalf of the kingdom of ghawd.

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/sltrib/news/52486958-78/mayne-gay-lds-ward.html.csp

And here's Bro. Mayne's blog, with the latest post only being two days old, if you're interested in what's going on in his life...

http://mitchmayne.blogspot.com/

Date: December 06, 2015 03:08AM

Thank you for the references ! I'll look'em up !

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: December 06, 2015 08:37AM

momto15kids said "I think that the church is cutting off their own noses to spite their own faces."

I think so too.

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: December 06, 2015 03:00PM

If you really are the mother of fifteen children, could it be that you are from Nebraska, and their names all start with the same letter as their surname?

Date: December 06, 2015 10:45PM

Nope. Missouri here.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: December 06, 2015 03:11PM

"I know this is just beating the dead horse, but I wouldn't want to be the one answering to the savior about this policy with the kids." - The CULT has nothing to do with the savior! Never has, Never will!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.