Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 18, 2016 09:34PM

If you like wine, you MUST go to Woodenville. You can be there all day. Great food, great wine, great hotels.

http://woodinvillewinecountry.com

Willows lodge is my favorite place to stay. They have a fabulous spa there. Can't remember the name of the restaurant, but great food and a wonderful breakfast.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g60878-Seattle_Washington.html#MAINWRAP

If you're a foodie Seattle will be your heaven.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2016 09:44PM by madalice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 18, 2016 10:57PM

Funny Seattle, (Hollywood), Naval Mariners, & Mt. Raineer Camping story. There was a large ship parked downtown one beautiful Friday afternoon as my dear gf and I drove through downtown - steering us to run into a couple of sailors, with gear and nowhere particular to go - on our way to Mount Rainier for a weekend camping trip.

We asked them if they wanted to go see Mount Rainier and they said yep and soon we were on our way to (another) great adventure; we all had a great weekend at the mountain.

We got them back to the ship Sunday evening about 10 o'clock (wondering if they were going to be late) and they invited us to board the ship. They gave us the complete tour and we ended up going into a room, and they introduced us, with a bunch of men sitting around watching a movie. Guess what it was? YES!! They we're watching Top Gun! I laughed inside, thinking, do they always watch this (training) when ships dock?

It's still funny. Those guys got to see a lot more than the rest of the guys and probably had a bit more fun. Lovely days

P. S. - I agree with madalice (talk about FOOD) - that's where I got addicted (to food) [atf] living there in the 90s-00s. Where I learned to eat stuff that moved and stuff that didn't!! Where it's what's on your plate and who's at the table and too the environment. There should be a thread about Seattle eateries. P.S.S.-Is Beth's still boppin'?

Posted by: SeaNeverMo ( )
Date: February 18, 2016 11:12PM

Yup, Beth's is still thriving. I had one of their 6 egg omelets just two weeks ago! The 12-egg ones scare me.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: February 18, 2016 11:24PM

If you want to see a tourist area that is interesting but not advertised much, try the Seattle locks. Regular shipping traffic from small boats to large ships come in to a large holding area from Puget Sound, the water is pumped up about twenty to thirty feet (depending on the tide level), and then the ships continue on in to Lake Union. Afterward traffic reverses, taking ships from the lake down in to Puget Sound. There are salmon ladders there too with underwater viewing of the fish during their annual migrations.

Also, don't forget to eat at Ivars Fish and Chips, and get a greasy but good burger at Dicks Drive-In. Yeah, there's a Temple there in Bellevue. But you'll get more out of a trip to the locks and some good food.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 10:33PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 21, 2016 10:59PM

all Good, but I'm still sticking with the nudist park near Issaquah (just so you know, ja ja)...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.