Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 12:31AM

Sorrrrrrrrrry ~~~~~~~ I know this darned policy is getting o.l.d.

BUTTTT.........I think these kids of married same sex partners who want to be baptized and are told to wait til 18 to be baptized where other kids can be baptized at 8 , should SUE the living hell right out of the Mormon Church. ( I'd bet $$$$ that there are some really high Lawyers with mega reputations who would love nothing more than to represent one or more kids on this issue & back the Mormon Church into a corner & make the church put their money where their MOUTHS are.)

Okay.........I promise 'll do my best to let this dead horse rest in peace. At least for a while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 01:29AM by momto15kids.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 12:46AM

Don't worry about beating the horse again--I went to F & T meeting today for a baby blessing. Several testimonies were based on the truth about the family and how wonderful the Proclamation was. One Morbot even told how she enjoyed ponderizing the words of the prophet. I think we'll have lots to post about in the future. The Boner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 12:51AM by byuboner.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 02:00AM

They should protest, if one minority group feels discriminated against they all should be discriminated against. If cojcolds raises their standards then it should apply to all sinners.

Posted by: jhiyciyciycciy ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 02:53AM

I am confused.

An organization we don't like and encourage people to leave, won't let a group of people join.

Shouldn't we be happy those folks are not pressured to join and will look elsewhere for religion?

Them and their children and maybe grandchildren will not be brainwashed, give over their hard earned cash to a corporation or spend two years in a labor camp.

Why are people concerned with trying to force the church to allow them to join?.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 07:13AM

When my twins turned 8, they had 3 cousins who turned 8 at the same time. So since my kids' dad is gay and if he had left earlier to live with his boyfriend, my kids would not have been able to be baptized. We were still believers. So I and my children should be punished? My kids may be 30 now, but what about other children? Is that right? No. It isn't.

My daughter is TBM. How is this going to impact her? Everyone knows her father is gay. Is she going to have to disavow her father to get a TR? How far are they going to take this. My TBM sister even thought of scenarios that I hadn't thought of that might effect my daughter. My sister is very angry, too. I think it might be the catalyst for her leaving the lds church.

My ex was cheating with other men when he baptized our twins, but only I knew. Why should he be any different than someone who is being honest with their partner rather than in a marriage that we were very much supported in going through with. I was told it was my job to save him. After over 30 years, I still get told I failed at saving him even by my own daughter.

I took my kids out of the lds church so they wouldn't be ostracized coming from a divorce family. They told me to marry him and I did love him, BUT now they say my kids are second class? That is what they are telling these children. Don't you get that? They reached out from the past and ostracized my children.

Not even I thought the church would stoop this low. This actually I feel has shattered something inside me. Thank whomever if my parents were still alive I have no doubt they would feel violated.

Posted by: KiNeverMo ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 09:12AM

Because some people still believe the church is true even after this revelation, including people affected by this rule. If they strongly believe when the revelation came out, now what do they do? Leave the church they believe is the only way to glory?

Yes, ultimately would be better if people's eyes were opened and they realized truth. But for indoctrinated people, it may not happen. All that will happen is that they will suffer and suffer. They will probably pray and ponderize and still be miserable, see no way around this.

And it's the kids that are gonna suffer, whether they are only allowed on the outskirts of their peers, or taken away from them entirely.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 09:29AM

I don't believe in the LDS church, but it doesn't mean that I stop caring when it promotes what I see as prejudicial treatment against certain children.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 07:47PM

Especially when it markets itself to those less knowledgeable about its history and perversions. Boner.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 07:36AM

First and foremost - discrimination based on race, sexual orientation, gender, marital status -- is unacceptable and the brethren should be held to account.

Having said that, the universal consensus is that everyone should stay away from this cult. Don't stay in it, don't join it, discourage others from joining.

Cults like the cojcolds are toxic to people and their families. Stop taking the poison.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 12:21PM

Sue them? Get serious. They won't even knowingly accept coffee drinkers as members. They can refuse membership to anyone for any reason or no reason, just as you can refuse to remain a member for any reason or no reason.

That "voluntary association" aspect of membership cuts both ways.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 12:26PM

momto15kids Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Okay.........I promise 'll do my best to let this
> dead horse rest in peace. At least for a while.

Well, Mormons like their dead horses running races in Ancient American chariots so I say let dead horses run. The ones that do get to make it into The Celestial Kingdom.

Posted by: sunbeamforjesus ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 02:43PM

i haven't been to church since I moved out of my parents house when I was 18.. only time I've been back is for funerals and like two times because my boyfriend's mother put a guilt trip on the whole family in wanting her family at church with her on mothers day.. so we sat there in the pews gay as f*ck while everyone stared..and we listened to a bunch of kids sing...I told my boyfriend next time I'm going in drag...and not just drag.. but slutty drag...it's been so long now that i have no qualms clopping right in there sitting next to the bishops wife and being like "hey girl"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 03:07PM by sunbeamforjesus.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 07, 2015 02:51PM

There are so many problems with this policy.
What about a gay couple that all ready has children and want to have more. Some are baptised and some are not.
The problem will come up socially where Mormons are together in school, for instance.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.