Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: January 14, 2016 08:51AM

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/2479/0/Paris-Cedar-City-and-Bangkok-29-Mormon-temples-in-progress.html

Members hardly full half of the Temples, which idiot decides this kinda opulence, waste beyond me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: January 14, 2016 09:11AM

as a architectual critic it's my view that the steeples are too big for the buildings. If you look at the ratios over half the building is just a steeple. What purpose does this serve other than to disrupt the landscape?

If I wanted to build a house with a 40 foot monument to myself on top, I don't think I could get away with it?

Posted by: hurting ( )
Date: January 14, 2016 09:34AM

I noticed the huge steeples when the Brigham City temple was built. I came to the conclusion that from the freeway it gave the illusion that the temple is huge, and draws attention to it.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 15, 2016 02:18AM

I think the emphasis on steeple size must reflect on the "shortcomings" of the men who cause them to be built.

RB

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 15, 2016 02:37AM

they're going to need some place to dock those dirigibles.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: January 15, 2016 09:55AM

So the steeple length is inversely proportionate to the a certain body part of the church leader who decided on steeple length. So the truth is out, now we all know what is required to become a General Authority.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: January 15, 2016 01:36PM

Yeah, like those behemoth pickup trucks that these little guys have !to chin themselves to get in!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2016 01:37PM by bordergirl.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 15, 2016 03:00AM

promoting the POS more problematic than a bad science fiction novel Book of MORmON as legit scripture, followed very closely by the insanely lame concept that family members can be eternally bound to each other with STUPID secret handshakes.
What a testament to human stupidity that the MORmON scam has endured and persisted at all.

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: January 15, 2016 11:57AM

I will go with cleaning the chruch and cleaning it extra good before conference or a new temple opening is right there as insane. Many buildings in Utah are used by 3 or 4 wards, so tithes from the 3-4 wards for that building are probably easily over 1 million. But the members still have to clean the chruch! They can't hire a janitorial service. GIve me your money and now kiss my butt and get up there and clean the church. Help me Jesus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2016 11:57AM by perky.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: January 15, 2016 07:41PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/14/AR2007121401846.html

When MA tried to stop the LDS Church from erect a massive temple steeple in a residence (where Mitt Romney lives), the church sued saying that steeples were essential to the religion. Suddenly, they retrofit only chapels with these steel steeples, including the 1980s chapel my parents attended. Now they have to keep up the façade.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 15, 2016 09:29PM

Crap--some of those look like Depression-era Federal buildings or banks; the Rome temple might be confused for a Scientology center!

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: January 15, 2016 10:56PM

One must forever keep in mind that the work must roll on...money never takes a day off...if it is to be filtered screened and past along to those worthy of it...buildings must be builded...post the other day was some info on cost of materials...8000 this...5000 that...200000 chandeliers...really???...starts to smell like 60000 dollar toilet seats...if those books ever fly open therell be red asses to go along with those red faces when tithe payers get done raging...you gotta say when it comes to baptizing money...they are the one true church...thats if you look past the big one across the puddle

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.