Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 10:15AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 10:47AM

Enjoying the first day of my weekend. Its out to The Church of The Backyard Garden to enjoy some weather in the 60s. We had a few freezing nights, so trying to do some dead heading and pruning. All the "El Nino" rains made the ground nice and soft.

Just right for pickin' the weeds!

Have a fantastic day, everyone!

-Dennis

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 11:16AM

Drinking morning coffee. Take a shower, fix breakfast. Chop some firewood. Watch it snow, snow. Stay next to fire. Life is good,,

Posted by: Off the fence ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 11:18AM

Going to state-mandated church :(

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 11:49AM

You don't like football?

Posted by: Off the fence ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 01:44PM

Hahahaha

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 12:07PM

Getting ready for school starting tomorrow and couldn't be more happy and excited, even for my math class. Puttering around the house to get things done and making chicken enchiladas for dinner.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 09:14PM

Enjoy! I love enchiladas...

And math can be beautiful when it's taught correctly. So clear, orderly, and efficient...which is why the best students are those who stay involved, essentially teaching themselves.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 12:07PM

Staying inside, at 11AM it has warmed up to a balmy -11 F. Making soup in the crockpot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2016 12:36PM by shortbobgirl.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 12:09PM

Recovering from a hangover

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 12:16PM

Heading to the gym for an hour of agony. Damn arthritis. Gotta keep moving...

After the torture, we are going out to dinner with neighbors who have become good friends. They are not too keen on religious fundamentalism in our area either. We have, over years, become their adopted aunt and uncle of their twins. It is great to have them as our neighbors.

I spent Friday and Saturday at a clarinet festival in Chattanooga. So it is a nice weekend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2016 02:55PM by Eric K.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 12:19PM

It's cold here (0 F when I got up) so I went into town for coffee with my usual gang. May head north to watch my grandson play hockey this afternoon if the timing works out and the roads aren't shitty.

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2016 02:08PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 01:38PM

I have been up for about a couple of hours puttering around and playing with my kitty. I made a pot of coffee today, and I might go and get a rare second cup. Hopefully I can get a couple of loads of clothes washed and put away sometime today. Other than that, I am going to enjoy the day inside my nice warm house as we are getting a nice cold rain outside.

Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 02:00PM

Coloring. It's become a new hobby of mine to help clear my mind.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 02:46PM

Actually coerced into SM.

It Is A Joke!!

if the meeting runs over that's ok but today it was 4 minutes short and the conducting officer had to talk for 4 minutes.

THE MEETING CANNOT BE SHORTER THAN PRESCRIBED

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 03:19PM

Hubby built a camp fire on the back of the farm. Harnessed up a pair of our draft horses to our big farm wagon, loaded up a dozen kids and took them out to the fire for a cookout. He is now taking all us for a wagon ride. It is freezing cold but we are bundled up, and having a great time! Did I mention the snow flurries?!?!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 03:27PM

Today was a big day -- Vandenberg set off another rocket... !! This is a private rocket, made in France.

http://www.space.com/31650-spacex-rocket-landing-jason3-satellite-launch-webcast.html

I live a few miles away so I first heard the deep rumble that shakes your teeth, then the whole house rattled, then the clicks and pops as I tried to see it while standing on my deck. But, not this time. Too over cast. I've lived here for many years and heard every single one of the rocket launches out of Vandenberg - many I can watch them up in the sky until they are only a small white dot.

Very exciting, thrilling!! Miss Kitty went into hiding, of course! Didn't see her for about an hour! :-)

It's rather cool, and no sun has made an appearance yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2016 03:28PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 03:28PM

It's snowing flurries here too pugsly, and icy cold.

After watching "What Women Want," starring Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt, I'm now going to attempt to shovel out my driveway. I didn't get to see that movie when it first came out. One nice thing about cable tv is catching up on the oldies but goldies. :)

Tomorrow's a holiday so no work or snail mail. I still like to be able to get out now and then.

Too snowy to take my dog for a walk. He gets to slug it out in the backyard. He loves making snow angels. :)

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 03:36PM

Smoking my pipe out on the patio after attending church in my Anglican parish.

Posted by: iknowthischurchisfalse ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 03:44PM

Watching Lake Placid on Starz in honor of Betty White's birthday. And it's R rated!

My non mo mother loves this movie and she doesn't even like R rated horror.

Posted by: kenc ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 04:00PM

Working at Washington State University Rec Center because the Seahawks fell behind 31 - 0 and I got nervous.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: January 17, 2016 08:55PM

Finally real winter has arrived. It's cold and it snowed so we grabbed our sleigh and went out with our little pea. She totally enjoyed the experience and riding down a little hill with daddy.
I made a snickerscheesecake, that was more than delicious and we had some hot chocolate with it Actually we had so much of it that our stomachs ached. But it was worth it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2016 08:55PM by newnameabigail.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 18, 2016 09:19AM

Dang, it still feels like Sunday morning to me.

This morning I'm attending the church of RfM. But alas, duty calls as I awaken to my otherly duties.

Because of MKL Jr Day, I have a national holiday off. It's technically a shopping day. Hmm.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: January 18, 2016 09:45AM

We went down to the Portrait Gallery in Washington DC - First time I've been there and I'm sorry I missed it all these years.

I saw the portraits of JS and BY there. They were in the main hallway but not given any sort of special attention, and I didn't see anybody else at the museum even pause in front of them.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 18, 2016 09:59AM

Things slowed down today, so I was able to take time to go see "Revenant" with my boyfriend. I really enjoyed the movie. Many people have complained about the blood. Go see "The Hateful Eight" if you want blood.

Otherwise, I took a long nap between working and the movie.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.