Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 03:21PM

Sheesh...it sucks...who needs MORE pepper???

ME...that's who!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: enigma ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 03:22PM

Late 30's for me and I like it!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 03:27PM

My goatee is almost all white, but my eyebrows and hair still have a lot of black in them. I didn't start showing any 'graying' until my late 50s. I mostly try not to think about it...

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 09:19PM

Olddog is a sexy devil...

Date: January 04, 2016 09:35PM

You're very sweet to say that, especially after tweezering out all my ear hair, which has got to be ever so sexy an experience.

Date: January 04, 2016 09:51PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're very sweet to say that, especially after
> tweezering out all my ear hair, which has got to
> be ever so sexy an experience.

It's foreplay Baby.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 10:37PM

Get a room, you two!

Date: January 04, 2016 10:40PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Get a room, you two!

;)

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 03:32PM

I started getting some gray/white hairs in my 40s. I'm in my 60s now. What hair I have left on my head is about 40% gray. My beard is 90% gray/white but my mustache is about 90% brown. Eyebrows are about 50-50.

Date: January 04, 2016 03:35PM

/silliness

I'm a bit offended that the OP did not invite the ladies to comment... Sexism much!!?

/silliness

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 03:42PM

They can comment on their mustaches if they want.

Greying at the temples and beard started at 36 for me. Doesn't bother me because its all still there.

Brother who is 9 years younger was bald at 22. It's the gift that keeps giving. People ask who's older.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 08:46PM

I just can't stand how women look when they have salt and pepper beards. I think they should shave them off.

I suppose I am a bit of a sexist. I can't really get behind womens' rights to wear beards.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 08:51PM

Back in the 80's I saw a woman on a New York subway with a black and grey goatee.

Can't say that I found it fetching.

However, her look was unique.

And who am I to judge?

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 06:27PM

Ever notice how the less you have on top...the better it does other places...seems to grow wild after migration...intelligent design my ass...oh geez that cud have been a freudian slip...theres always no no...be like clearing trees with a garden tractor....oh yeah...salt and pepper...ah yes...selfies anyone?...record the wreck for posterity...scare the crap outta the grandkids

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 06:37PM

Never could grow a beard, but the mustache that a started to grow the day I left home Ricks in 1967 and headed home started to lose some color in my late 40's. I'm '67 now and it's almost white.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 07:37PM

Started in the 40s on face and chest.

The fringe on my noggin is as brown as a bear.

I've worn a beard since the day my daughter was born.

Except that brief moment when I was kidnapped by Amway. :o)

Posted by: Jesse ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 08:08PM

Early 30s and starting to get a few white hairs in the beard. I welcome them though.

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 08:14PM

Mid 40's

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 08:41PM

I didn't really have thick enough whiskers to grow a beard until around 35 or 40. Which was precisely the same time my hair started graying. So I guess my first beard was a salt and pepper beard.

Posted by: .uiuyjhuytyimm,o ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 08:43PM

I was 42 when I noticed, but I had to shave every day prior to this because of a job, so it could have happened earlier. People tell me I have a great beard. It makes me look 10-20 years older. When I shave it off I look young. So I love my beard, but I love looking young too, so it's a trade-off. I've had my current beard for 5 1/2 months, and it's very big, but I grew a beard for 13 months once, and it was gigantic. It has impressed people, and one man told me I had the most beautiful beard he had ever seen. I look unusually old with it, and unusually young without it. I've been told, "you look a lot different", and "I didn't recognize you."

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 08:43PM

3 words...

Just

For

Men

Date: January 04, 2016 08:57PM

All very well and true, but once you start down that road, you just know that there's a girdle out there with your name on it...waiting.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 08:53PM

50's.
Got a tiny bit of gray at the temples in my late 40's, it hasn't spread much, but the beard is about 3/4 gray :(

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 09:06PM

Started turning grey in my 40's. By early 50's total grey. Sorta look like Grizzly Adams

Posted by: spintobear ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 10:04PM

I started getting a bit of white in my goatee in my late 30s. That stuff Just for men has helped to keep it covered the last 30 plus years. My head however barely showed any signs of gray at all until the past six months. I moved back to Utah after a 40 year absence and the white hair has taken over to the point that I am probably 80 percent white now. I wonder if being in the center of Mormonism and all the stress created by the lies I am surrounded with could have caused it.

I decided to give up on the camouflage dye and let nature take over this fall. At a few months shy of 60, I guess I'm at the age to say I no longer give a da*n what others may think.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 10:43PM

Yeah, I went there.

But I feel I should say I got my first silvery hairs (on my head) when I was 12 and started going silver around 25. I loved it for a few years, then got bored and started dying it chestnut. When it all goes white, I'm going to start dying it purple.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: January 04, 2016 11:35PM

I had a beard in my mid-thirties, brown like my hair. I tried again mid-forties, and it came in patchy-browns, reds, grays all mixed together. Just this past November, I grew it out again--all white. I'm 52 right now. I suppose I should accept it, a lot of people tell me it looks really good, and maybe it would appeal to some hot young guys who are into "silver Daddies", but I can't help but think it makes me look too old. I intend to shave it this week, I could always use the excuse that it interferes with my CPAP device.

Posted by: ulfhednar ( )
Date: April 30, 2019 10:47PM

I couldn't say when it started, but I'm 43, and have silver hairs mixed in with the brown on my head. I've been told it's attractive.

My beard, on the other hand... the chin is mostly white, while the rest of it is mostly brown. It makes me look 15 years older. Sometimes I like it, but I'm interested in women in their late 20s and early 30s, and I feel like it gets in the way, so I frequently decide to shave it off, only to grow it out again.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: May 01, 2019 12:01AM

Had a goatee in the '80s (before it was cool, I'm such a trendsetter) mainly because the full beard came in patchy colors. Silver started to sneak in in the 30's (went the Just for Men route), was full salt and pepper (with a dash of paprika) in the 40's. Had a full beard last year (at 54) and it was full on Santa Claus. Quite honestly, I don't mind the gray, it's the effing arthritis I hate!

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: May 01, 2019 12:18AM

Am I the only one here who has read the research that it is lack of the B vitamins, particularly pantothenic acid and PABA, that causes the hair to lose its color? Once it’s gone you can’t bring it back but correcting your vitamin deficiency can prevent further loss of color.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: May 01, 2019 03:05PM

I don't think there is any evidence for the cause of normal greying with age in other ethnic samples, but I could be wrong. I know this from having dinner with my friend who is going grey at about 35, he's from India.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: May 01, 2019 03:23PM

Nothing sexier than gray hair.

Unless he's a bald guy who doesn't care he's bald.

Posted by: Aloysius ( )
Date: May 01, 2019 04:20PM

Early thirties for me, right around the time my first kid came along.

I'll never dye my hair. To quote my late father, "I earned every one of these gray hairs!"

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: May 01, 2019 05:27PM

20 s now in my early 60s it's 99 % salt

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 01, 2019 05:33PM

My brothers turned (salt & pepper) by their mid-30's. If you take into account two of them were red-heads and one was a blonde.

My dad didn't grow one. His hair didn't turn gray at all except at the temples. Not my brothers. When their hair turned gray it went all over. Dad was a dark brunette. He had auburn red hair until it turned brunette during his service in WWII. He was the only one in the family whose hair did that.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: May 01, 2019 08:31PM

Have had a beard for 49 yrs - but can't quite remember when "salt and pepper" started - maybe 50's?

Posted by: KesslerTheNevermo ( )
Date: May 01, 2019 09:47PM

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 01:47AM

My son's hair went gray in his 30s. He's 45 now and his hair is the color of a brand new dime. In the sun, it looks like fiber optic.

He's beautiful in his silver car with the top down.

Date: May 02, 2019 08:51AM

My cousin's hair sounds like your son's hair.

Date: May 02, 2019 08:50AM

My cousin who I stay with when visiting Idaho has hair that looks like it's platinum blonde.

She doesn't do a thing with it. She was a dark brunette until it turned silver white.

She gets it from the Swedish side of her family. She has gorgeous hair.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.