Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 18, 2015 01:19PM

Okay, I know, it was actually Heber J. Grant who got this one wrong.

I was getting over the last of this flu, and rather than Marley's ghost, the shade of J. Golden Kimball appeared to me instead.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-nutrition/0310/9-healthy-reasons-to-drink-coffee.aspx?xid=aol_eh-skin_3_20150126_&aolcat=HLT&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D-1054276841

I know I used to drink it with too much sugar, and I probably paid the price, but nowadays I do Industrial Strength Folgers with a splash of milk and some Splenda.

And speaking of Uncle Golden, there might be merit for many to add a jigger of whiskey or other "flavoring" as well.

Strictly for medicinal purposes, of course...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: December 18, 2015 01:31PM

Ah yes, Uncle Golden.....who else would account for your particular streak of perversity?

Posted by: Calico ( )
Date: December 18, 2015 11:43PM

There is nothing like a nice hot cup of coffee in the morning. All the good things about it like we know, plus it just starts my day right.

Yep, those that dismissed coffee for 'religious' reasons were/are SO out of sinc with the health benefits if provides. Plus it is so pleasant and flavorful.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: December 18, 2015 11:55PM

When I first met up with a group of exmormons at the Starbucks in American Fork years ago, I was in my 50's and had just started to drink coffee. Now the best part of my morning is a cup of hot coffee and the newspaper. The sense of well being that I get from that little ritual is so much more rewarding than just about anything else. Just think--I didn't get to enjoy that for most of my life because of TSCC.

Posted by: SimonS ( )
Date: December 19, 2015 12:05AM

It gets even better...coffee doesn't get cold in hell

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 12:13AM by SimonS.

Posted by: cognitivedissonance ( )
Date: December 19, 2015 12:23AM

I look forward to a warm cup every morning. I remember reading from my Grandmothers Journal, coffee in the morning.

The church makes really stupid policies for the soul purpose of coerced obedience.

TSCC can practice cult behaviors their way, I'll have my Cup of Coffee my way.

Posted by: Still Lurking ( )
Date: December 19, 2015 02:13AM

I started drinking coffee on November 1 of this year. OMG...now I look forward to mornings.

Posted by: theviking ( )
Date: December 20, 2015 12:50PM

I've had a cup of coffee here or there over the past few years but I had coffee at my friend's place when I stayed there for a few days and I really liked it. Makes me almost want to start making it myself.

I had an iced coffee in Moab and it was amazing. the ice cubes were frozen coffee so it didn't dilute. Now that was nice.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.