Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thatsnotmyname ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 11:35AM

If the Mormon church was really gods restored church and God wants as many children to return home as possible AND God doesn't believe in blind obedience (look up multiple quotes by church leaders apostles and prophets) then why isn't He telling the prophet the answers to all of the questions that are driving people out of the church? If He were real wouldn't that be an obvious solution to save more souls?

Also, I find people in the church trying to claim that following without knowing/receiving an answer to a doubt about a policy is not blind obedience. How do they reconcile that with the new teachings that the prophets and apostles can speak as men and make errors? To me that is still blind obedience.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 11:57AM

What we consider to be blind obedience a TBM thinks is faith. A TBM would say that God can't give all the answers because he requires you to exercise faith. But an answer like this makes no sense to me. Is God such a jerk that he'd rather see someone leave his church than give a reasonable answer to a question or two?

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 02:39PM

Because he is plenty pissed off

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 02:50PM

LDS, Inc. is a for-profit corporation hiding behind a church for tax purposes. They take tithing, pretend like it serves the Lord, and invest it in stocks, real estate, and developments.

Why would God ever talk to someone who takes his name in vain for profit?

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 03:07PM

God called a pedophile criminal to be his restoration spokesperson.

What did you expect?

Kathleen

Posted by: oregonboy ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 08:43PM

No man is above another PERIOD!!!

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 08:45PM

"Also, I find people in the church trying to claim that following without knowing/receiving an answer to a doubt about a policy is not blind obedience. How do they reconcile that with the new teachings that the prophets and apostles can speak as men and make errors? To me that is still blind obedience."

Of course they would deny it, since the blind and brainwashed are always the last to recognize it, if they ever do at all.

There is none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 09:46PM

Maybe the profits don't think questions are what's leading people out of the church. A lot of people leave because their lifestyle clashes. I know mine does. Single, work on Sunday kind of guy, blue collar.

I don't know that mormonism is a good fit for the working class. It's more for the country club class who don't have to work their ass off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 09:46PM by poopstone.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 10:13PM

Why doesn't sasquatch communicate with chupacabra?

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 10:22PM

Because Sasquatch punted Chupacabra over a mountain

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 10:32PM

Because the prophet doesn't even know the questions.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: February 16, 2016 02:33PM

very possible. They live in cloistered environments away from the masses and only associate with yes men. Everyone is career educated and successful (or pretending). How could they know the troubles of a simple man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQWQc8cl2oY

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 10:58PM

Collective leadership has replaced the Smith/Young style. The role of "Prophet" has become a ceremonial post with a rigid order of succession so no one person can run the show.

Remember John Gill (the transplanted historian Nazi Führer) from Star Trek? Imagine what would happen if Tommy Monson suddenly announced that he'd had a "revelation." The lights would go out, the men in white coats would show up, and the "Prophet, Seer and Revelator" would be whisked away to a secure undisclosed location.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2016 06:54PM by anybody.

Posted by: Mrjesusman ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 11:30PM

Because there is no God. It's always been so.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: February 16, 2016 12:34AM

Because god is a loving father.

I chose to parent as he does.

So I hide up in the attic and when my kids have a problem, I send my word through messengers, all jumbled up into weird stories like those found in the bible.

My kids spend much of their life trying to figure out what I said, which was to do your homework and take a shower.

Why make things clear when you can test their faith?

It is sure fun to watch them struggle in confusion!

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: February 16, 2016 02:42PM

B E C A U S E !!!

So there!

Posted by: President's Mons ( )
Date: February 17, 2016 10:09AM

I'd wager God is waiting for a prophet to come along so that he can talk to it.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 17, 2016 10:20AM

God communicates with the prophet like he does with anyone else who decides God is communicating with them.

God isn't communicating with anyone in any significant way, if a god exists.

People just associate whatever they want as proof that God is there, communicating, giving them signs or looking out for them, etc.

I suppose Mormons take it a notch higher, but really, people who presume to know what God thinks about everything (especially what God wants you to be doing) are everywhere.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.