Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Battle-Ax ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 01:24AM

Ok so my daughter comes back form the ward Christmas party last Saturday fairly early. I ask her why and she said it was no fun an boring. She went on to say that before the festivities they had everyone help clean the church and were told the more everyone helped the faster it would be finished. Then she said they had stupid games and bad food and so she left. I looked at her and said the toilet needs cleaning before dinner. Never got a response as she walked away. What is wrong with these dumb ass leaders, have they no brains if they have any hope of surviving and keeping the youth. Keep it up brothers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 01:37AM

Tell your daughter that I would've left with her. Why didn't ALL of the members just turn & walk the hell out of there.
Excuss my language...but them having the members clean the frickin' building before a lame ass christmas party is total bullshit.
But wait a minute !!! You mean to tell me your daughter didn't like the funeral potatos & the casseroles after all that !! Where is her gratitude ?!! J/K !!! I wish I WOULD have been there. I would've looked at her & said " Ya want to go to Golden Coral ? It'll be my treat " !!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2015 01:43AM by momto15kids.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 01:41AM

Anyone who treats children like that at a Christmas party should tithed and hornswoggled. Oh wait, they are.

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 02:26AM

That wasn't on the invitation?

Merry Toilet Cleaning! Let the fun begin...
Door prize: Toilet brushes in holiday colors!

THEN: After everyone cleans the grimy, smelly, germ infested church, POT LUCK! Where everyone will touch the food and utensils after toilet cleaning.

Fun holiday games:

Guess the expired food storage, or leftovers in the inedible casseroles!
Winner gets to skip serving Jesus (cleaning bathrooms) next week.

Baby Jesus nativity: Toss baby Jesus doll into the basketball hoops in the gym. First outside 3 point shot wins a framed proclamation on the family, with new stipulations about not blessing babies of gay members. That's what Jesus would do, Christ-like shunning of innocent babies and loving families.

Jesus is the reason for the season. Happy Holidays!

Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 02:45AM

That is terrible Battle-Ax, but good! Young people are not going to put up with lackluster "parties". Mormons used to have much better events years ago. What happened? Is it all about being too cheap to fund them?

I found this description of a bad ward Christmas party on Babycenter:

"We had ours Saturday and it was horrible. It was a breakfast which we hadn't done before. There was no Santa, no singing, no nativity, no decorations, no message. We came we ate, we cleaned up, and left. It was also poorly attended."

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a60376843/what_is_your_ward_xmas_party_like?cpg=2

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 06:05PM

Sounds like there is also no budget. All the money is heading straight to the Church Office Building. Anything left over...... Well, there just isn't anything left over, ever.

If LDS, Inc. wants to stay afloat they better let the wards keep some of their cash or they will all be over at the protestant church next Sunday where there is coffee and Christmas treats all through December! Just wait until that gets around.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 02:31AM

Pooped Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like there is also no budget (for local ward activities).
> All the money
> is heading straight to the Church Office Building.
> Anything left over...... Well, there just isn't
> anything left over, ever.

Well, what could be expected ? -that money would be flowing the other direction? that existent profit funds from that 5 billion dollar mall that still needs to be paid for would be flowing into the church and then be distributed out to local wards? funny how that works. (MORmON) Jesus (inc) has a 5 billion dollar mall with a convertible roof......that needs to be subsidized, piss on the small time partying for Jesus' B day that might be done on the local level at local ward houses .... that need to be cleaned. Now, unless you are going to write out another offering check, grab yourself a broom or a mop or a toilet brush and get busy.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 06:11AM

Date: December 10, 2015 04:57PM

+1 My sentiments EXACTLY !!!!

Date: December 10, 2015 08:39AM

the young women came over to our house for their 1'ce a year Christmas caroling with the yukky banana bread & invited us to the ward "Christmas Breakfast " on Saturday morning. (Nooo , we are NOT going. Smiled at them & said "sure" thru our teeth.)
They said "Please come , we're having pancakes & sausage". Oh goodie-goodie. (I'd rather stay home & have pancakes & sausge. I like the company & home a helluva lot better ).

I said oh my hell in the subject line , because : Is THIS what the cheapo church is doing this year instead of the usual stupid dinner/program ???

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2015 04:58PM by momto15kids.

Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 05:18PM

Our family has missed out on such fun activities for the last several years but this year it was intentional. In the past we have found the food tasteless and the company stressful. This started when we attended, arriving 15 minutes early and finding no seating. KFC was only a wee bit out of our way so we had that for our Christmas dinner and it's been a tradition since.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 05:33PM

Who in their rational mind invites people to a party and then does a bait-and-switch of having them clean? Rhetorical question, we know the answer, and they don't have rational minds.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 06:00PM

Very insightful! LDS, Inc. is now resorting to trickery to get the meeting house cleaned. The propaganda they spread tells a story of grateful members doing the work out of gratitude and expecting eventual blessings. Guess it's taking a little more creativity to trick the sheeple these days.

I love these stories. The frustration and discontent with ole Joe's secret club is growing hourly.

Posted by: Mason ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 08:38PM

That's a bigger buzz kill than... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f68VXKMZT1Q

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: December 10, 2015 08:54PM

"I looked at her and said the toilet needs cleaning before dinner. Never got a response as she walked away."

That was a witty response to the situation but I guess your daughter was feeling too *crappy* to laugh.

: ) : (

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 11, 2015 01:30AM

Yah, but when she left early, she eliminated her chance to participate in the POST party building clean up.
She is just not availing herself to all that THE MORmON church has to offer.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.