Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 07:09PM

After he rebuffed his wife, and her countenance dropped, the camera cut her out of the filming from 1:18 to 2:29.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ4_wTGv8Ao

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: maizyday2 ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 07:24PM

Man, that guy comes across as a condescending jerk.

I can't imagine looking up to him for "guidance" for ANYTHING.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 09:04PM

It's not the first time he has subtly insulted her in public, actually sometimes not subtle at all.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 09:10PM

His narcissistic rage would probably end her up in a mental institution, or maybe even a homeless shelter.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 09:22PM

I turned the sound off and just looked at their faces. They both look weary. She looks weary and worried. He looks weary, smug, and superior. Maybe the weariness is just too much jet travel but I wonder if spewing vitriol day after day wears a person down.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: February 29, 2016 09:12PM

Bednar is an abusive fuckhead. I wish someone would call him out on his abuse right to his face. I really hope someone has, & that we just don't know about it.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 12:05PM

Tristan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bednar is an abusive fuckhead. I wish someone
> would call him out on his abuse right to his face.
> I really hope someone has, & that we just don't
> know about it.
Wish I was there!

I would SO do it!

Wish my StalkerDog™ was still here. He could inflict some severe ankle damage.

Non-Mo and nothin' to lose!

Posted by: whinny ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 12:00AM

This is so foul. I couldn't even watch a minute.

It ain't easy being pretty. And it ain't pretty being easy. What the hell does that have to do with homosexuals, or heterosexuals, for that matter? Absolutely nothing.

Posted by: whinny ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 12:23AM

Bednar displays the most perfect example of circular reasoning/begging the question that I have ever seen.

Bednar is asked if behavior is evil and answers that the behavior is evil because I believe it is evil.

If I am not correct in my application of logic, please illuminate.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 08:54AM

They start with an unfounded assumption: homosexuality is bad; and then they proceed from there. Because of their faulty foundation, everything else is shaky. When confronted with facts that refute their assumption, they just dismiss them as false or irrelevant. It's not a convincing argument to the unconvinced, and it starts to make those who doubt wonder even more what is wrong.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 12:26AM

Who knows what his wife thinks. He will never allow her to speak. After all, he's the king. It's disgusting.

I'm guessing that his wife hasn't been allowed to have thought of her own for a very long time. I look at her face, and my heart breaks. She looks like a very broken person. I don't know if she will ever be able to be anything but that.

Posted by: ck ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 09:31AM

She didn't used to look like that. Maybe it's just a result of aging or being tired, but there is sadness in her eyes that belies something more. Maybe we all look a little sad after a lifetime.

Posted by: durhamlass ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 06:20AM

This is pure speculation on my part but I got the feeling that when she tried to say something and he shushed her with that killer look that they may have some kind of personal experience with this topic. It could account for why she looked so close to tears and why she was out of camera shot for a time.

Whether this is right or not I have to say that I feel desperately sorry for this poor woman; she looks totally ground down by her years of marriage to him.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 06:41AM

Dead on. Absolutely my impression, too durhamlass. They've had this argument before. I wonder if one of their children might "struggle with same-sex attraction."

If we are correct, then Sister Bednar just became another victim of the church's new stance on homosexual families. So incredibly sad...

Posted by: antilehinephi ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 06:56AM

Just another example of a white male Mormon spouting off his world view of homosexuality. It is also an example of how little say women have in the church. Mrs. Bednar doesn't say a word. Bednar is scary IMO.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 07:40AM

Perhaps some of these comments should be on his youtubes or other member eyeshots.

He came to town a few months ago and we couldn't be more anxious to get rid of him. He kept saying how he had to hurry and catch a playing; how he couldn't stick around even for a moment (not that be wanted to, even if he could).

He is no saint, but an arrogant, conceited and hateful lost soul. Who remembers what he said? It wasn't even as memorable as 'blah blah blah'. He cropped - and creeped - out the hole 'church' atmosfear.

He sounded like he wanted to backhand life itself (including his wife, the youth and all diligent, even if mislead, saints). I couldn't stand still in a room with him and he couldn't sit still in a room with me. Of course I have the truth and all he has is his ego trip (where he won't get to tell everybody he's in a hurry and doesn't really want to be there) which should end soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2016 07:50AM by moremany.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 08:02AM

He is going back to the traditional term of homosexuality (the one I, and he, and most everyone else was raised with when learning the English language) that is that homosexuals are men who have gay sex. And that is when you are gay. Having lust doesn't make you gay. And these were topics that just weren't discussed and all was in the closet in the past.

I get what he's trying to explain (we come from the same physical, cultural, Utah past). But ya, I see it would be nice if Mrs. B. was passed the microphone and could give her opinion.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 11:28AM

poopstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He is going back to the traditional term of
> homosexuality (the one I, and he, and most
> everyone else was raised with when learning the
> English language) that is that homosexuals are men
> who have gay sex. And that is when you are gay.
> Having lust doesn't make you gay.

So there are no homosexuals in the church? I had gay sex and I was in the church. I knew several others as well.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 09:49AM

Id assume she gets awful tired of being in the presence of such greatness...but for the grace of gawd the veil would be rent and bedbug would just lift right off...better hang onto those lead insoles there bedbug...gawds work needs you here...haha...how neat is it bedbug was the biggest weight on my dils shelf when she attended byu- i a few years ago

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 10:10AM

The Nazi party is alive and well masquerading as the LDS church.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 10:21AM

Bednar is a typical enforcer type. Eyes of steel. Ice water in his veins.

Problem is, the senior apostles liked having an enforcer below them, but no one wants an enforcer next to them or above them. I predict that Bednar, after he drives his wife to suicide, will actually drive a few apostles clear out of the church. He's a godsend, so to speak, to anyone who wants to see the LDS church lose whatever remaining power, dominion, or influence it has.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 10:25AM

I'm still shocked by how sad she looks.

Posted by: AlexSa ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 10:36AM

His reasoning is very odd.

He is basically saying that you are only homosexual if you actually have sex with someone of the same gender.
So by that definition he is right about no homosexuals in the church as if you have sex with someone of the same gender you are excommed and therefore not a member.

Does this mean you are only heterosexual if you have sex with someone of the opposite gender ? So a virgin is asexual until further notice?

Can you only identify as either homosexual or heterosexual at the very moment you are engaged in sex?

If I have sex with my wife and then the next day I am fantasizing about sex with men, am I heterosexual or homosexual?

His reasoning is flawed. What makes you hetero or homosexual is who you are attracted to, not who you are having sex with.

So there are definitely homosexual members of the church.

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 10:53AM

So it's inappropriate for elder Bedfart to identify himself as a human being, a man, an American, a brother, an uncle, etc. He can ONLY identify himself as a "son of God." No other descriptor is appropriate. Silly Mormon son of god he is.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 10:58AM

someone should trademark the initials CJ (condescending jerk) for Pickles & ppl like him, to be added as an 'honorary' after his name like other people do for MD, CPA, PhD, RN, MBA, etc.

Date: March 01, 2016 11:30AM

Circle Jerk - weekly meeting of the FP+Q12 in their temple.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 12:02PM

The sad thing is that there is very little chance the homophobic hate and bigotry can change. The YOUNGEST apostle is my age and I'm old. People my age are still very homophobic.

With the new "youngsters" they have put in, it has brought the average age of the big 15 DOWN to 75. 12 of the 15 are older than Baby Boomers. The profit-o-gawd is almost 90 and who's in the wings to take his place, a 92-year-old. Because of the range in age, chances are VERY high that they might get a young person in his 70s as profit in the next 10 years. But who will that be? Bednar! It goes from bad to worse.

So the geezer brigade marches on and thinks the GenXers and Millennials are going to just stay in line on the hate train. Yeah, some will. But but the train is already starting to derail. And they just can't see it. They can't see that they are going to have to get out of the 19th century. And as long as Bednar is the future profit, and he obviously knows it and is grooming the flock for it, nothing can or will change.

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 12:04PM

I was brave and commented on the video! I guess I better watch out; the TSCC po po are coming to get me!

-"Shakin' in my boots" Dennis

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 02:49PM

I couldn't stand his speech pattern, because it's so rote that if you don't pay attention to what the translator is saying, you can flip things around and imagine Bednar's translating from the Spanish.

That's how mechanical Bendy comes across.

Date: March 01, 2016 02:53PM

He seemed so annoyed with the translation process like why would he have to wait in between the amount of time he wants to pontificate.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 04:30PM

I was told that I had been given the gift of tongues when I went on my mission and spoke 3rd grade level Skandihouvian ... honestly can't an apostle of the lord jesus christ manage spanish or portuguese ...

Posted by: OzDoc ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 05:29PM

I could only bear to watch 3 minutes of that.

That is an abused woman. It may be ONLY emotional abuse but she has all the hallmarks of a woman who is trapped and cannot make a decision or express an opinion without the approval of her husband. I have had women in my office exhibiting these behaviours. The glancing at Bednar then looking away, the attempted little laughs, the anxious posture all endorse it. But the pain and fear in her eyes confirm it.

I have posted before about the emotionally dead eyes of the robotic GA's wives I met in my Mo childhood.Bednar's eyes are a mixture of ice and venom. That poor woman! And their poor family.

This,to me, is one of the greatest of the evils TSCC perpetuates. People imprisoned by fear and lorded over by those who lack basic humanity.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 05:45PM

Him saying "My wife is afraid I am going to hit her with this bottle" and her rearing back with her hands up to protect her head. Supposed to be funny. Not.

Your take on it is interesting OzDoc. Thank you.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 05:51PM

+1 You don't have to be an expert in body language and facial expression to pick up on how emotionally beaten this woman is. Very sad.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.