Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: I should be grateful ( )
Date: February 25, 2016 05:06PM

After 15 years, I tried to obtain my membership back. I was informed last Sunday that my request for membership was denied.

My parents were hoping for a better outcome. They are disappointed. And I understand their disappointment. I was until I realized that I would be trapped again in a situation that I didn't like 15 years ago. It that sense, I should be grateful that the SP denied my membership request.

Their congregation has shrunken to near nothing. Once their age group passes away, there won't be much left of the ward.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: February 25, 2016 05:15PM

Well as they say... There is a reason for everything.

Interesting processes, both excommunication and being baptized again, that I have no idea about. Any details would be fascinating to read.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 25, 2016 05:15PM

I hope you study the issues and realize the Mormon church is a total scam. Many of us are delighted and relieved to be free of it.

I'm sorry for you're parents disappointment and the trouble they dished out to you. That alone is reason to question any claims of caring or kindness, not to mention the crazy claims and questionable history, the sexism, racism, and homophobia.

Good luck. Sounds like you're at least relieved not to be in the rat race of attendance and constant work and ongoing pressure.

Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: February 25, 2016 05:39PM

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: February 25, 2016 05:17PM

Why would want back in? It is a depressing, controlling, time wasting, guilt trip system. Don't give them the satisfaction of wanting anything from the Mormons. Enjoy your life and move on,,

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 25, 2016 05:21PM

Joseph SMith and Brigham Young still enjoy full membership in the church that chooses to persist in excluding you. It takes someone like Hitler or Stalin to be worse than Joseph Smith or Brigham Young, and who really knows what BY or JS would have really done IF given the chance. ..........Full MORmON membership has been extended to Adolf Hitler.

Now, what were you feeling bad about ?....?????

Posted by: Anon1500 ( )
Date: February 25, 2016 07:00PM

It's a new reverse psychology thing. If it gets about that they're not letting people back in people will be afraid to resign.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 25, 2016 07:14PM

Well, you know the old saying -- when one door closes, another door opens. By its actions, the church has opened a new door for you. Good luck with your continued journey through life.

Posted by: I should be grateful ( )
Date: February 25, 2016 09:32PM

I didn't think I would encounter such a spiteful old goat as I did for an SP. Also, none of us thought that it would be very difficult to obtain membership again. After all, it has been 15 years! Can't the LDS church put this behind them and allow all of us to move on? This reminds me of the saying: "The beatings will continue until moral improves."

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: February 25, 2016 09:48PM

Your SP may be "a spiteful old goat," but he is doing you a favor.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: February 26, 2016 12:30AM

If you're dead serious about rejoining the cult, move to a new city, preferably out of state.

Once settled in, somehow wrangle a visit from the missionaries. Don't give them your real name or your church history.

Take the lessons and get baptized.

You might need to make up a plausible family history, but those are some of the messy details that you need to get together.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: February 26, 2016 12:39AM

I guess two frauds make it right. You join the church as a new person because they kicked you out and won't let you back in. They lie to you and your family about church theology and history. It's a win-win (not).

Posted by: nitrameequc ( )
Date: February 26, 2016 01:56AM

You are a much better person than I am. If the SP had said that to me, I'd have told him to take his pious , arrogant , holier than thou attitude & shove it as far up his a** as it'd go. Then I would've said " I know you think your sh*t doesn't stink , but your self righteous attitude DOES ".

Ohhhh, Mary , Mother of Jehosophats.........don't even GET me started.

I know the SP's response had to really hurt. But I agree with everyone else.........down the road you'll see that he did you a huge favor.

***HUGS***

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.