Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: December 06, 2015 01:12PM

...new levels of idiocy. These jerks are lucky to have their heads still attached. What negligent or unfit parent would even consider sending their 18 year-old into that craphole?

...oh, wait I see. "The Prophet will protect you in all your Missionary endeavours!"

Fail.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865642980/We-can-find-peace-Elder-Holland-visits-the-Middle-East.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: December 06, 2015 11:17PM

Does he even have any idea about life there? Does he even know about Sharia law??

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 07:38AM

"Does he even have any idea about life there? Does he even know about Sharia law??"

Elder Holland responded to that: "If there's a girl over eight years old named Sharia Law somewhere in the Middle East, by golly we'll baptize her!"

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 08:24AM

....unless her parents are gay...

Date: December 07, 2015 09:58AM

"....unless her parents are gay..."

Don't be silly! There aren't any gay people in the Middle East. Not any live ones, anyway.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 01:38PM

He can find a piece in the Middle East...Holland sez just like Joseph.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 06, 2015 11:18PM

Faith! Faith is the only answer that matters!

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: December 06, 2015 11:44PM

"Ya say you've got a real solution? Well, ya know...we'd all love to see the plan." John Lennon, "Revolution".

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 12:20AM

Elder Holland should put his money where his mouth is, & move over there for a few years. I'd love to hear his opinion after that ! "We've just received new revelation....run home like hell".

Posted by: antilehinephi ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 05:54AM

Yup. Jimmy Carter has nothing on Holland. These guys are clueless. They have no idea of their lack of power in the world. Mormons are jokes in most of the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 09:05AM by antilehinephi.

Posted by: ipseego2 ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 08:16AM

No, Mormons aren't jokes in most of the world. People normally don't joke about Mormons. Why? Because in most of the world people don't know about Mormons.

Posted by: antilehinephi ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 09:27AM

"In essence God is saying, "You give me your heart, your integrity, and your determination and I will give you the priesthood, revelation and truth. Together we will change the world. This may not be easy, but this is how it will be done." - Holland.
So here is a good example of Holland claiming that he knows God's
thoughts. He proceeds to tell this group of people that if the people of the Middle East will give God their hearts, integrity and determination then God will give them Mormonism. (the priesthood, revelation and truth) Is he saying that everyone will become Mormon if they just humble themselves and listen to the missionaries? Is this a messege of converting the world? I think this is a fascinating talk by Holland because it is an example of how the apostles still believe their job, since they have the only truth upon the face of the planet, is to convert people to Mormonism. This is crazy thinking.

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 08:22AM

"Elder Holland’s impact on the area was broad and deep."

OMG! Obama should send that man to the middle east as an envoy for peace. Bwahahah! I just spewed coffee all over.

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 08:45AM

When I was in Iraq I found out from a our Serviceman's groupleader that Iraq actually is part of the "Arabian Penninsula Stake"...That was always good for a chuckle...

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 10:05AM

Date: December 07, 2015 01:03PM

Oh, I forgot. Cain slew Abel in Missouri, not in the Middle East.

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 10:17AM

If Ballard can use his super powers to end the drought in Ethiopia, can't Holland just do the same in the Middle East?

Posted by: Exiled ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 10:53AM

You would think Jesus would tell Holland how to solve the problems over there .... Or is Jesus in his mass murder Old Testament mode again?

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 11:10AM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 11:36AM

I'm gonna give JH a Pass on this one, b/c it's factually true in an abstract sense;

People 'could' adapt Love as the means / goal of their interactions, could see that wars/violence haven't been productive.

Too bad, 'eh?

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 12:35PM

What Egyptians think of potus ideas on finding peace.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UXodRLLkth4

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 12:44PM

Indiana Jones couldn't find peace in the middle east if he walked around tombs with his seer stone on a stick for a thousand years.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 01:09PM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 01:41PM

Posted by: Exmo Aspie ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 01:12PM

You can't coexist with people who were born and bred to kill you

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 01:14PM

Date: December 07, 2015 01:36PM

Posted by: brucermalarky ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 01:32PM

The ironic thing is that peace would be much easier accomplished if religion were to end in the middle east. That place needs LESS religion, not more of it. Mormonism over there would cause WAY more problems than it would solve.

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 01:47PM

Obviously it's an article written especially for the faithful LDS members.

Holland's claim that 'God' said this?

"You give me your heart, your integrity and your determination and I will give you the priesthood, revelation and truth."

Code for give us your money, your time, and we'll give you a fantasy power that's as real as voodoo.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 02:00PM

I'm bet on voodoo over LDS priesthood.

Date: December 07, 2015 02:04PM

...or, some sort of ridiculous First Presidency-induced hypnotic trance.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vu2pFaKCGug/maxresdefault.jpg

Posted by: anonnonna ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 02:05PM

I live in the IE (San Bernardino area). Not one word was spoken of the great tragedy at church on Sunday. It was swept under the rug despite the fact that we have employees of RC and first responders in our ward and stake. No outreach to members or community from the stake. No outreach from SLC. Meanwhile local churches are adding special masses, extra services, vigils. This is the largest terrorist attack since 911. Where are the prophets and leaders? Oh yeah it's all made up anyway, but couldn't they pretend to care about hurting members more than tithing settlement?

Posted by: amiable ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 02:15PM

anonnonna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I live in the IE (San Bernardino area). Not one
> word was spoken of the great tragedy at church on
> Sunday. It was swept under the rug despite the
> fact that we have employees of RC and first
> responders in our ward and stake.

This is vile. How can they live with themselves?

Date: December 07, 2015 02:09PM

A; They're probably not even pretending that they care.

B; It's the time of season for giving.....us.......your.......$$$$$$.

C; That's their problem....not our's.

Posted by: annonna ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 02:12PM

3. Hit the nail on the head, thank you for reminding me.

Posted by: Exmo Aspie ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 02:25PM

I know how to bring about peace in the middle east. Draw an outline on a map. The furthest west of the outline will be Tunisia's western border. The Northern most of the outline will be Turkey, Azerbaijjan, Kurdistan, and Armenia, their southern borders. The furthest east will be India's border with Pakistan. Now that we have the Islamic world nice and highlighted, we nuke everything. We throw so many nukes in there, that the middle east won't be habitable for the next thousand years. We turn it into a glassy chernobyl. Nuke the whole damn thing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.