Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: January 12, 2016 06:32PM

What is T Monson's real health condition?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dafydd ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 11:19AM

2012? Anything recent? Or is status pretty much the same as 3+ years ago?

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 08:19AM

Let him retire already. Ook-dork could easily take the helm. He's quite delusional and well suited for the job.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 08:40AM

Have a buddy...ex bish...current rick who remains a good friend...im hoping just cuz were friends...not in hopes of reactivating but anyway...eight months ago at a PEC?? Meeting the word came down to stake level that the ceo was in name only...going to benson defcon three...monson was considered to be ridin the pine...nelsons revelation nonsense appears to be plausible deniability...i kinda appreciate my friend...the other day he mentioned nelsons revelation thing...then refers to oaks as that lawyer guy...most exmos know more names of the plutocracy than believers...i assume this edict came right from the top...but who knows...policy at any moment can become revelatin...tommy could have a warm moist feeling...voila the church is twoo

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 08:41AM

Its a closely guarded state secret. Anybody here on RfM that posts about it is only drawing from anecdotal evidence.

That being said, it does seem that Nelson seems to be becoming much more visible lately.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 02:06PM

That was my thought. I believe the "it was a revelation, damnit" stuff was because he knows that it is going to be him very soon. And "bygod anything I say WILL be revelation!?

And I think that thing he's married to is practicing being profit's wife and plans to be very visible. I mean how may profit's have had wives young enough and educated enough to take an active role?

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 09:07AM

Posted by: sb ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 09:41AM

They did make a statement in general conference a few sessions ago alluding that the lord guides the corp and if the prophet is not able to he has a quorum in place for that contingency. It sounded like it was a typical vague disclaimer.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 01:01PM

Might seem anecdotal...but the church is quick to vaccinate members and its done through stake and ward meetings...if tom was just ducky my friend would be quick to let me know all is well...the good ship zion is under full sail for the planet kolob...one thing ex mos need to get over...is not much new happens out of the cob...this isnt their first rodeo...a policy or technique at crowd control thats worked before will not be changed unless necessary...they do know how to dust off fossils...and let the members down easy...and what does it really matter anyway...ill miss those widow stories

Posted by: Already Gone ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 05:13PM

He's 90. It's old age....and more than one ailment. His body and mind are shutting down.

Dementia is likely because most elderly people have form of it. Last GC made it sem likely with his repeating lines over and over towards the end.

Posted by: Tori ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 05:25PM

I don't know. The Queen of England is going to be 90 this year, and she seems fine (well, for her age). Manson is clearly suffering from more than his years.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: January 14, 2016 03:37PM

I think in the Queen of England's case, one thing she has in her favor is genetics as her mother lived to the age of 101. GBH was another one who was still healthy at 90, and almost lived to the century mark. Others start to decline rapidly after the age of 90, and it's not always due to dementia, but the rest of the body shutting down.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 05:36PM

He's probably like most his age, old, achey, and his brain doesn't work too well anymore. There's probably disfunction in every body part he has. It's cruel to parade him out in front of everyone and expect him to pretend like he's not in the condition he's in.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 07:26PM

I just saw on Facebook yesterday that he's in late stage dementia. But of course he's still getting inspiration from
ghawd to keep hating those gays and lesbians and their little
children.

Fuck him and the fucking evil empire.

Posted by: the1v ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 07:41PM

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 11:53PM

It seemed like GBH was in surprisingly good condition when he was 88. That was 10 years before he kicked the bucket. I know it's separate people with separate conditions. So far as I know, GBH never had any kind of dementia or debilitating mental condition, towards the end of his life or otherwise. And of course Nelson is 90 and, again, he seems to be in remarkably good health. Of course, the church would never let you know if there was something wrong that had no immediate mental or physical manifestations, or it if was something that could be disguised well enough. With that said, though, whatever they are or aren't saying about Monson, it seems like he's just about at the end of his rope, it terms of his health. That conference talk seems evident enough to suggest that.

I think no matter what, if you live to your 90's, your just not gonna be as sharp as you were when you were a young man or even middle aged, but I think some people, whether from good genes, taking good care of themselves, or luck, age with no problems, and just die peacefully, either from a brief illness, or just go in their sleep. That's what I think anyone would hope for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2016 11:56PM by midwestanon.

Posted by: sophia ( )
Date: January 15, 2016 12:41AM

L. Tom Perry was in remarkably good health until he suddenly got cancer and died. Colon cancer, right? Isn't that what took Hinckley also?

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: January 13, 2016 11:59PM

Bet a little coffee would perk him right up.
He'd start acting normal!

But noOO000OOooo.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.