Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Truth B Told ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 01:26PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 01:30PM

This information comes from a self-reporting survey. My company sent out an email asking us to participate in the survey and say good things about the company.

I expect that the employees of TSCC were pressured by upper management to make the church look good.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 06:49PM

I doubt it. A good majority of people who work for TSCC are ones who could not function in the real world. There's a coffee pot in the break room and they look for the lightening. I'd imagine most people who are the kind that would work there absolutely love it. They can be in cult central 24/7. No one's going to make fun of their religion or ask about their undies.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 01:38PM

A late addition to the article:

Roman salt mine slaves indicated in a survey that they absolutely LOVE working as a slave in the salt mines for the Roman Empire.
At least, that's what they said when surveyed by the Roman Empire, and told that if they didn't say that, they'd be tossed into the Tiber with lead weights tied to them.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 01:44PM

It's the same reason Provo residents claim to be among the happiest, yet take a high amount of anti-depressants.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 02:54PM

Well it WOULD make them happy...no? :)

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 01:52PM

My goodness,

Looking at the other companies on the list, it's somehow difficult to picture TSCC among them. It's almost as if it were an assigned task to respond positively to the survey.

But I am sure that I must be mistaken.

;)

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 01:57PM

I'll give them this: it IS a company. Not a church.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 03:06PM

Levi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll give them this: it IS a company. Not a
> church.

Levi 1, TSCC 0 :)

Posted by: goat ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 02:02PM

I worked as a janitor at the church office building and conference center for a period when I was in college. I found them to be the absolutely worst employer I had ever been with. I don't think that was the market they interviewed though, more the career folk

Posted by: Mscocobongo ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 05:11PM

Please leave a review!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 02:14PM

Think of all the miserable Mormons who claim they belong to the best religion on the planet.

Just like the Mormons who raised me - suffer inside and on the outside let people know how righteous and happy you are.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 02:22PM

*cough* *sputter*

If you don't mind working in a place where morale is very low and sometimes you're dealing with people in tears.

You get the same sort of pressure to be perfect as you do at church.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 02:23PM

Given that the requirements include a temple recommend, it takes a "special" mindset to be there. So it could just be that they ARE happy there.

Deluded, but happy.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 02:33PM

ya, the lds must have been the professionals and upper managers they asked. And yes those up in the hierarchy are very very very happy.

I didn't see my Company on the list which is one of the largest employers in big-box-hell around. But then again most of my coworkers are missing teeth, all on foodstamps, medicade, alcoholics, polygamists (though they'd never admit to that one, lol!).

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 02:43PM

I don't think they're allowed to say they don't love working for the church.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 03:05PM

We should also keep in mind how it is important in the LDS Church to be "happy."

Heaven forbid you are not "happy"--this would indicate that you have sinned, lost the spirit, or have the spirit of contention, which of course is of the devil (aka Stan).

If you are drinking the Kool-aid then everything must be fine. For those who like the conformity and doing "the Lord's work," everyday must be rather gratifying.

But, if a person has a clear-eyed view of what's going on (the lies, the business side, etc.) then I think they would either be miserable or a sociopath. A PR hack, who is fully steeped in all the "issues" about why people leave LDS, Inc., for example, would likely either develop their own concerns, or be in it for themselves to a sickening extent.

Date: December 09, 2015 03:08PM

I believe it is the only company in the list where employees are required to answer personal questions to retain their employment.

You better like it or you are fired.

Posted by: tiredoflies ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 04:48PM

...and surrender 10% of your "increase" to their investment program.

Date: December 10, 2015 06:50AM

Their afterlife and fire insurance benefits package.

Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 04:05PM

North Koreans will say they LOVE living there, and they really love their dear leader......it is the greatest country in the world after all.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 04:37PM

I'm glad to see that my local grocery store HEB made the list. I always have better thoughts there than the morg.

Posted by: tiredoflies ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 04:43PM

VERY close relative worked for TSCC for many years. After years of being berated by GAs for not steering contracts to their family and friends, he left with his testimony in tatters and his opinion of these "great" men forever altered. It was an absolute grinding place to work with so called "men of God" giving differing and contradictory instructions and requirements. GBH was the worst and most demanding and never afraid to publicly berate the staff.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 05:16PM

tiredoflies Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> VERY close relative worked for TSCC for many
> years. After years of being berated by GAs for
> not steering contracts to their family and
> friends,

I for one would love to hear more...

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 04:54PM

For sure, and that's why Joseph Goebbels and Baghdad Bob brag about being baptized vicariously after their deaths is greatest event about their new lives on Kolob.

If you don't believe this, just ask Julie Rowe.

Posted by: Shinehahbeam ( )
Date: December 09, 2015 05:06PM

I know a super-TBM guy that oversees temple construction for TSCC. He LOVES working for the church. He travels all over, they pay him well, etc... However, it was his TBM childhood dream to build temples.

Everyone else I know that works/worked for TSCC hates/hated it. One of them was the EQ president when I left. He worked in IT and was paid pretty well, but he couldn't wait to get out. I suspect that he might be a closeted exmo, but I don't know how to bring it up. He was released from his calling and stopped attending SS and EQ right when he quit his church job.

I know guys that work in translation and printing departments as well, and they're constantly complaining about their jobs. They're paid very little...obviously valued less than SEO experts and designers that are good at burying essays deep in the corner of LDS.org.

Maybe only GA's were polled. They ARE employees that are paid handsomely after all.

Posted by: Ishii ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 07:18AM

Many employers use screen capture and key stroke tracking software on ALL employee machines. I would imagine this is the case at TSCC and I would also expect that most employees would be aware of this. We are tracked at my place of work and they make it abundantly clear to us that they follow everything.

Given the authoritarian, vindictive nature of Mormonism, no employee of TSCC in his or her right might would complete such an online poll in any way other than extreme positive on everything.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 03:57PM

Agree. Mormons are pretty much "scared straight". I cannot imagine Greg Dodge and his fellow workers are enjoying their job. If I were TBM I'd be depressed and if I was doubting I'd be looking for the door.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 12:01PM

Don't you have to be a member of the church and temple worthy to work there? Why even survey church workers when the employer discriminates against all nonmembers?

Posted by: Leo Walsh ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 12:15PM

I know the average Church employee makes shiz compared to most othe companies.

Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 12:24PM

I do not not enjoy working there. It was the nail in the coffin of my testimony. That was 20 years ago.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.