Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: December 14, 2015 04:23PM

I had a terrible, sobering thought. I'm sorry to say that my wife would, almost certainly, do Joseph Smith if he told her to. Probably one of the current GAs.

Why would I say such a hateful thing? Because she is a good person, and a moral person in almost every way, but she can rationalize any immoral thing the LDS church does. She follows her conscience until it clashes with the church, and then she finds a way to follow the church.

I really think the Nancy Rigdons (who rejected Joseph's advances) of Mormonism are few and far between.

And women, what would your TBM husband do if Joseph told him to take another wife and lie to you about it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: December 14, 2015 06:40PM

If he was instructed by the church, my TBM husband would take another wife, no question about it.

I asked him once what he would do if the prophet asked him for consent to marry our daughters into polygamy. There was a long pause. He said it would be hard, but he would have to have faith that it was the right thing. It was hard for me to see that he would even consider it.

I try not to bring subjects like this up with my husband much anymore. It's just too discouraging and painful to see how the church has indoctrinated him. He really is a good-hearted man who the church takes advantage of.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 14, 2015 08:24PM

I'm sure she would but she'd be disappointed wth his flaccidness. The Boner

Posted by: funeral taters ( )
Date: December 14, 2015 08:45PM

So glad I'm not in a cult anymore. My nevermo wife would tell those wrinkly old.fucks to go to hell.

Posted by: Anon-B ( )
Date: December 14, 2015 09:03PM

I once asked my TBM wife, hypothetically, if Bednar were to show up at our door saying that God commanded him to marry our 10 year old daughter (at 10 not in the future), would she allow it. Her response was not surprising. "If he requested to marry her, I'm certain that it was because God told him to." My response was that he'd be lucky if he made it off my front porch able to walk. That response earned me scorn for a week...and an extra week when I told her that she'd be happier living in Colorado City/Hilldale.

The bigger point is that I couldn't believe that an adult would actually allow their own daughter to be put in that situation. I was truly disgusted but honestly not surprised. Sad..

Posted by: siflbiscuit ( )
Date: December 15, 2015 01:57AM

If the prophet had shown up at my door while I was TBM and told me he was commanded to marry me, I'd have told him to go fornicate with himself. No thanks!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 15, 2015 12:00PM

My wife has said she wouldn't. Unfortunately, this "test" will never happen but if it did, I might get her out.

Posted by: 2thdoc ( )
Date: December 15, 2015 12:12PM

I don't have any doubt that my TBM wife would. The only upside would be, as byuboner pointed out, that she would finally realize that she's got it pretty good being married to me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.