Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 01:08AM

My nevermo wife was waiting outside to pick up our kindergartner at the bus stop this afternoon. She works from our home office and this is one of the benefits. The bus was running late and much to her dismay two delusional young lads came walking into the neighborhood.

After mentally cussing at the bus driver to hurry up she was trapped while as they eventually made their way to her.

"Hello" they said "Could we talk to you about how your family could be together forever?".

My poor trapped but polite wife replied, "I'm sorry but I am not interested in your religion because my husband family is all mormon. We are very happy as we are."

To this their eyes lit up and their excitement started to build. They must of thought she was a prime candidate because of the example of my excellent tbm family.

In a gifted example of a trained response they replied,"What makes you not want to find more happiness?"

This foolish manipulative ploy quickly fired her Latin soul (so sexy BTW). So she began her calmly spoken tirade.

"My husbands family is full of suffering and sorrow. Most of it caused by the ridiculous beliefs. Divorce, neglegence, loneliness, and lies are everywhere in his family. They have pushed him out and will never accept him, me or my children."

"My husband also served a foreign mission where the stories he tells make me cry. Starvation, abuse, living in squalor, rocks and stones thrown at him, and constant lies and manipulation was his experience."

As my wife continued their expressions fell and depression sank in. One of them was chubby and patted his belly at the mention of starvation.

My wife then continued, "Do you see that house over there? That is my house. Don't ever knock there. My husband will answer the door and he will not be as nice as me."

Defeated they inquired if she knew anyone in the neighborhood who would be interested.

She replied, "We have recently moved in and don't know our neighbors."

Finally the calvary arrived and the yellow school bus came to a stop. At my wife's glare of annoyance toward the bus driver for being late, the bus driver mouthed "I'm sorry".

I arrived home from a day full of exhausting meetings to hear this story. At the end she suggested that she was craving some good Chinese food. How could I deny her something so small no matter how tired I was? We quickly packed the boys up and went out. She was soon comforted for her ordeal by excellent food and some lovely green tea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 01:16AM

That's just the best story ever!
Those guys were served!

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 01:22AM

Awesome lady! Typical missionaries!

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 02:04AM

She should have looked at them & said "Why YES...my wife & I would love, love, LOVE to have you come & teach us how our family can be happy. In fact...we have an 8 yr old who is read to be baptized . We would LOVE TO BE THE 1ST married lesbians in town to be baptized in your church.

( Tell your wife to remember this the next time they approach her. Also, tell her to tell'em that if she & her wife & the 8 yr old can't be baptized on the same day , that they will sue the living hell right out of the mormon church.)

TRUST ME........Y'all will NEVER be bothered again !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2015 08:41AM by momto15kids.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 10:17AM

momto15kids Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She should have looked at them & said "Why
> YES...my wife & I would love, love, LOVE to have
> you come & teach us how our family can be happy.
> In fact...we have an 8 yr old who is read to be
> baptized . We would LOVE TO BE THE 1ST married
> lesbians in town to be baptized in your church.

Excellent! :)

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 12:35PM

I was thinking the same response. If people want to shut mormon missionaries down and not be bothered by them, simply say you are in a same-sex relationship. End of conversation.

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 01:52PM

dk Wrote:
> I was thinking the same response. If people want
> to shut mormon missionaries down and not be
> bothered by them, simply say you are in a same-sex
> relationship. End of conversation.

I knew someone who said a similar thing once (straight but claimed to be lesbian) to get rid of JW mishies. It worked!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 04:39AM

Your story made my day!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 04:41AM

My nevermo wife says to them "Gosh Elders I bet you look sexy in your garmies!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2015 04:43AM by matt.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 05:38AM

The missionaries are always shocked when people are on to what they are selling.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 08:46AM

"Defeated they inquired if she knew anyone in the neighborhood who would" be interested."

Boys, what part of "FU[k 0Ff" do you not understand?

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 10:04AM

+1. This is what I was thinking. Is there anything as clueless as a Mormon?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 11:56AM

Your wife rocks, bro! My Catholic wife has never had to confront Mormon mishies on our front step (they don't venture out here in the sticks) but I'd love to watch her performance if they ever showed up.

Ron Burr

Date: December 10, 2015 03:23PM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
> Your wife rocks,

I have to say I agree with you on that one.

Perhaps I'll tell a few stories of her shutting down my TBM sisters over the years.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 12:04PM

Everything that needs to be said. I loved reading that.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 06:04PM

I am amazed at the opening line of these missionaries. How rude and arrogant to approach a complete stranger with a question like that, as if to assume the person doesn't already believe they will be with their family forever. It is very off-putting.

What ever happened to the line, "what do you know about the mormon church?" "Would you like to know more"? Oh, right, the internet has let people know quite a bit about the mormon church and they sure do NOT want to know more!

Date: December 10, 2015 06:09PM

Straight out of the MTC handbook for street contacting. They we're teaching that almost 20 years ago when I went through.

I never used it as I thought the same thing.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 06:28PM

After all that they asked for referals? Her answer should have been, "We just moved here. Do you want all my neighbors to hate me when they find out I sent Mormons to their home?"

Date: December 10, 2015 07:57PM

I wrote a letter 15 years ago when I left the mormon church and hand delivered it to the YSA Bishop. He ignored it.

They tracked me down at every single place we moved too my for 12 years. Thanks Mom & Dad!

About 4 years ago we had a ultra idiot missionary decide to harass us. They went around to all of our neighbor's informing them that I was a member and if they wanted to learn more. I cornered the little ass and threatened an legal action for defamation. He almost crapped his pants.

A year later the local Bishop turned up at my doorstep. I informed him I had resigned years ago in letter and any further harassment would resukt in legal action. He said, "You have to write a letter." I glared him down and said "No I don't.". Three weeks later I got the emancipation letter.

Posted by: Slumbering Minstrel ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 08:32PM

Another good response:

https://youtu.be/8CTt2W-ntW8

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 12:00PM

Why would someone who has just finished a list of problems with their church want to recommend a neighbor to join the misery?

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 02:18PM

I would have laughed and asked what 20 year old virgin boys know about happiness.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 02:19PM

Every time I read this topic line, I want it to be a true crime story... a kinky true crime story...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.