Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 02:00AM

"I cause Cog Dis, which will either drive them insane or drive them sane. I hope for the latter, which is all I can do."
Ayan Hirsi Ali

How do you reconcile the fact that Joseph Smith had 34 wives, 11 of whom were married to other men, with the Law of the Priesthood,(D&C 132:61) which clearly condemns that practice as adultery?
(not to mention the 10 Commandments, the Law of the Land and common human decency.)

What's your best Cog Dis inducing question for pushy testie bearing TBMs?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Charee ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 05:20AM

How uncomfortable do you think your child feels when she or he is alone with an adult male who asks questions about sexuality?

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 02:30PM

I'd switch "sexuality" to "masturbation" for more shock value.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 03:46PM

Posted by: op47 ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 04:48PM

I was in such a mood as to ask a mormon. I was told: we are talking about teenagers not children and it was up to the interviewee and not the bishop and anyone else who said different is being dishonest. So there you go.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 05:26AM

NEVER underestimate a MORmON'S ability and penchant to selectively discount the relevance and poignancy of facts relative to their hopelessly lame, foolish, ridiculous and corrupt MORmON religion.

Date: February 01, 2016 03:32PM

Which is my point, if a MORmON wants to bear their testies to me, or preach the Gospel to me, my response is going to be asking a question they cant answer honestly, and then to point out the irony of them pretending they are moral, when they sing the praises of a man who had 34 "wives", 11 of whom were married to his followers and another 11 of whom were teenagers as young as 14, when he was 36. Thats like singing the praises of Warren Jeffs, while he rots in prison on multiple child rape convictions.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 06:24AM

why does the garment wearing prophet need a $900,000 armoured vehicle to protect him?

Why don't the top 15 pay tithing on their modest stipend like everyone else?

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 02:31PM

Generic: There are a lot of crazy people out there that hate the church.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 12:22PM

Which version of the 1st Vision story is your personal favorite???

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 02:39PM

Well, D&C 132 is easy pickin's; If JS married a bunch of women and *didn't* make babies with them, then he broke the commandment to raise up righteous seed. And, if he was sealed to them only for "loose dynastic ties", then he broke the commandment to take more than one wife. And he broke the commandment about the first wife giving the thumbs up on a new wife. And of course, he was screwing around way before the "revelation", and the apologists can only come up with "some of the principles involved in this revelation were known by the Prophet as early as 1831."

I don't care how often TBM's bear their testimony and say "We don't do that any more", 132 is a royal mess for anyone who believes JS had regular chats with the Big G.

Cog Dis in my book.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 02:41PM

Do you hold a religious belief that could possibly not be true in all situations and experiences in your life?

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 03:20PM

would you let the prophet marry your teenage daughter/granddaughter? if not, why won't you obey the prophet?

Date: February 01, 2016 03:40PM

Would you let Thomas Monson have your wife, if he already had over 30 wives in his harem?

Date: February 01, 2016 03:37PM

How do you justify singing the praises of Joseph's Myth, knowing that he claimed his followers teenage daughters and wives as his own, clearly violating God's commandments by doing so? Where's the empathy for his followers who had their wives and families stolen from them?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 03:40PM

If I came to you today and told you there was this guy who can put a rock in a hat and get revelations straight from God would you believe him?

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 04:30PM

Could you please explain why the Mormon church excommunicated Fawn Brody for the documented evidence against Joseph Smith in her biography, No Man Knows My History, and has now admitted in their essays that what she published was true?

Date: February 01, 2016 06:51PM

Can you explain why the Mormon church excommunicates honest Mormon scholars, like Simon Southerton, Kate Kelly, Grant Palmer and John Dehlin, but does nothing to discipline traitors like the idiot Mormons and their Mormon Militia who siezed Federal land?

Date: February 03, 2016 03:25PM

but not the children of same sex couples, who did nothing to deserve being relegated to an untouchable caste?

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 04:48PM

If the LDS Church is not true, would you want to know?

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 11:04PM

My personal favorite.

Also: "if Jesus is all powerful, is it possible for him to microwave a burrito so hot that he himself cannot eat it?"

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: February 02, 2016 01:04AM

Levi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My personal favorite.
>
> Also: "if Jesus is all powerful, is it possible
> for him to microwave a burrito so hot that he
> himself cannot eat it?"

Well Levi, This is a good question. I believe that Jesus could microwave the burrito so hot even without using a microwave that it would vaporize. And then he could eat it too.

Posted by: ghostie ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 04:56PM

How do you justify the LDS "Apostasy" doctrine in light of Jesus promising Peter "the gates of hell would not prevail" against his church? (Matt 16:18)

Posted by: bettylou ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 10:59PM

You could reframe that very good question to have more punch. IE

"So I'm confused...is it ok, or NOT ok to marry women who are already currently married?"

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 01, 2016 11:15PM

Why don't mormon prophets prophesy any more?

Explain the PoGP origins and meaning to me.

Where do the BILLIONS go? Would you give the church money before you feed your children? Why?

So many questions. So few answers. I could go on forever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2016 11:15PM by madalice.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 02, 2016 12:16AM

if monson ordered you to kill me would you do it ?

Posted by: Bonaventure ( )
Date: February 02, 2016 12:52AM

Is there any quantum of evidence that could convince you the church is not true? What would it be?

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: February 02, 2016 01:20AM

What is the end all be all goal of mormonism?

And...

You're telling me you couldn't think up a better version of eternal life if you were a god?

Posted by: ExCentric ( )
Date: February 02, 2016 02:19AM

If the temple sealing was created for eternal families, then why did Joseph Smith get sealed to 24 women before Emma? Why was he never sealed to his own children when alive? There were 8 years for him to get sealed to them and the first sealing of a parent to child didn't occur until two years after his death.

Why was the sealing power restored in 1836 and only used for illegal "spiritual" marriages while Joseph was alive instead of uniting families or even sealing legal marriages so that children could be born in the covenant?

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: February 03, 2016 03:34PM

so choose any and best wishes!

Posted by: thatsnotmyname ( )
Date: February 05, 2016 12:34PM

I don't know if this is the BEST one, but it's at least something:

How do you reconcile the idea that 8 year olds get baptized and covenant faith in God when they still have the same faith in Santa Claus?

Posted by: Shinehahbeam ( )
Date: February 05, 2016 04:10PM

I thought this was a good one, but I tried it and it didn't make my TBM family think at all..."God said so. You think you're smarter than God?"

My daughter will be baptized by her grandfather in a month. Everyone is congratulating her non-stop on her "decision" to be baptized. It makes me sick.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.