Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: December 19, 2015 09:51AM

The most recent attack buy crazy Muslims have finally caused the greater Muslim population to come together to not only condemn these nutty acts but to finally try and stop the radicals from within their own groups and sub groups from promoting and acting in this obscene way. The way of attacking and killing people of no particular bent tword or against Muslims.

I can not find words strong enough to express how inferior I find the Mormon mind. I can not find words strong enough to condem the actions of most of the Mormons in Utah as those actions relate to their neighbors on a day to day basis. From dirty dirty cops to pedophiles, to business cheats.

When will the core of the Mormon church stand up and proclaim that at its heart the Mormon church not only propagates but supports these behaviors because of some insecure complex.

In other words when will the small number of Mormons who actually think for themselves stand up in mass and say enough!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: December 19, 2015 10:05AM

It is a cult Bert and they are powerful masters. I know DOZENS of powerful intelligent people that are caught up in Mormonism. They are all types of personalities, but all successful and bright. Some with Ivy League educations and all of them would let any one or any thing pull the wool over their eyes... Except Mormonism.

Many who do come to the conclusion Mormonism is not what it claims will stay and suffer in silence the rest of their lives because they believe if they stop attending they will lose their families, friends, social status and for some even their employment or employment advancement.

I don't know much about Islam, but I know Mormonism.

Date: December 19, 2015 12:02PM

Great there are "Mass Resignation Days" and there is the Ex- Mo conference. But what if enough of the disaffected came together, issued a press release, did the press, and then waited to see what would happen.

I come here as a lifelong non member because I'm tired of the damage the Mormons cause in society. I compare the Mormons to Nazis and North Koreans. The Mormons fit better in those groups than they do in mainstream society. Those two mentioned were and are mainstream for their own exsistance. One was overthrown the other will Impload.

I'm simply saying that if enough people coolest around the idea that Mormonism has to go. It would finish it's self implosion faster.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: December 19, 2015 12:11PM

"I can not find words strong enough to express how inferior I find the Mormon mind."

I find this phrase of yours, Bert, to be resounding. It really strikes a chord with me. The thing with the indoctrination is that you don't really own your own mind anymore. You go against your own best interests, and worse, you allow someone else to interpret your own morality.

Date: December 19, 2015 12:26PM

If you tell a Mormon "The sun rises in the East." The Mormon will tell you that their "Prophet" has told them that it raises in the South. If you then stand with a Mormon and face East and watch the sun rise. The Mormon has been conditioned to immediately identify you as not only evil but as someone who is less than you.

No conversation. No point of interest. Just flat out black and white. In the mean time society moves forward. And Mormons just raise their voices louder for no other reason than to be heard.

Examples.

1. Mo-Tab. This is not Americas quire. This is a group of people who can sing and have a lot of money behind them. But America has a very bad taste in its mouth about Mormons. So the Mormons just raise their voice.

2. BYU. More over BYU sports fans. The obnoxious ones. These are no doubt hard core Mormons. They know they have been discounted as a group. They just raise their voice buy acting like assholes at sporting events. It's odd they feel this makes them cool. But all it does is reafirm the one constant everybody knows about Mormons. 2 plus 2 equals five if you shout it loud enough. And repeat it enough.

Theses behaviors corrode a civilized society. And they are significant example of inferior minds.

Posted by: Dale B ( )
Date: December 19, 2015 05:47PM

Bert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you tell a Mormon "The sun rises in the East."
> The Mormon will tell you that their "Prophet" has
> told them that it raises in the South.

Back in the 1980s I got into a strange discussion
with an associate Geography prof at Weber State.
At one point in our talk he mentioned that the
sun rose from a much different point on the earth's
horizon, "back in Nephite times."

I suppose he was trying to paraphrase some LDS
apologist's attempt at reconciling Book of Mormon
textual anomalies with the astronomy of our Reality.

At any rate, he botched the attempt rather badly
and I reminded him that the Nephite directional
oddity he was referring to would have happened
during historical times, and would thus have been
noticed by people around the globe -- which it was
not, and therefore his Mormon argument was hogwash.

Still... This was an "all but dissertation" PhD
teaching physical geography, including some elements
of basic solor system astronomy and human history.

How man Mormonism warp the mind of an intelligent
teacher, to the point that he argues that the sun
rises "in the South," or some such utter crap?

It's worse than mental illness, by several orders
of magnitude...

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: January 14, 2016 07:23PM

Just like many people will come down on an issue from a gut reaction and then use their intellect defending it, Mormon defend- the-tribe reaction is the same. It becomes all about winning the debate. (Spent alot of time in the Weber State Geology department myself in the 80's.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2016 07:48PM by druid.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 19, 2015 12:56PM

There minds are controlled by their cult in areas that deal with the ideas you've suggested.

Some Mormon can think on the job or choose a purchase without depending on church control. But at the same time, they can't open up and clearly see the harm they do in society. If they catch glimmers of it, they think it's necessary because the ends justify the means and obeying God means sometimes being a staunch enough to hold to rod no matter what.

Posted by: TDM ( )
Date: December 19, 2015 01:04PM

The vast majority of mormons are already doing that. Most mormons are inactive, and a number have resigned too, and a number are also "New Order Mormons" who may still attend church but will criticise the church when criticism is justified, and there are mormon feminists, etc. too. Add to all that you've got closet disbelievers who may not openly condemn bad things about the church, but condemn them in their own minds.

Out of the 15 million mormons, if you subtract all those described above, you're probably left with 1-2 million. And out of those you never know who will change their minds and attitudes over time, since most of us were TBMs once upon a time, so current TBMs could become like us one day.

Posted by: BoydPackerDiedForYour Sins ( )
Date: December 20, 2015 04:25PM

As Ex-Mo's are, TBM's may become
As TBM's are, Ex-Mo's once were...

The thinking has been done...

Posted by: wondercat ( )
Date: January 14, 2016 06:30PM

Thanks! My first real laugh of the day!

Date: December 19, 2015 01:11PM

O.K. TDM. I see your point. And it plays to what im saying in this respect. If there are, and I believe there are that many dis affected Mormons. And if I understand correctly a good number of these folks are quite upset. Then why don't they, in mass, stand together and put the final nail in the coffin.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 19, 2015 02:17PM

I'm not seeing Muslims stand up and condemn the Quran which is the source of justification for the radicalization. They don't get to keep it as a holy book and then complain about people who actually do what it says.

Until they repudiate the justification of the radicalized behavior, they are enablers, IMO.

Before anyone complains, I feel the same about the Bible and Mormon "standard works" as well.

The problem is, the holy writs are full of contradictory information for people to cherry pick and justify anything they want.

If you are so conditioned that you have to pray 5 times a day facing a certain direction with your butt in the air, I say ask yourself how you justify complaining about other Muslims being conditioned to follow clear instructions from the holy writ.

I'm saying this tongue in cheek partially. I don't see Mormons behaving any differently. A few speak out about people who cherry pick differently from their interpretation but they go right on endorsing the source of the problems. I'm sure to them the benefits of the religion and cultural identity outweigh actually owing up to the source and justification for the radicalization.

If you want to change the religion, remove and disavow that crap they insist is divinely inspired. (I know. It can't be done. Not gonna happen.) You're just supposed to ignore the parts of the books, teachings and history that are embarrassing.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: December 19, 2015 03:36PM

I never really thought about the praying 5x a day facing east before. That is cultish. It's stuff like that, which interferes with daily activities, and requires a person to stop what they are doing and bring their attention back to their religion, that takes over their mind and their lives.

I never realized how many prayers were required in Mormonism until I left, and I stopped doing them. Shouldn't a person fundamentally have the right to decide when and how they need to communicate with their deity? Why would their deity care to hear from them so many times a day?

I agree that once someone gets in the mindset that they have to jump through a bunch of unnecessary hoops, they'll be more likely to just keep following orders.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 20, 2015 03:25PM

They already did. They took a stand against the blacks when the blacks were second class and disadvantaged members of society, then that arrangement fell apart. So LDS Inc/ Gordon Hinckley arranged to have an NBA team come to Utah in order to improve Utah's racist image. NOW MORmONISM is the best friend and best advocate that black folks have ever had !!! just ask a MORmON!

They took a stand against hippies in the 1960's, then they had one come do a freebie concert that they sponsored about 50 years later, to boost their image.

They took a stand against homosexuals when the homosexuals were disadvantaged members of society. Then that arrangement fell apart.

Then LDS Inc attacked the children of homosexuals, and that deal.........

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: December 20, 2015 03:47PM

They took a stand against women. That one is still working for them. Until the men who are fathers and husbands stand up and say "no more", the control the church has over their women will continue.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 20, 2015 03:59PM

(Correct. Thanks for fleshing that out.)

This is THE message from THE (MORmON) church: IF a person or group is already downtrodden and /or vulnerable, do not worry, it wont be long before LDS Inc arrives on the scene to pound down the already disadvantaged even further, as long as MORmONISM can get away with it, in the name of god and THE MORmON cause.

Posted by: wkawaka ( )
Date: January 14, 2016 03:28PM

Hoot

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 14, 2016 03:51PM

Bert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In other words when will the small number of
> Mormons who actually think for themselves stand up
> in mass and say enough!

Mormons don't have mass -- that's the Catholics :)

The small number of mormons who think for themselves are standing up -- they're leaving the cult.

Posted by: Oregonboy ( )
Date: January 14, 2016 04:02PM

Exmormons need some big time celebrity to become disaffected and for the rest of us to rally behind that person. Expose the REAL truth. Time is on our side..it will happen. Mormonism is based on a fraud..and when the right person gets burned by the lies...they will step up.

Posted by: Rusty Shackleford ( )
Date: January 15, 2016 01:11AM

Aside from Gladys Knight, who can the Mormons really count as a "celebrity"?

(No, the Osmonds don't count.)

Posted by: The Tare ( )
Date: January 14, 2016 05:52PM

Bert Wrote:

> I can not find words strong enough to express how
> inferior I find the Mormon mind.

Maybe because you've never had the experience of being indoctrinated/mind controlled since birth?

I can not find
> words strong enough to condem the actions of most
> of the Mormons in Utah as those actions relate to
> their neighbors on a day to day basis.

"Most" is unfair. I lived in Utah and they are not all nasty people. Yes, there are definitely those who are and it seems hypocritical, but that is a little black and white.

> In other words when will the small number of
> Mormons who actually think for themselves stand up
> in mass and say enough!

Lots of us are right now...I predict it will continue.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 15, 2016 12:09AM

"In other words when will the small number of Mormons who actually think for themselves stand up in mass and say enough!" (OP)

Well - those who can think for themselves leave eventually.

As for the stuck brainwashed remainder -
Would they be distressed by the described behavior?
Would they even see it in the first place?

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: January 15, 2016 01:33AM

Because, anyone who is silent and "goes along" to save the family or whatever reason, is condoning Mormonism. Whoever follows, is following EVIL. Mormons are lead by JS, who everyone (now) knows committed very wicked acts. Mormons claim liars to be "Prophets of God"--known liars at the pulpit, like GBH. They honor John Huntsman, who is one of the major polluters of Planet Earth. Mormonism is a MLM BUSINESS, not a spiritual church. They value money. If they truly valued their family, they would save their family, and not allow the Mormons to take over parental roles, separate the children from the parents for brainwashing sessions. I do not understand how any loving parent could possibly put the cult first, and sacrifice their child to a mission or a lifetime of church servitude and abuse. My children were being physically abused by Mormon leaders, when I took them out of there. I took them out, the second I found out about the abuse.

These Mormon follow-alongs KNOW the truth, and still keep throwing their children under the bus--for their job, their popularity, their networking, their superstitions and traditions.

Going along quietly to keep the peace within the family must be gut-wrenching to a person with any scruples at all. Such a person also lacks courage. It takes great courage to overthrow any kind of evil cult or group. If you expect Mormons to stand up--you are expecting too much of them. They are entrenched in their cult, and have been brainwashed that evil is good. How opposite can they be?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.