Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 12:41PM

From the pickle talk to the proclamation that April 6th is Christ's birthday (talk about irrelevant doctrine) to the no homosexuals declaration, Bednar has to be one of the most ridiculed LDS leaders in recent memory.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 12:53PM

Yes, but pretty much all of them are clowns, it's just the face paint that's different.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 01:00PM

He is to his wife. I think that's clear!

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 09:03PM

How right you are.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 01:04PM

Is getting immersed in pickle juice to avoid homosexual thoughts while using your wife as a spiritually hot instructor for life but not letting her speak much in public embarrassing?

If it is, at least he didn't sire a counterfeit family. He can console himself with that while he is interacting with all the shittingly superficial beautiful people he has surrounded himself with in his life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2016 01:05PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 01:21PM

They choose him to represent them. He has an excellent chance of becoming its Kingpin after Oaks and Holland. If he embarrasses them, it's because he is a reflection of them.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 01:37PM

He's the future!

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 02:27PM

He has great nastiness hidden in his closet. Truth will out. He will be embarrassed and shamed and shown as a hypocrite.

thus sayeth Hedning.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 02:37PM

CAN the LDS church be embarrassed? They are too clueless to realize when they SHOULD be.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 02:44PM

Somebody had to fill in the space left by Packer. Looks like Pickle Packer Bednar is the one.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 07:27PM

Bendy Bednar picked a peck of pickled Packers. If bendy Bednar picked a peck of pickled Packers, how many pickled Packers did bendy Bednar pick?

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: March 02, 2016 02:18PM

Omg girl, I was thinking the exact same thing!

What an asshat Pickles is.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 03:29PM

Imaworkinonit beat me to the punch. "CAN the LDS church be embarrassed? They are too clueless to realize when they should be."

Wouldn't ya think that just about a a a zillion things that has occurred over the last 200 yrs or so would have turned their face, not only red, but purple? I seriously laugh and laugh at many of these faux pas. Here is a tiny sample to chew on:

1. Prophet Joe, needing money badly, is at his wits end. Did he ask God for manna from heaven first? Had he lost his little ole chocolate seer stone? Anyway, what he does is send some of his minions up to Canada (to hide his deed) to SELL the copyright for the truest, most wonderful book on earth! The Golden Bible that God had entrusted him to bring to the people. I mean, what the fuck?! I'll just sell it!

2. Joe's revelations were just oh, so forthcoming and plentiful when his life's circumstances needed them. You know, like the polygamy one he needed to explain to Emma why he had his pants down so frequently. God and that darn ole flaming sword made me do it!

3. How about the Kirtland Bank fiasco when he covered depris with coins on top to fool others into thinking he had boxes overflowing with money? Then, he cleverly talked people out of their land, savings and earnings. Not many other ways to see this action other than he only was concerned with himself.

4. How about the Hinkster when he was a supposed blessed prophet of the LDS Church proclaiming on national television that he didn't know if his church "taught that." Seriously? If the prophet doesn't know, isn't the church in deep sh**? He could twist words and people right up there with ole Joey.

Overall, the leaders of the church have no clue about healthy behavioral reactions. When you continually live in an atmosphere as they do where you must think how you are going to keep the truth from gushing out, this is where your energy is consumed. There is no energy left for anything worthwhile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2016 03:38PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 03:49PM

He is only doing what has been done on other worlds.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 04:01PM

I listened to the talk and He just said what mormon's believe? Was it that peculiar? I've heard a lot worse... (just sayin')

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 07:38PM

poopstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I listened to the talk and He just said what
> mormon's believe? Was it that peculiar?

There are no homosexuals in the church is a weird thing to say. Packer could get away with it back in the day, but Bednar himself said it was an important issue.

It is like some leader in 1977 saying something terribly racist. It was fairly obvious at the time that coming out so strongly is wrongly doing it.

Can you imagine some leader saying there are no Black people in the temple in 1977?

At least that leader would have some ground to stand upon unlike Bednar.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 04:02PM

He should be an embarrassment to the church, but those devout members have been so indoctrinated, they won't be embarrassed at all.

Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 07:29PM

Someone had to fill the void left by Packer.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 07:35PM

He's an embarrassment to himself and the church. The church is

an embarrassment to the world.... and around and around it goes.

If they had any brains they'd close up shop but they're too

in love with the dirty money.

Posted by: westerly62 ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 07:36PM

You've always gotta have that one fan-favorite apostle for the tin foil hat faction of the Church. He's their guy.

Fingers crossed that he makes it all the way to the top.

Posted by: anaiiii ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 08:08PM

I was on a trip with him- and a rock crushed my pinky and I swore out loud and it echoed down the canyon and the BYU professors really tried to justify the budget and minimize insurance for injury. I heard him speak next in hawaii talking about going out of his way to him people in need.
He was incredibly difficult to engage in conversation and so rigid.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 08:12PM

Bednar should RESIGN;

he's about as Christ-Like as Hitler or that guy in charge of North Korea.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 08:40PM

I think he's doing the Morg more harm than good. Look at his scowl, listen to his condescending voice, see the looks on his poor wife's face. Now, imagine all the Youth of Zion seeng this shit. Bednar may appeal to the old stewed prunes of Mormonism, but he's going to be responsible for many young thinkers to leave. The Boner.

Date: March 01, 2016 09:02PM

And he was supposed to be--and still thinks he is--the guy who inspires "the youth" and keeps them in the church. What a disastrous appointment by Hinckley.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 08:49PM

As some have said, the cojcolds is beyond embarrassment. But Bednar and his wife both look like death warmed over. Bednar is a shell of a human being. And his poor wife looks like she is doing everything she can to not collapse into the fetal position.

Mormonism has wrapped itself around their brains and is squeezing tighter and tighter.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: March 01, 2016 09:23PM

IF it was possible to properly embarrass MORmONISM and its MORmON members then THE MORmON church would have died of embarrassment 10 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srILFPwAAuU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yCm4zFVIe0

did some one say something about a Hinckley Bednar connecti

Date: March 02, 2016 01:19AM

Apparently Bednar was shrewd enough to name a BYU-I building after Hinckley, who considered that to be irrefutable evidence of deep spirituality on Bednar's part.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: March 02, 2016 12:10AM

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: March 02, 2016 02:03PM

An embarrassment to the human race?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.