Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 12:27AM

I just saw the other post about praying about something lost. Was talking to lil sis far away, and her sson's 3 ft snake was missing somewhere. They had looked everywhere, and she was worried as son freaking out a bit.

Well, kitten had been clawing on sofa cushion. but lil sis just sat down and said a prayer asking for help in knowing what to do to find the nice lil snake. She finished and remembered kitten clawing at sofa cushion, pulled it up, and voila!!

Snake was found, kitten happy, son happy, mom happy.

She had to call and tell me, more I think that they found the snake but she did make a deal of praying about it.

Funny.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 12:29AM

this of would of sent me to a hotel !!!!!!, I cannot deal with snakes !!!!!!

Posted by: ghostie ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 12:35AM

The 2 legged snakes are far worse.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 12:29AM

was it a rattle day snake ?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 12:55AM

Date: December 09, 2015 12:32AM

Nah, it was some weird corn snake or something. I've never heard of it myself. Not poisonous or anything. the kittens and snake play with each other too.

Just cracked me up. I used to do the same thing..

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 12:47AM

I have raised Boas & Pythons. Your cat was trying to tell you where the snake was. COOL !!!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 12:56AM

I restrict my python to Monty, thank you.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 11:48AM

Full Monty?

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 12:58AM

maybe these people could help find steve young's lost cousin

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 01:02AM

Hmmmm... Cats eat snakes... I don't think the kitten is playing with the snake. It's trying to learn how to kill it.

Date: December 09, 2015 01:30AM

that's what I meant. I didn't come across right.
The cat was saying; 'Yummy , yummy , yum"!! ( Of course ,
A bigger snack could easily put a cat in it's place.)

I absolutely believe in the power of prayer.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 10:26AM

Cats are not too likely to eat a three foot snake. My mother told a story about a cat whose best friend was a rat and they played together. The cat mourned the rat when the owner of the home killed it.

We had a cat which eventually was virtually toothless but could still catch a bird. It brought one in and let it go - uninjured - just to show his prowess in his old age.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2015 10:27AM by rhgc.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 01:19AM

And the vile serpent come forth.... from the bowels of the couch

Date: December 09, 2015 01:30AM

+1 :-)

Posted by: sunbeamforjesus ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 01:33AM

omg.. wait for it.. she'll be up on the pulpit on FT Meeting spewing this story.. and then finishing up with.. "and that's how I know the church is true"

jeezus christ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2015 01:33AM by sunbeamforjesus.

Posted by: popeyes ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 07:41AM

Wakey wakey. Hands off mr snakey.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 07:56AM

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 08:03AM

'All I want for Christmas is my dog to come back': British girl reunited with pet after letter to Santa Claus

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/british-girl-reunited-blind-dog-letter-santa-claus-article-1.2459656

I mean, snakes are okay and all, really rather cool, but they are lousy at cuddling and their kisses are like yuckoid!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 10:39AM

I kind of got caught in the middle of a conversation in the break room recently and one of my hyper-Christian coworkers was talking about her son praying for the right job to come through (he'd been living with her for a year because he wouldn't take just any job to support himself), and finally he got an offer that was exactly what he'd wanted. God is good. Everyone agreed.

What could I do? Actually I was proud of myself, I didn't say it, I only thought it: "it just really bothers me though that God completely ignores the fact that mothers in South Sudan are made to watch their children being thrown alive into a bon fire and then they are brutally raped, but He will make all the pieces fall into place for some lazy, privileged white person in America to get a job."

But before my tongue started bleeding from my biting it so hard, I picked up my lunch and went back to my office to eat it.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 11:59AM

weirder and weirder...

RB

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 02:14PM

This is the work of Stan because the snake is inherently evil. Stan tempted to her to looked under the couch cushion. Jeebus didn't tell her to do that.

Date: December 09, 2015 09:17PM

Yah, it's kittens that play with the snake. The adult one just walks away. My kitties would catch little snakes and play (eat) with them.

She won't get up in testimony meeting because her son is banned from church until they have some meeting or something (not at the church either since he can't go). She is not a testimony bearer either.

She did tell me today she had already checked there but was planning on checking there later.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.