Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ScrewedUpBeyondBelief ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 12:01PM

Yes. Underwear.

Can you believe it?

This mind*uck of a church has me actually posting on a forum about something that is boring to the rest of the world but for some reason in Mormondumb its a big deal.

Underwear.

I grew up wearing the basic tighty whities. Hanes. Loved them.

Had to graduate to dumbass garments. Always hated them. HATED. And I was even TBM.

Now that i've seen the light and realize that i've been completely lied to for most of my life i've had no problem ditching the stupid garments. I've returned back to the underwear of my more youthful years even though I suppose they aren't popular current fad. I don't care.

ANd this is so gawdamned pathetic that an adult is posting on a bulletin board about underwear because it makes him feel free.

GAWD WHAT A MIND*UCK THE LAST TWO DECADES HAVE BEEN!

Unapologetically yours,
Butthugger lover

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 12:08PM

there is no way that you hate those damn things more than I do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-w0caqMGsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75malIL-R6k

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 12:16PM

It is amazing. At ex-Mormon gatherings, it is an interesting cultural observation that complete strangers will start talking about underwear in a matter of minutes of meeting each other. What other organization creates such craziness?

Lots of newbies. Welcome!

Totally unrelated to the original post:
Sigh... need to get back to work. I don't believe I have posted 2x in one day in the past few years. Retirement got delayed for a couple of months by a request from a client and I am tired of looking at electrical drawings at the moment.

Posted by: BeginningOut ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 12:36PM

My husband and I recently discovered the church to not be true. We decided it would be disrespectful to continue wearing the garments for even another day, as it IS offensive to members and we would like to respect that.

This is when we discovered that my husband LITERALLY OWNED NO UNDERWEAR. That moment shocked me.

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 12:42PM

Tidy whities? Terrible.

If you can find them the batman and superman ones are really cool.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 03:38PM

Boxers are so much superior. Help eliminate jock itch, even. Increase sperm count.

Posted by: oneflewwest ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 03:46PM

Is it Tidy whities or Tighty Whities? I always thought it was Tighty Whities due to how tight they were on my junk.

Posted by: Cahomegrown ( )
Date: December 30, 2015 03:24PM

The True and Most Correct term is....
Whitey Tighties

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 01:07PM

LOL. I know. Where else do you discuss something as simple as how fun it is to choose your own underwear. Gawd, I hated that those effin buttugly things. I don't think about it anymore, I just wear what's comfy. But in the beginning it was the best part of my day--choosing the undies. And OMG, wearing black. That was the best.

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 01:13PM

I've never cared much about choosing my underwear.

Choosing my wife's however, has turned into a lifelong passion. :-)

Posted by: happydecemberween ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 01:31PM

Truth. Nothing can ruin the mood with the wife like stripping her down to her Jeezus Jammies. Anyone ever hear of LDS women still wearing normal panties over the G's to be "sexy"? dafuq did we all do to ourselves to warp our minds into this nonsense.

Posted by: cognitivedissonance ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 01:32PM

Boxer/Briefs Bought my first pair at Costco to kind of practice sizing, style and comfort.

Strange that something so personal is so foreign to me. Shopping for Underwear and my First wet dream share a common theme. Exploring my personal body functions or fit of the most personal of clothing isn't something we talk about over coffee or at the water cooler. We explore through experimentation.

Pawing through the cacophony of underwear choices gives rise to anxiety and confusion. I don't know what I would like until I have sampled all of the variations. I need information that only my body can give me. How can I choose when I don't know what to choose. My Mother always bought my underwear. She bought boxers since that was the closest thing to Garments. Her expectation was that I wouldn't have a huge transition to Garments by wearing boxers.

Like any initial foray into the unknown, I turn to the internet. I pose the question, "what is your favorite underwear". Wow! now there is Designer Underwear to choose from too. I see from the many posts, fit is the most preferred.

In my Garment days, wearing Short pants was sometimes embarrassing. My garments would hang down below the cuff or really creep out when I sat down. With Boxers, it is almost pleasant to see the colorful and showy underwear. I like the loose and comfortable fit but also like the snugness of briefs. I am currently exploring my preferences with Boxer/Briefs.

What an auspicious moment when you can say "I don't like that, but I do like this". Exploring this experience, being totally new to me is like my first wet dream. Exploring something that most of the world would consider mundane, almost embarrassing. Oh the challenges we must face in light of the world who've lived through a moment of time and moved on, wiser and better for it.

We are mere infants in a world of wisdom. So much suppression, so much more to learn.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 01:50PM

Try going commando sometimes, very liberating! The Boner.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 02:24PM

Sounds silly, but I'm sincere.

Posted by: tomie ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 06:24PM

I don't know any other faith that tells its members what type of underwear to wear. I'm glad I never went to the temple.

Posted by: amiable ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 06:33PM

Do bras go over or under?

Posted by: tomie ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 07:59PM

In young women they taught us they go under the bra because the garmet has to be the closest thing touching your skin. You weren't supposed to hem or alter the garment in anyway if it was too long either.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 08:13PM

My DW thought it was that way but it seemed absurd to me so I asked the DC Temple president and he said it did not matter, which I communicated to DW. Since I had trouble with the garmies causing a rash (and I know others who also had that problem) I also inquired about that and got the opinion that one could wear something under the garmies! Yahoo! Obviously, you can wear whatever you choose so long as you ask the question the right way. I'm good at that.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 06:39PM

ROCKY MOUNTAIN SURF SHIRTS have never touched my bod. I wore JC Penney undies until switching to Canadian made Stanfields last summer....love 'em...so does my package.

Ron Burr

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 07:45PM

We have to agree... the following production is a passable attempt at gilding the temple garment turd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqMfsmi3OJA

How not to admire the inspired choice of a John Travolta identical twin as apologist for their holy underwear doctrine?

He pounds home reasons why Morons should pay deep in the purse over a lifetime for Freemasonic skivvies.

What... you goyim think embroidered long-johns come cheap?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 10:05PM

For couples leaving TSCC together,I suggest that they sit down at the computer and bring up various vendors' sites on underwear. Check out the basic department stores, Victoria Secret,* Brooks Brothers, and others. Sierra Trading Post is a neat discount place, and often has intimate apparel.

The point is, you two should --TOGETHER -- look over things that appeal to your comfort, your passions, and your pocket book.

"That's cute!"
"A little to skimpy for me, this looks comfy and sexy..."
"You'd look good in this. Maybe in red?"

You know--love talk. Have a romantic time making the break. You're creating new memories.

*I'm not an expert on this, but I've seen various ladies' posts that Victoria's Secret is poor quality and over priced. But they have the gold standard for sexy advertising.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: December 29, 2015 10:15PM

How I avoided Mormon underwear, a Mormon mission, a Mormon life.

Although I was BIC, I became an atheist at age 14. I gradually went inactive. By age 16 I quit going to meetings. So I never went to the Temple, never had garments, never went on a mission. Excuse me if I sprain my shoulder while patting myself on the back, but I am proud of my intelligence. Tomorrow I turn 74, and my most recent 60 years have not been messed up by the Mormon Cult.

Posted by: zero ( )
Date: December 30, 2015 01:44PM

Well done!

I got out after my waste-of-time mission. At least I saved a lot tithing and personal time since then! (But I kind of kick myself because I would have been two years closer to retirement if I'd figured it out earlier!)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.