Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: December 16, 2015 04:18PM

Since Christmas is next Friday and morg chapels are closed on Christmas eve/ Christmas Day!?? Unlike other churches that will be open on those days.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Exmo Aspie ( )
Date: December 16, 2015 04:27PM

They're open on Christmas! sundays that is.............

Posted by: False Doctrine ( )
Date: December 16, 2015 07:43PM

I believe this is the Sunday they will normally talk about Joseph Smiths birthday.

Posted by: gheco ( )
Date: December 16, 2015 07:48PM

My guess is that end-of-year tithing settlements and end-of-month home/visiting teaching getting much more pulpit time.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: December 16, 2015 08:32PM

Like that's more important than celebrating Christ's birthday. Stupid money grubbing cult!

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: December 17, 2015 12:54AM

All the required Christmas negotiating has to be over and done early in December at our local ward because we live in a university town. The students have pretty much all left town by this date. The rest of the ward bails as well. So from mid-December until January 1st there is'nt much church activity at all let alone Christmas observation. The corporate directives have all been obeyed. Christmas Day has no meaning whatsoever. Ward House will be locked tight.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: December 17, 2015 02:00AM

I'm not Mormon anymore, but from what I remember, they don't do much about Christmas, as they focus more on tithing settlement and Joseph Smith's birthday. While other churches focus on the birth of Christ, the Morg's buildings will be tightly locked, and the lights off.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: December 17, 2015 08:56AM

The Sunday before Christmas is always about how wonderful the pervert Joseph Smith was. You know all of the GA's have the blood of Jesus in their veins. What a crock full of shlt. It will be all about Joseph Smith and nothing about Jesus.

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: December 17, 2015 03:48PM

I feel like Jesus is slowly being correlated out of the approved literature. He's being replaced with "The Atonement."

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: December 17, 2015 03:49PM

They've already sent out their Christmas Card with a picture of Jesus on it. They've covered that base. Merry Smithmas!!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 17, 2015 10:27PM

barely, says the boards resident nudist (G!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2015 10:28PM by GNPE.

Posted by: celeste ( )
Date: December 18, 2015 05:54PM

In passing, perhaps. But only to remind the congregation how much they suck, and how they had to be atoned for.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.