Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 02:45PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 02:46PM

Eek! I eat it about once a month. That's scary! I like Burger King though, and Wendy's. In-n-Out is the best!

Posted by: bona dea unregistered ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 02:51PM

In and Out, any of the Greek Places in SLC, Zupas, Cafe Rio, Kneaders

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 03:01PM

I first had McDonalds in SLC in 1962.

I had breakfast at my local McDonalds yesterday morning.

Here's something sick and twisted, and I swear, I've only done it once: An In 'n Out Double Double, animal style, and then stopping at McDonalds for a large fry. ghawd, I feel so dirty that I did it, but better now, for confessing it!

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 07:05PM

Wow. Same In 'n Out order. I also had McDonalds in the 60's. In 1966, they brought a McDonalds trailer to elementary school in Yorba Linda, CA on Thursdays. Burgers were 10 cents.
If we eat fast food more than once a month, it's rare. My kid knows nutrition & while her friends eat it a lot, she avoids it like the plague. Smart kid. Plus, we make sure to cook healthy at home & keep plenty of veggies & fruit at home.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 03:04PM

Maybe once a month at the most. I don't live near any fast food places.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 03:35PM

My boyfriend and I eat out at least 3 times a week, AT LEAST. We eat out the nights I don't work. He makes dinner the nights I work. We usually have breakfast once a weekend and dinner once a weekend.

I go get fast food for my son and I probably 5 days a week.

The places my boyfriend and I go include Noodles, Rumbi's, Chinese, Chili's, Texas Roadhouse, and others.

I usually go to Wendy's for my lunches, sometimes Burger King. We don't have In and Out or that is where I'd go.

I've been cooking more lately, but I really don't like cooking anymore. I'm kind of tired of fast food. I actually gain weight when I cook, not the other way around.

Posted by: Titanic Survivor ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 03:45PM

I ate breakfast at McDonalds in 1991 about 12 times. Since then zero fast food. Before 1991 I would say 5 or 6 times over 15 years or so. Also did not grow up with it at all.

I think it is so sad that this crap American export is replacing local cuisines all over the world.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 03:45PM

No I'm not average.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 06:56PM

I just crossed myself and pointed towards Heaven!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 08:53PM

Because YOU know.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 03:49PM

I am a poor miserly hermit. I eat fast food several times a year. Fast food costs money, the food is not so healthy, and if I went to a restaurant, there would be people in there!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 04:00PM

No, I'm not average.
A couple of days ago, I worked a long day, had no lunch, didn't really eat any dinner (a small bit of leftovers is all)...so the next morning I stopped at Mickey D's and got 2 sausage & egg mcmuffins ($3.99). Scarfed 'em both down.
That was my first fast food in about a month.
And it'll probably be another month.

When I do indulge, it's usually Jack in the Box (sentiment, I worked there as a teen!), In-n-Out, or Carl's Jr.

Posted by: anon this time ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 04:13PM

I prefer my own home cooked food, and knowing its source.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 04:31PM

I haven't eaten FF for many years. I am a good cook and like to make my own meals.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 04:47PM

I really look forward to the break from cooking and cleaning up. We try to go with healthier options most of the time but Hubby really loves his Papa Murphy's (thin crust) but we always get a nice big salad too and we never get soda. Sometimes we will do Subway. My fav is Carls Jr./Hardies but even they have more healthy choices if you look on line at their "Other Side" options. I love the Low Carb Chicken Club.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 04:50PM

We only eat fast food every couple-three nonths.

By FF do you mean french fries or fast food?
Okay, I'll do both!

Fast Food: China Wok, local place with an awesome buffet.

French Fries: Steak & Shake, a midwestern classic local chain.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 04:52PM

We had to make a rule when In And Out came to town.

RULE: we can only eat there once in the same day!

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 05:35PM

Depends on my work schedule. It is usually Subway, LeeAnn Chin,Culvers or Zantigo.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 06:24PM

I try to avoid it. Against my word of wisdom. Last I had was McDonalds a couple of months ago. As a kid I always wanted to go there. They got me with their marketing. I was able to go to a restaurant after I got baptized and I chose there.

Posted by: Q ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 06:38PM

About 2-3x a month. Subway, Wendy's, and Burger King my favs. When I stopped eating fast food all together for @ 6 months when I had some it sat like a rock in my stomach for HOURS. Give me salt and fat any day over chocolate or sweets :-)

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 06:49PM

Twice a year.
Only a Chicken Fajita Pita at Jack in the Box or a burger at In 'n Out.

I don't ever drink sodas (unless I have the flu).

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 06:53PM

I have celiac disease, and almost all fast food contains or is contaminated by gluten--even the salads and ice cream products.

No problem--I'm a chocolate/sweets person, so if everyone is going to a fast food place, I go along, with a couple of candy bars in my purse, and order a soda--so I'm good. Sugar rush!

Love gluten-free pizza
Rubio's g-free stuff
Barbacoa g-free
Chinese g-free

A little more expensive, so I keep it down to twice a month.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 07:00PM

I have it once or twice a month. Today was the first fast food lunch this month. I had soup and a small salad. They were yummy!

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 07:11PM

Just curious Cheryl. Which fast food is healthy? BTW, most soups (which I love) has more sodium than you need for 2 days.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 07:11PM

I like Sbarro. Their pizza is decent and the hot food bar is great. I love the sausage and peppers with a hot breadstick. I like Panda Express for Chinese food and go there about once a month. Every now and then I get a burger and fries from Five Guys or a hot sandwich and fries from Charlie's Philly Steaks.

I wish the east coast had In and Out! I've heard so many raves about the burgers there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2016 07:33PM by summer.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 07:21PM

Panda Express, not as often as I'd like. Mongolian Barbecue. Before I gave up red meat I liked In-And-Out.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 07:25PM

Maybe once a month? I prefer to cook at home. Healthier, more nutritious, and I know I washed my hands after *insert disgusting activity here.*

Working in restaurants has made me a little wary of eating out. We do occasionally, but I always hope I don't get food poisoning or otherwise sick afterwards.

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 08:25PM

Depends what you call fast food. We live in the land of 1000 good delis that make great sandwiches for lunch, also great pizza places(not chains like Dominoes). We have a very good Chinese restaurant nearby with takeout. There is no need to ever set foot in McDonalds or Burger King etc. and still get reasonable and tasty fast food. Mostly we eat at home though, I can't think of a week when we ate out 4 times except on vacations.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 08:47PM

I'm not average, but In n Out is my favorite burger place, especially when I get a Double Double animal style. For me, my favorite place for soup and sandwiches is Panera Bread. I also live where I can get excellent Mexican food that's served quickly, so it's not technically fast food. That said, I'd rather have Taco Bell or Del Taco than Cafe Rio, when I want Mexican food for white people.

Posted by: richardthebad (not logged in) ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 08:59PM

I haven't eaten fast food for a few years. I usually only eat out when on the road, and then I try to hit local cafes or restaurants.

Travel tip for those on I-80 through Wyoming;

Roses Lariat in Rawlins, best Green Chili north of Santa Fe. Everything on the menu is good.

The Antelope Café in the Pronghorn Truck stop at the Burns Wyoming turnoff. Very small menu, but some of the best made to order Punjab food. Owner/waiter is a hoot and his wife is a fantastic cook.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 09:01PM

I am either not average, too broke or too stingy. I seldom eat fast food. If I am going to eat out I will carefully choose at least a medium quality establishment that serves decent food.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 10:27PM

I'm pretty far below average. But then, I live in a place where there is only one fast-food choice. And it seems to be a grim place to me. When I go to the big city (about 8 or 9 times a year), I do occasionally get a burger and fries. Just so that I don't forget how to do it.

It wasn't exactly the question that was asked, but somehow I feel compelled to mention that my all-time best fast-food experience was several decades ago at the river-boat McDonald's in St. Louis. That was partly because I harbor a secret love for kitschy, fake, authentic antiques and partly because the counter person was new at the job and totally thrilled to be there. She loved it all, was friendly and enthusiastic, explained minute details of McDonald's lore with the joy of a total convert. I don't actually remember what I ate.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: February 19, 2016 10:52PM

Definitely not, than god.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: February 20, 2016 12:10AM

When I work late, it's easiest to go through a drive-thru on the way home. There's an abundance of national chains around my area, and I rotate. But when I visit New York, I always stop at the White Castle on the Jersey side of the Lincoln Tunnel. I always hate myself afterwards, but I do it all the same.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 20, 2016 12:19AM

We get take out a couple times a week. Usually Vietnamese or Taco Time taco salads or nachos.

RB

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 20, 2016 12:25AM

I only dine on FF when I'm in a hurry or Bored with 'home cooking'.

too expensive, too fattening, No Taste.

Wendy's is my fav, but I can fry a burger at home.

my fav food is stuffed peppers (stuffed w rice & gr. beef)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2016 12:26AM by GNPE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.